Rd 25 vs Cowboys

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

This game was never in doubt.. the defence were awesome. the guy crying out is brandy alexander he gets really upset when Storm do anything good
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good defensive display. Despite the conditions, the attack is still an issue. 5th tackle options close to the line were not good to say the least. I don't know why we never put up and high balls over to Duffie's wing. It's one of our big weapons and we didn't even look for it the entire game.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Great defence, although we couldn't last out 80 - again.
Munster was a monster. Coops is still just a touch off, and as Blazza asked; why oh why aren't we kicking for Duff?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Good defensive display. Despite the conditions, the attack is still an issue. 5th tackle options close to the line were not good to say the least. I don't know why we never put up and high balls over to Duffie's wing. It's one of our big weapons and we didn't even look for it the entire game.
Ditto with all of that. I was about to comment that I find it odd that we haven't devised a set play to get Duffie in the air.

So bitterly disappointing to concede that late try... again. Other than that, a very tidy defensive effort.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Dammit TC, beat me to a near identical post.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy wrote:This game was never in doubt.. the defence were awesome.

and that's the most frustrating thing. More often than not you can pencil in a win after a shit loss and usually the shit losses are against shit teams and the wins are against the good ones. Still an outside chance (albeit a small one) to finish 4th but as has been mentioned not really deserved given the losses to the Tigers and Knights. Win those or even one of them and we'd be in.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Always confident we would bounce back with the right attitude tonight. The defence in the first five or ten minutes when the refs gave the Cowboys a few penalties was awesome.

As has been said Munster was sensational 255 metres so was MK5 (2) 183 metres and Jesse 205 metres. Thought Kenny brought some good energy as did NAS and Welch from the bench.

Thought that was Green's best game for a while despite poor pass to Tohu, he was more heavily involved in attack like he was at the start of the year.

Hopefully we can go to Brisbane and beat the Broncos.

Also how did refs miss that obstruction against Cowboys near halfway. We were just lucky the Cowboys got over line because if they were stopped five metres out we were shot to pieces.
braddo7
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

No point putting up bombs in those conditions........very low percentage play at the best of times with the amount of blocking allowed in the game nowadays, never mind the poor conditions. Thought our play in the attacking 20 was decent, given the wet. Cant do a whole lot more, especially with Cooper struggling for form.
braddo7
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Scooter wrote:Always confident we would bounce back with the right attitude tonight. The defence in the first five or ten minutes when the refs gave the Cowboys a few penalties was awesome.

As has been said Munster was sensational 255 metres so was MK5 (2) 183 metres and Jesse 205 metres. Thought Kenny brought some good energy as did NAS and Welch from the bench.

Thought that was Green's best game for a while despite poor pass to Tohu, he was more heavily involved in attack like he was at the start of the year.

Hopefully we can go to Brisbane and beat the Broncos.

Also how did refs miss that obstruction against Cowboys near halfway. We were just lucky the Cowboys got over line because if they were stopped five metres out we were shot to pieces.
We looked a lot better when Green got more involved
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think people are being harsh on Green. I might get howled out for this, but for me, Harris and Chambers are the worries for me at the present, Proctor too. All three are showing a distinct lack of creativity, currently.

Didn't you just know that we wouldn't hold the Cowgirls out to nil. This always seems to happen. Disappointed we didn't shut them out.

After last week's debacle, a top four place is not even deserved, however, if Manly manage to turn over the Sharks, we are a chance if we manage to be the Ploncos. Brisbane don't like playing us and we're not without a chance.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I am sure Storm will beat the broncs..waiting to see what bennett sooks about this week . Always before he plays Storm he whingers about something.
braddo7
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Hannants tackle last night, cant recall if it was on Koro or Munster where he went launching into the legs - anyone else feel if it was one of our boys laying the shot, itd be a cannonball?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There were a couple of things that I thought would have been called differently if done by us:

The Hannant tackle
JT pushing Duffie out of bounds - wasn't the precedent set when they penalised Koro for the same thing that you can't do that?
Holding down Munster after his break - sin bin if done by us?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm sorry call me a traitor but how good was the cowboys try in the last few minutes just WOW

The game wasn't our best but any game after the knights game was 100% better I thought cam Munster had a brilliant game and I couldn't stop laughing everytime JT kicked the ball on the 5th and it was cam who would be the one tackling him

Cam on the other hand looked slow...not bad but at times (ok maybe for like 5/6 minutes) he just looked like he couldn't keep up ... I shouldn't complain cause the guy gets through a mountain of work
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kenny Bromwich really caught my eye last night too, arguably his best game.