Round 21 - Tigers vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Scooter wrote:I agree no idea why NAS didn't play. At the moment we don't have one decent centre. Harris is a forward and Chambers is playing poorly. Is Travis Robinson that bad or is he not worth a try?
Good call Scooter, Robinson has paid his due, he should be used, Harris had not read the attack well enough, he hasn't the pace to match Naiqama tonight, his tactic had to change he would of been better to have marked Naiqama from the outside to force him in, but giving him the room to have him run around just wasn't working.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Problem is we have no idea who's going to be with us next year. Wish the FO would do something about these players who sit off contract. Duffie/Hunt/Kennar/Robinson/Suli/Fonua, who's saying and who's going? Play who's staying and let those who're going plod away in RG.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I feel like Chambers hasn't been the same player since Slater's been gone. I'm still fine with is ball running but his decision making has been terrible.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

So, do we get the same old excuse this week?
"The effort was there but our execution let us down".

Bellamy's starting to sound like Muppet.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Kya
Squall
Squall

I think NAS was rested. I know he had some leg issue a few weeks ago so maybe was rested because of that?

Scooter - I would pick a player from our under 18 side before Travis Robinson.... ( think Juzzy ONeil type defence but worse)
We are in desperate need of a quality centre next year, someone with experience.

Will had a great few games early on and than played well in Origin 1 but has been poor most of year. His stats will show he has made great metres throughout the year but his refusal to pass the ball at crucial times is just ridiculous and has stifled our attack.

Kevie has played one good game for the year and if we didn't have so many injuries to our forwards, I think would have been dropped.

What pisses me off over the last 2 years is that there seems to be a lack of desire or commitment from too many to do the hard yards, to do the little things. It's like they are waiting for the big 3 to do it all their own. Happy to reap the rewards of others hard work but a few are found wanting when they have to roll their sleeves up.

Robinson and Fonua are gone next year and frankly Young will be a wasted spot on roster.
Suli will get a contract but like Munster last year, just needs more time tbut will have developed playing QCup all year. Duffie would only get a 2nd tier contract again if they resigned him.
Hunt / Kennar ??? Had hopes for Hunt but has been disappointing. Kennar probably deserves another shot - still fairly young.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

If he had a leg issue then why would he warm up with the team? That doesn't quite seem right.

Too many individuals continue to have insipid performances too regularly. Feel like a few individuals don't quite understand their position in the side either which wouldn't be helpful.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote:Problem is we have no idea who's going to be with us next year. Wish the FO would do something about these players who sit off contract. Duffie/Hunt/Kennar/Robinson/Suli/Fonua, who's saying and who's going? Play who's staying and let those who're going plod away in RG.
Fair call Inglis#3. I know Hunt struggled v Warriors so get why he is not playing. But even if we had have kept winning I have been worried that Harris would be found out by a classy centre like a Morris or a Jennings come finals time.

Agree signing of players is frustrating. We have had three or four players announce they are leaving. The only addition to first grade squad I can think of is Joe Stimson. Every other club seems to be announcing signings left right and centre. Nothing from us. Even with Weston going to Leigh that seemed to come out a couple of weeks ago but Storm announced it this week.
Kya
Squall
Squall

inglis 3 - just throwing it out there as a possible reason. I know something was said a few weeks ago about managing workloads of younger players so maybe that was why he was dropped? I can't see it being about form.

Scooter- Gossip sites might report it weeks in advance but the club prefers to wait untill the contracts are actually finalised and all signed off before announcing anything about signings or releases. Also we generally tend to finalise our under 20s upgrades at back end of year, I Imagine we will upgrade some players like Welch/Suli/NAS to top 25 next year instead of 2nd tier.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Harris copped a bath out in the centres tonight and in defence Marika was woeful, i think we need to pair Koroibete up with Chambers, and play Munster with Kennar on the other side, then give Hampton the #1 jersey, i still remember his game vs the Titans on debut at fullback when he got MOTM, his pace and playmaking creates tries. Get Asofa-Solomona back in the squad asap aswell, maybe give Nona a crack too Green has been ok but he lacks that Xfactor, Nona is far and away the best player in the QLD cup (again). Maybe something like

1. Hampton
2. Koroibete
3. Chambers
4. Munster
5. Kennar
6. Nona
7. Cronk
8. J.Bromwich
9. Smith
10. Asofa-Solomona
11. Proctor
12. Harris
13. Finucane

14. Hinchcliffe
15. K.Bromwich
16. Glasby
17. Kaufusi

We need to freshen things up or we will be lucky to make the 8, and if we do we will be straight out the back door with Bellamys 5 year old tactics.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kya Leigh Centurions announced the signing of Weston on 14 July we announced it on 27 July. I assume he had signed contract before Leigh announced it.

Yes re under 20 upgrades they are usually quite late. Not sure if there will be too many upgraded this year. Agree Welch/NAS/Suli (and possibly Nona) likely to be promoted from 2nd tier to 1st tier.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote:Problem is we have no idea who's going to be with us next year. Wish the FO would do something about these players who sit off contract. Duffie/Hunt/Kennar/Robinson/Suli/Fonua, who's saying and who's going? Play who's staying and let those who're going plod away in RG.

I can tell u

Duff sticking with the storm
Hunt gone
Kenner staying
Robinson going to Canberra or the sharks
Suli is staying
Mahe to eng
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Where is Hymel going Sallymay?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sooooo I was right...yet I tipped the storm...god I'm dumb

I only got to see the second half due to the VRL game that ended early and badly :-\ but looks like another bottom of the ladder loss...now we have to play the titans and knights who are bottom as well...gonna be fun

As for NAS my guess is he is second tier and can only play something like 6 games or Bellamy is being sneeky playing Kaufusi cause it stops his from going to PNG with the east tigers

Scooter...I'm not sure really on hunt the others I've heard or seen where they are going
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The defensive issues have been covered above so I won't harp on. I will say that I think Robinson/Hunt/Kennar is not a good option.

If I have to listen to Ray Hadley commentate one more Storm game, I may have a rage induced stroke. It was the most disgusting one-eyed commentary I have ever heard in any professional sport. At one point my wife said, "You might as well have let Robbie Farah's mum commentate". I wish cancer on this parasite.

RL fans make fun of soccer fans for diving, but our sport has become just as bad. THREE penalties to Woods where we just took a dive, nobody touching him (plus another Academy Award effort from Moses). Woods does it every single game and every single game he gets a few penalties. Are the referees that incompetent that they haven't picked this up as yet?

Lastly, Bellamy has to wear that result. We lose a bunch of games in a row, finally look to be finding some form and then he chops and changes the team unnecessarily. NAS has been one of our best forwards over the past two weeks.

Bottom placed team spank us by 18 points. We may limp in to the bottom half of the 8 but that won't matter. Not when we dish up rubbish like that.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Re-signing Duffie again? Seriously. He's not repaid us with much considering our investments in him.
Guess a lack of interest from a few of our targets has us scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Also, I was told NAS was promoted to the top 25 at the end of last year so why is second-tier cap being mentioned?