Rd 25 vs Cowboys

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
braddo7
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Mattpoet wrote:Kenny Bromwich really caught my eye last night too, arguably his best game.
Love his energy. Starting to run some quality lines, and his decoy work as always is first class
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Both Bromwich brothers were outstanding.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote:I'm sorry call me a traitor but how good was the cowboys try in the last few minutes just WOW

The game wasn't our best but any game after the knights game was 100% better I thought cam Munster had a brilliant game and I couldn't stop laughing everytime JT kicked the ball on the 5th and it was cam who would be the one tackling him

Cam on the other hand looked slow...not bad but at times (ok maybe for like 5/6 minutes) he just looked like he couldn't keep up ... I shouldn't complain cause the guy gets through a mountain of work
I love how quickly JT took the conversion too. Just set it up on the tee, backed up and slotted it like it was a training drill.

Very impressed by the boys. Bellyache's spray must have landed on some open ears.

How good was that 40/20? Can't believe the refs had to check it, he was well inside the 40.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Danger D wrote:How good was that 40/20? Can't believe the refs had to check it, he was well inside the 40.
I'm pretty sure they were more interested in whether it was a true 40/20 or whether it was taken into touch by the Cowboys winger. Tap or scrum being the different restart options.

Still killed our momentum though. Competent officials would have seen the ball on the line before the Cows player touched it.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And whilst Smith didn't play his best game, he still laid on the only try of the game, not as a result of a kick.
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Kettles wrote:I think people are being harsh on Green. I might get howled out for this, but for me, Harris and Chambers are the worries for me at the present, Proctor too. All three are showing a distinct lack of creativity, currently.

Didn't you just know that we wouldn't hold the Cowgirls out to nil. This always seems to happen. Disappointed we didn't shut them out.

After last week's debacle, a top four place is not even deserved, however, if Manly manage to turn over the Sharks, we are a chance if we manage to be the Ploncos. Brisbane don't like playing us and we're not without a chance.
totally agree with this Kettles.
As per the last 7 or 8 years we rely on mythical 'big 3'. and when these don't fire we have looked at our 'second tear' players to step up. I don't think that has happened this year. In this second tear I would include Chambers, Proctor, Harris and Hincliffe.
I think it is the players below this Such as Green, Munster, Marika, Duffie And K Bromwhich that have stood up. (im putting the levels on reputation more then ability)

Hate to say it but Chambers has been playing like the 'new' Dane Nielson lately, maybe its the curse of the QLD centre!!
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

ABSOLUTELY Coupy73!!! I omitted Hinchcliffe out of the list of underperformers, partly in consideration of the amazing service he has shown the club, but he is easily tackled and more easily put on the turf. And, damn it all, he and Harris and Chambers are just being so predictable. More annoying is when Chambers is running down towards the wing. He has a spare player on his outside, yet he always seems to go for glory by more often than not getting caught himself, when scoring a try might have been a possibility if only he elected to pass the ball. I am not saying he isn't a great player - he is - but we aren't seeing much of it or much of his creativity at the present.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Lol...in our edge defence's defence, try tackling 40+ tackles over 80 mins and still be as creative as people think you should be. Take that defence away and you have a gaping hole not only on the edge, but in the middle cover as well. Marked by the opposition because of your creativity (not your lack of) you have 3-4 players on you to get you down throughout the game.
Both our edges play the most minutes after the backs, one of them plays the full game every time, tackles are up there just behind Cam's...easy to see the flashy or exciting plays against the hard slog

Why do you think they're there?

Thought all the forwards stepped up & in the conditions they were all bending the line and going through. First time in ages that they worked so well. It starts with the big men & there hasn't been anything like this for a while - the early games this season they were rolling up the middle & everyone was playing off it!
Have always loved the energy Kenny brings on the field - you can give it heaps when you play 40 or so minutes & he makes the most of it! He's hungry and does run really good lines.

NAS has a lot to learn - he makes errors that if he can get out of his game he will be a freak. Welch is learning too & is so big - stop trying to push these young guys beyond their capabilities...we need them around for a long time if possible.

We've got 2 centres atm who think they're able to run it up any time like the big guys & wouldn't even think to pass it or tip it on to the winger when it's on...stifles all creative options (Marika must be going nuts!).
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

You can confound the issue with all manner of reasons, it still doesn't explain the lack of creativity and flair that Proctor, Harris and Chambers once displayed that has evaporated from all three, currently.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

And you can pick on any attributes of any player at any given time and blame them for a whole team's demise...hardly think that's the case here. But that's my opinion just like yours is yours. Don't mind the criticism and not defending out of any other reason but that there's a lack of creativity across the team, not just with a couple of players
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Kettles wrote:You can confound the issue with all manner of reasons, it still doesn't explain the lack of creativity and flair that Proctor, Harris and Chambers once displayed that has evaporated from all three, currently.
Two words NO BILLY he makes the opposition watch him as he runs around the back so when the pass is sort there is a gap no one is doing that now so its an easy read.