Round 22 - Storm vs Titans

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NAS charged for dangerous contact - set to miss a week.

WhaT p***** me off is that NOT ONE SINGLE DOG ACT OF A SHOT OFF THE BALL BY ANY OF THOSE DIRTY TITANS PLAYERS GOT CHARGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW?????????

System clearly doesn't work!
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Mattpoet wrote:NAS charged for dangerous contact - set to miss a week.

WhaT p***** me off is that NOT ONE SINGLE DOG ACT OF A SHOT OFF THE BALL BY ANY OF THOSE DIRTY TITANS PLAYERS GOT CHARGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW?????????

I'm with you on this Mattpoet.
And without sounding like "Middo" but I was mentioning before about the recent games NAS played in they were on a roll of 2 on the trot and then West Tigers happens.
NAS plays the irritable Titans and blow them off the park.
Not saying they are jinxed, but you'll have to wonder, is NAS making a difference?

Well the Sharks are going to get rolled, and how is an incident gone unreported during the match, no official, no commentator or player had any issue with NAS, yet Titan players were playing our Storm players off the ball with head high shots and late hits all over the park without what sanction. Its baffling but it is what it is.

Anyone know how Glasby got cleared? That was one silver lining, but Mattpoet says it best, system clearly doesn't work.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Watched the replay of Glasby incident twice now and he lost his balance - awkward stance with left leg higher and bent & ended up with right knee going down to balance. No driving down with it, no undue pressure, unintentional.
NAS was great and is being nurtured, something that CB has done with them all. Reckon the minutes will build so he's getting more in the coming games. Calls to have him playing big minutes all the time at his age and inexperience though may be detrimental to him...being big and strong isn't the only requisite to development. Still holding my breath a bit with the play the ball but getting better there.
Thought Marika looked uncomfortable all game for some reason
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Someone please tell me we get Jordy is ahead of rehab schedule and will be back for the next game given we'll be missing NAS.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Mattpoet wrote:NAS charged for dangerous contact - set to miss a week.

HOW?????????

I think the difference was the Titans stayed down to milk the penalty. Cam S always gets up but the late Green hit wtf? Both were late and off the ball anyway.

I've stopped believing the system was applied ethically and appropriately throughout league many years ago.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Danger D wrote:Someone please tell me we get Jordy is ahead of rehab schedule and will be back for the next game given we'll be missing NAS.
The injury report last week had Jordan 1-2 weeks away. A possibility for this week although it probably is really hard to judge with Macca's hamstring/s.

And whilst I really like McLean, he doesn't offer the same thing as NAS. NAS is an x-factor and will be a big loss for us to overcome.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What about the hit on Munster? Never had the ball, just coathangered! NRL judiciary can go and get f*****!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I can't recall the NAS tackle that's got him charged. What did he do exactly ?
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NAS tried to rip the face off the Titans player if it's the incident that I remember when watching live - I was expecting the whistle to blow at the time but he got away with it. It was a stupid, dirty thing to do and he deserves a week on the sidelines for it - hopefully he gets that crap out of his game.
Last edited by Insomniac on Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Insomniac wrote:NAS tried to rip the face off the Titans player if it's the incident that I remember when watching live - I was expecting the whistle to blow at the time but he got away with it. I was a stupid, dirty thing to do and he deserves a week on the sidelines for it - hopefully he gets that crap out of his game.
Ah, now I remember. Yep. I was surprised that a penalty wasn't blown either.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We will miss him as we have whenever he's not been on the field this past month. The guys a brute and if we manage to hold on to him will become a legend. The commentators were gushing over his quite brilliant back to back leg tackles. No mean feat for a guy so tall and so young and so relatively inexperienced. We may have another Folau-type young talent on our books. Our task is to keep him from going back to RU In NZ.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A little tidbit from the weekend Cooper Cronk spent 5 minutes in the gym on the exercise bike about 45 mins before kickoff on Sunday.

I assume as Cronk is all about professionalism and preparation that he does that before every game.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It seems like everyone is now playing for the Falcons ... Kinda feel sorry for the Easts Tigers to be honest...I reckon the could've used him...unthought now I think about it Jordie did play nsw cup so that answers my question hmmmm

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/ne ... d/2738272/
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

II think they were all registered with one or the other preseason so there is probably no choice in it now.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sallymay Dayne Weston used to play NSW Cup and he is named for Easts Tigers this week.