Round 24: Storm vs Knights

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

lolz
Not one player has has a good game tonight.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Now i know how warriors fans feel when they serve up that dross every week. Perenara was terrible but the lads were very poor.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

That was pus.
Pissweak.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Out enthused by a team with nothing to play for when we had everything to play for. Piss poor doesnt even begin to describe that display. Every single player on the field tonight needs to sit down and have a real hard look at themselves, we have underestimated these lower teams so much this year, FIVE TIMES we have lost to the at the time wooden spooners during the season, complacency is obviously a huge issue, we dont deserve finals footy. In fact i hope we miss them because we are just going to get embarassed. Season over, time for some big changes in the offseason.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Jesse had a rare poor game. Cam and Coops look cooked.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That team who played tonight don't deserve to be playing finals football. Pathetic showing.

Absolutely piss poor attitude once again against a poor team. I'd love to know what Bellamy does with them on weeks like this. He doesn't seem to be motivating them at all.

We were taught a lesson tonight.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I liked the News Ltd article yesterday quoting Cronk about how the loss to the Tigers set us on the right path for 2015, made the playing group take a long look at themselves and commit to not accepting any complacency.

LOL.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:I liked the News Ltd article yesterday quoting Cronk about how the loss to the Tigers set us on the right path for 2015, made the playing group take a long look at themselves and commit to not accepting any complacency.

LOL.
“I think that was a bit of a turning point and very much a lesson learned.” :lol:
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Lesson forgotten. ...

Only chance of getting past the first week of the finals is looking like if we manage to play against the dragons. ... and even that seems like a shaky proposition. That said, at least we can't play against whoever is running last
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

KingHoweofIsrael wrote:Lesson forgotten. ...

Only chance of getting past the first week of the finals is looking like if we manage to play against the dragons. ... and even that seems like a shaky proposition. That said, at least we can't play against whoever is running last
Our best chance is to finish eighth.....
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I have us finishing 8th and playing the Dogs, which could get very ugly.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

..................................................................................................................BLUHH

Maybe the storm back of house employees should stop intimidating members and concentrate on the football and get the players to play some actual football

The last few days have been disgusting and gross and it showed on the field............................................
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Was it me or did Smith seem sluggish?
I know we all are Storm Fans and this is the space where everyone will vent. So I enjoy to have a vent too.

But most of you all called it right with the Refereeing, that was absolutely poor refereeing and it started off with a penalty that wasn't a penalty against Kenny, for holding down. And then the inconsistency of the penalties throughout the night ... What was the deal with that? Refs had lost the plot of no return where they were just making bad calls one after another, to be on the fair-side, bad calls to both sides but they were definitely targeting the Storm more, how often had they held us down in the tackle longer then Kenny's tackle?

The other noticeable thing to me, besides some basic errors of drop balls and the likes also Knight's players that should of been binned, was that it seemed like we were either purposely not moving up fast enough on our defensive line for majority of the game. Sometimes we would and other times it was as if all the players were out of steam, so we were guilty of being out enthused. Hate to say it, but Smith was really sluggish, is there a theme here? I couldn't agree with his decisions of short line-dropouts when there was still enough time on the clock.

Now when it took several Knights to bring NAS down, why wasn't there a straight dummy-half run through the offside players? Instead we execute a perfect intercept.

To try and be positive, (anyone feel free to call me out on it) Kaufusi and Mann I thought played well, with NAS chiming in. Actually I would go as far as to say NAS has to start. But to everyone reading this ... As a Storm's fan and watching how this year and last years season has been played out, would you want it any other way? Would you really really want it any other way? It's unpredictable and definitely is adding spice to the competition, best of all, atleast we are still in contention of Finals Football compared to the Knights. It's a crazy roller-coaster ride and we are all on it together, through thick and thin, just enjoy the ride lol.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Poor game by Storm particularly first half with missed tackles and errors. Plus another scoreless second half.

Referees didn't help us took 24 seconds for the first penalty and what were those two BS penalties against NAS one before half time when Gagai made half a break and NAS got to tackle a split second after MK. The second was for being third man in.

Brandy and Smith just talk shit. I am not sure Knights did anything wrong there no they just pushed someone who was trying to play ball over. Ross knocked on after gathering grubber kick and Smith said Chambers took him high there. He grabbed his hand you clown.

Not sure how a side can play so well against Sharks and then play like that. Given what our side has done this year I'd expect a win v Cowboys.