Round 21 - Tigers vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeh NAS is top 25 maybe it's just cause his 18 then
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Harris will always struggle against a speedy centre, so will Fonua. Kurt Mann was probably our best option against Naiqama.
Oh well, we lost. We move on.
Brian
Squall
Squall

TC wrote:So, do we get the same old excuse this week?
"The effort was there but our execution let us down".

Bellamy's starting to sound like Muppet.

There Has to be an Investigation !!!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

21 of 33 Sets Completed (64%).
14 Errors.
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bottom teams have always been a problem for us I am never confident when we play a team we are going to be to good for and we are not lucky to be in the eight but unlucky to be higher. Disappointed but we move on.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

^^^ I take it this some sort of a joke about Duffie, right?
FFS, the bloke has come back from multiple serious operations. Starred in the lower grades, should have been picked ages ago and now has played his 2nd game in the 1sts. Give him a break. Fair dinkum.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Due to the delayed telecast of this game in QLD & knowing the result before it started I decided not to watch another pathetic performance - something that has become more and more frequent over the last few seasons.

Watching the "highlights" though revealed what we've all observed for the majority of the year - our defense is lazy. When there is intensity & consistent effort in defense we can shut down the best attacking teams, but in most games we can only sustain this for 3 or 4 tackles in a row for limited periods at best. The rest of the time we barely come up more than a metre or so and then we just sit back and wait for the attack to come to us. We're so easy to pick apart that even the bottom sides can do it to us!

We are soft, disinterested and have no heart for the tough stuff, and Bellamy clearly cannot fix this.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

So true about Woods....such soft penalties that shouldn't have been given.

Fact is - the cue was placed firmly in the rack at 10-0, the defense wasn't great, but that wasn't even the biggest problem. Errors killed us - was Will sleeping during the game? Shocking effort all round. ...Cam had a forgettable night too (after his first conversion I thought he was on for a huge game) Tedesco was great. ... If he wasn't there, we probably limp to a victory.

But if that's what we're going to dish up, I'd honestly prefer to miss the 8..... rather than have false hope. I've not completely given up on the season, but it's not far away.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

^^ You realise we've been paying Duffie while he's been on the sidelines plagued by injury, correct? I reiterate that the ROI with Duffie has been minimal.

Also, let's not forget he was dropped before all the injuries for continued poor performances and following his dropping (and Quinn's) we walked our way to a premiership.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

We are now sixth on the ladder. If we played with some pride and won last night we had a chance of making the top four. I do not usually get angry when we loose. But I am really piss off today. Just such a dumb way to play.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

so you advocate not paying for a guy when he's injured, right? that's what contracts are for, tool.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Duffman deserves every good thing that comes his way. To stick with his rehab and to come back from all the injuries he's sustained is ROI enough for me. I hope he stays around for a while and gets to play outside a solid centre who will actually pass to him every now and then.

That was one of the worst rounds of NRL:
- L for us
- W for Rabbitohs, Sharks and Dragons to make things hard for our place on the ladder
- W for Manly when for all money they should be limping back to their sheds with their silvertails between their legs
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well I just watched Craig's press conference from yesterday. He said that NAS "had a little hiccup" before the Tigers game and he was left out as a "punishment".