Round 24: Storm vs Knights

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Monday 24 August, 7pm
AAMI Park

1. Cameron Munster
2. Marika Koroibete
3. William Chambers
4. Kurt Mann
5. Matt Duffie
6. Blake Green
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Tim Glasby
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Tohu Harris
13. Dale Finucane

14. Ryan Hinchcliffe
15. Kenny Bromwich
16. Felise Kaufusi
17. Christian Welch

Highly doubt Finucane plays. Would expect NAS to come straight in. McLean looking to return as well.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I like Welch and his toughness especially in defense.
Kenny Bromwich provides much needed aggro so I think we'll see NAS in for Finucane and Jordy in for Felise.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Buderus in the media jumping on the back of Gallen's whinging, talking about how slow the ruck speed will be Monday night due to our "wrestle".

F*ck I hate this infantile game sometimes.

You don't need a crystal balk to predict this one... The referees, much like the entire NRL administration is a reactionary, amatuer mess... Knights by 18 with us penalised multiple times early on for "slowing down the ruck". This will set a precedent early in the game where the Knights will be afforded quick play the balls all night. Don't expect the same courtesy to be given to us.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Two stories in the Sydney press today about "our" wrestle. I did not see the game and I have just watched the first half. I thought both teams were doing the same thing in the ruck. The media does not like doing positive stories on Storm. Even before we had played the Sharks there were stories in the Sydney Morning Herald about the Knight coming to Melbourne for the first time since the Alex indecent. If Munster played for a Sydney club he would be a new fullback star of the future. It is like the media has all got together to make sure everything written and say about Storm is bad.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The same thing happens every year at this stage of the season.

Outside of Tohu getting away with doing it all night (which I found hilarious) I didn't really think we were doing much different to what the Sharks were doing.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Very happy with how Glasby is going. Does a lot of good things without getting much recognition. Finucane will be a loss but I'm pretty confident we'll be well served with Hinchcliffe and K Bromwich. Looking forward to NAS coming back in also. No one rates the Knights at this time of year which is pretty dangerous for us if you recall what happened a couple of weeks ago against the Tigers.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I just hope Bellamy does bring NAS back...
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And they are offering counseling to players "traumatised" by the return to aami park. lima lima lima duck drugcastle. Lying merkins.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

That's crazy.... hopefully we put a big score on them - maybe they can offer the counseling after the game too.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Wow can the Sydney teams stoop any lower.. Counselling PLEASE what a sob story,
Sharks get thrashed again by Storm and the nrl`s 2 biggest grubs complain about the tackling... anything to take the media spotlight off how bad the sharks played
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Confirmed by Storm Dale Finucane out for 4 to 6 weeks. Replacement for Monday night to be named an hour before kickoff.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just going back a bit does Anyone know who 18th man was for the sharks ...
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:Confirmed by Storm Dale Finucane out for 4 to 6 weeks. Replacement for Monday night to be named an hour before kickoff.
:'( :'( :'(

but hopefully his replacement performs admirably....
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just wait until a Knights player falls over - there'll be a 60 Minutes report on how Cam personally laid the trip wire.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

They'd better select Nelson or i'm going to be mightily pi$$ed off.