Rd 26 vs Broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

TC wrote:And that's why we need a new kicker.
Refereeing is appalling. Totally inconsistent. There is such a feel of the 2006 grand final about this.
Same score as said grand final just reversed...
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The broncos lacked direction and were a makeshift team after injuries hit.

I think we all know that did not shut them out of the game. If we scored another try, and converted every attempt i think the team would be better placed leading into the pointy end.

+2 for Duff and Marika to receive more of the ball, are the wingers just fancy book ends? Chambers must have glue on his hands when it comes to passing
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd much rather Chambers keep being a ball runner. Half the time he takes his runs there is barley any room for Duffie to do anything anyway. He'd get taken into touch more often than not.

Mann has been really solid outside of those few weeks where his future hadn't been sorted. He was finally rewarded with a couple of tries.

Cronk is still trying to do too much. Not his game plan.

Munster the standout yet again. Hard to believe he didn't have a place in the team until an injury happened. He's easily been out most consistent player the last few months.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I said before the game that Mann owes us a try and he gave us two. good to see Will cross the line. Cam Munster what a star. I think we all knew Storm were going to beat the broncos.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No doubt them not having Hunt impacted their attack, but our defence kept them from having options which was the thing I liked. 2 weeks in a row, we've fought our way into the arm wrestle after a tough start, with some rubbish penalties.
I said at half time last night I was looking forward to the penalty count evening up like it normally does... nope, not last night!! :evil:

We are getting off our line again and hunting in packs in defence - the Newcastle loss scares me as it makes me not trust the consistency, but heading into the finals, our last 2 games have been big wins against tough opposition, played like a final.

I can't out loud say I want Manly to win... so I'm just going to say I hope Cronulla lose and we sneak 4th spot! :lol:
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I've been critical of Chambers not passing but I wonder how much is a desperate need to score or a lack of confidence in Matt Duffie. I noticed one missed opportunity in the Newcastle debacle where Duffman was too far behind to accept a pass. It looked like that side was definitely not in sync.
storm77
Squall
Squall

Anyone who says they want manly to win is banned from this board and is to be burnt at the stake for their heresy. :evil:
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't want Manly to win... but I hope like hell the Sharks don't win :P

The importance of a top 4 spot cannot be understated. Second chance AND opportunity for a week off. Some people suggesting that 5th spot is better because we would have a home final, need their heads read. Elimination final every week and only one home game.

It is unlikely though that we will grab 4th spot and we only have ourselves to blame. Those showings against Newcastle and Wests, were abysmal.

Still, I hold out hope.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

either way I'm happy
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'll be a hell of a lot more happier if we finish 4th as opposed to 5th. It's a no brainer in that finishing top 4 greatly increases your chances given a possible week 1 win means an automatic home Prelim final.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Game summary: Cameron Munster.
I reckon last nights performance may have inched him ahead of Jack Bird in the Dally M Rookie of the year race.

Looking forward: 4th would be nice. But I think that way we'll run into the Dogs in week two if we lose to the Chooks? Come 5th and we'll most likely play Dragons then Cronulla then either Cows/Broncos. I feel we match up well against all those teams that we play if we finish 5th. However, I will fleetingly be a Manly supporter this weekend.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Munster won't win because it's voted on by the sycophantic Sydney media.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I saw a top 10 rookies article up on nrl.com during the week and Munster didn't even crack that. I couldn't believe it.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: I couldn't believe it.
I can. He's a Melbourne player....
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storm77 wrote:Anyone who says they want manly to win is banned from this board and is to be burnt at the stake for their heresy. :evil:
Storm77 for all intensive purposes Manly may as well be wearing Storm jerseys tomorrow. To have a realistic chance of winning premiership (ie double chance & home final in week 2 or 3) we need Manly to win. Very tough to win GF from 5th. Therefore I don't apologise for supporting Manly to win one game. If things don't go well & Manly lose it gives us more reason to hate Manly.

I give Storm a sneaky chance of beating Roosters without Pearce & JWH. (If we get there). Plus Roosters surely can't stay up for four months.