Round 21 - Tigers vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Teams do not win for weeks and weeks . Everyone else in the top 8 puts cricket scores on them. Along comes Storm and they play back well. Or do we just play bad. Somebody explain this to me please.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote:Teams do not win for weeks and weeks . Everyone else in the top 8 puts cricket scores on them. Along comes Storm and they play back well. Or do we just play bad. Somebody explain this to me please.
we play a shit brand of footy these days, its predictable and its been exposed.

Its all about off the cuff footy - thats what wins games
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

nacho wrote:What is our attacking method? When we have the tigs on their goal line we should just go one pass and let forwards hit it up and gain 0 meters. WTF is that, put it through the hands , ball moves faster than players can FFS.
Nacho, your spot on. I thought Cronk had a chance to move it, Chambers also could of tried to set Duffy.
Maybe they should of played NAS? Lol.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Can't wait to hear Bellamy explain this. That was dead set embarrassing. Insipid. Awful. Season killing. So over this shit.
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Yeah off-loads for second phase is one part of having a higher chance of winning games, it creates line breaks.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

This team is on the bottom on the ladder, they win. When the Eels were on the bottom of the ladder they beat us. When the Manly were on the bottom of the ladder the won. Can not beat the top side can not beat the bottom sides. If the Titans loose this week end they will be on the bottom and they play us next week.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We have got to be the most inconsistent team this year
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Well that's season over. Pretty poor all over the park.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I demand an explanation as to why NAS was dropped.

Also, would hope certain players get a stern talking to this week. Especially Chambers. He's been amateur for a few weeks now.
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Inglis#3 wrote:I demand an explanation as to why NAS was dropped.

Also, would hope certain players get a stern talking to this week. Especially Chambers. He's been amateur for a few weeks now.
Yeah I thought players feed off the hit-ups of NAS and the quick play the balls he was delivering. And yet he was dropped as you could see he must of been 18th man.

The let down for me I thought Harris and Chambers did nothing to set their outside man up all they kept doing was dummy and more dummies.

Too many inconsistent team selections may be their undoing.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's like we hoped the Tigers would give up after we went up 10-0. Wasted a few other chances and then gave them a sniff. Credit to them for embarrassing us. Tedesco is a fun player to watch.
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Also what I was thinking was if you watch the game again, the Storms staggered defensive line was getting picked apart by the West Tigers.
Tonight would of been served better with the whole defensive line staying intact as a straight line, too many players shot up too quick and left holes unfortunately.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I agree no idea why NAS didn't play. At the moment we don't have one decent centre. Harris is a forward and Chambers is playing poorly. Is Travis Robinson that bad or is he not worth a try?
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We have too many nuftie wingers and not enough decent centres
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

We need centres and wingers but it appears the front office would rather be 'BBQ'ing alone'.