Round 22 - Storm vs Titans

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

SUNDAY, AUGUST 9
Storm v Titans
AAMI Park, 2.00pm

1 Cameron Munster
2 Marika Koroibete
3 Will Chambers
4 Tohu Harris
5 Matt Duffie
6 Blake Green
7 Cooper Cronk
8 Jesse Bromwich
9 Cameron Smith (c)
10 Tim Glasby
11 Kevin Proctor
12 Kenny Bromwich
13 Dale Finucane

14 Ryan Hinchcliffe
15 Mahe Fonua
16 Felise Kaufusi
17 Christian Welch

Glasby starting with Kaufusi to the pine is a better plan.
NAS must come in for Welch... surely.
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

yourhero wrote: ... Glasby starting with Kaufusi to the pine is a better plan.
NAS must come in for Welch... surely.
I'm more concerned if they are leaving Tohu up against James Roberts or even Nene Macdonald for that matter.
Surely if the trend continues, there will be a few changes when the Late Mail comes out.

I like what Welch can do, he brings a stability to a side, he'll give you what's needed which is the basics. But in saying that, all the bench players have made their fair share of mistakes, Welch included, he has come up with some errors that bamboozled me.
NAS can easily offer second phase which is what will be needed. Kaufusi is a workhorse, but my worry with him and that I would also see in Mclean is that they lack any vision on ad-lib or second phase play, they will not shift the ball the way NAS or Welch would do in my opinion.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

James Roberts should have a field day against our left edge. If the Titans don't go to him 20+ times they're idiots.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surely Bellamy won't start with Tohu!
I say bring Mann in or swap Chambers over. Mahe will struggle to contain Roberts speed also but I wouldn't be too upset if Mahe starts there because Roberts would struggle to handle Fonuas power.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Love Tohu's work, but just not at centre. I don't think anyone can match Roberts for speed (see him burn past semi radrara on Monday?) but it would just be embarrassing for everyone to watch Tohu chasing after him. Whoever they put inside Koro this weekend I hope they are training nothing but defense together all week.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

maybe koro needs to match up on him defence to match the speed
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sooooo there will be a few changes in the team after a player or two didn't finish training but I can't say who because I had a staff member tell me that I wasn't allowed to say anything
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Well. .. there'd be worse times to miss a key player or two. ....I think I know who one of them is :/

Will be interesting to see who is chosen on our left edge. ... seems we've tried everything available, still looks fragile down there - don't want to beat a dead horse. .. but definitely need to recruit (or debut) a centre.....as has been mentioned, once Billy is back, I reckon Munster could fill the void if needed - good enough for Billy, good enough for the heir to the throne!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

they only untried options at this point are robinson (turnstile) and vunivalu (raw and inexperienced)
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Probably isn't the best idea to throw Vunivalu to the wolves. .... so who is the right choice for the rest of the year? I was an advocate of putting Tohu there. .. but I think it's asking a lot from him (considering he'll hopefully be a long term second rower/forward for us) but who is left? Maybe Mahe. ... but I think it's important that we start playing someone there regularly now, if we're a chance to shake up the finals.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Maybe a dragon
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sally so Suli possibly to Dragons?
Would be a shame since we haven't seen what he can do.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No Bula lol they were talking about who will come in a play on Sunday...I was giving a hint that it's a future dragon ::) ::)
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That's been tried as well... Not with much success.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I hope not, he's a space invader - lots of side to side, very little forward