Round 24: Storm vs Knights

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That was absolutely deplorable football. Every time we play a rubbish team, our line speed is non existent. There were times last night we didn't even move up 2-3 steps. We stood on the 10 and waited. Disgusting football.

The boys should have needed 4 showers to get the spit from Bellyache off them. If he didn't give them an almighty spray I'll be shocked and dirty on it.

Scooter - the third man in penalty against NAS I thought was totally valid. The rule is clear that third man in has to hit above knees, then slide down. He dove low - it's dangerous and that's how knee/ankle injuries happen.
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

What went wrong my take.

The leaders did not lead.

Smithy love him but that was the worst game I have seen him ever play ever decision he made was wrong short kicks we don't do that and not one but three or four, got court by the makers I lost count, defence stood back and let the others run up.

Cooper every time he comes out and reports we have learnt our lesson we get pumped and he has a shocker did not play for one repeat set with his kicks all over the top did not change his kicking all night, attack all down the one side and short and then pass the ball before he looked just going through the motions.

Forwards one out over and over with no power get to the line and slow.

Attack no depth when we needed it they rush up we need to be deeper not flat and leaving no options.

I don't know what Craig was say but surly they were not doing anything he was asking.

When the teams not going well leaders need to lead I didn't see that and they need to put their hand up for last night and fix their own game.

Not one player wanted to lift the team!
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Hopefully the boys lift next week. Not much else to say after that game.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

No comment... just don`t know what to say except it was a long unhappy drive back to sadelaide today
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Bellamy got outcoached by a rookie. They gave Koro no room and exploited our weakness under the high ball.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Duffie and Munster are two of our best under the high ball, hardly a weakness. Koroibete on the other hand...
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

blazza18 wrote:Duffie and Munster are two of our best under the high ball, hardly a weakness. Koroibete on the other hand...
I think what Tugga was meaning blazza18 was that it was Duffie and Munster that put the team under pressure with the drop balls from bombs against the Knights.
I think they would benefit from a stronger screening plan and perhaps some support of a player being behind the catcher aswell.
They just didn't seem to have that unity that they should at this stage of the competition, they are far too quiet as a team.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Think koro has been injured the last two weeks...usually he catches balls in the warm up but this week he was doing something with a hula hoop...I wasn't down near where I normally sit so couldn't work it out but something's going on there
Brian
Squall
Squall

Hula Hoop..that explains everything :):)