Greg Inglis arrested over assault

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!

Do you think Greg Inglis Will be Sacked?

Yes
38%
No
63%

Total votes: 32
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Joe_Storm_FB_2025 wrote:
BIG JIM wrote: Innocent until proven guilty ? He must be guilty they have suspended him straight away which in my eyes means guilty
Well this is my vote for dumbest post os far.

Well you being a dumb lima lima lima duck have not understood this it was sarcastic you tool
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Taliesin wrote: Been in an almost NRL free zone for 3 days,(Swan Hill) but LOTS of people had derogatory things about RL & the Storm thanks to the Inglis story.Suspended by Storm till after the case is heard - GOOD. Contract torn up if case proven - DEFINITELY.

Anyone who didn't see something about Inglis hitting the fan eventually has been turning a blind eye to the attitude he's displayed since becoming a Mundine circus associate.
YES I know he is supposed to be doing great things for his cousin ? & for the indigenous kids in general,but so did Mundine right.

Bottom line ? Innocent until proven guilty but.....................THERE IS NO JUSTIFICATION FOR HITTING A WOMAN !

As for this being a fatal blow for Storm's season - GIVE ME A BREAK !!
Mundine has done more good then 99% of athletes in this country.

If he's a mentor to GI good on him.
Joe_Storm_FB_2025
Squall
Squall

Taliesin wrote:
I believe that whatever happened with Greg and his partner is a PRIVATE matter. It should not be anyone's business!!
'fraid not. He is alleged to have done something illegal & his public profile puts him in the same scrutiny class as.
actors - musicians - politicians - nobility - other high profile sports persons.
Everything negative that they say & do has a huge flow on effect for their respective organisations & in sports cases a massive monetary risk via sponsorship loss,etc
Wrong. "actors - musicians and in some cases nobility" actually get enhanced profiles with this type of behavior.
[quote="billythekidslater"]
Yeah I am a troll. [/quote]
Joe_Storm_FB_2025
Squall
Squall

BIG JIM wrote:
Joe_Storm_FB_2025 wrote:
BIG JIM wrote: Innocent until proven guilty ? He must be guilty they have suspended him straight away which in my eyes means guilty
Well this is my vote for dumbest post os far.

Well you being a dumb *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*er have not understood this it was sarcastic you tool
touchy.

No place for scarcasm in this subject Troll Jim
[quote="billythekidslater"]
Yeah I am a troll. [/quote]
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Joe_Storm_FB_2025 wrote:
BIG JIM wrote:
Joe_Storm_FB_2025 wrote: Well this is my vote for dumbest post os far.

Well you being a dumb *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*er have not understood this it was sarcastic you tool
touchy.

No place for scarcasm in this subject Troll Jim
Who are you the POLICE ? Get a grip you dork
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think we should just wait and see what transpires in court tomorrow before making too many presumptions.

But I must say, if my boyfriend physically assaulted me for any reason, he would be out of my life forever.

However, must also add I have a close girlfriend who is very volitile and constantly lashes at her boyfriend.
She is very fortunate that he just brushes it off and laughs if off until she calms down.

Only Sally and Greg know what happened that night and hopefully the truth comes out tomorrow.
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Taliesin wrote: 'fraid not. He is alleged to have done something illegal & his public profile puts him in the same scrutiny class as.
actors - musicians - politicians - nobility - other high profile sports persons.
Everything negative that they say & do has a huge flow on effect for their respective organisations & in sports cases a massive monetary risk via sponsorship loss,etc
I completely agree with you.

"Famous" people, or role-models are subjected to a totally different level of scrutiny - it comes with the territory.
endo
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Not that I condone hitting Women in even the slightest degree.... but..

If I hit my G/f does my employer sack me? No..... And im not rated one of the best IT nerds in the world :P

GI will get his day in court, and face what ever penalty he gets from the Law, as he deserves (if guilty).. He probably deserves a good kick in the head if he is guilty too, it bloody stupid behavour by anyone.

But what sort of fool fires him so he ends up playing for any other team in the NRL who would jump at the opportunity to have him? And if the NRL rips up his contract and delists him? The AFL will sign him up in another "coup"...

I am a very big fan of what is private stays private. We have the law for dealing with private matters such as this... Is the guy a moron? Hell yes... Is he a low life (if found guilty) of course.. But he should be playing.
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Waldron said yesterday that the way they are going to handle this won't please everyone. I think that means they are going to hold onto him and try and work with him, that is going to piss alot of people off who say he should be shown the door right now. I just think its so hard for clubs to sack there best player when they know deep down that he would most likely be playing for another NRL club within 2 years, yep that doesn't look good when we should just be thinking about the serious incident he was involved in but you've got to be kidding if you think clubs won't think about this when deciding if they should sack there top player or not

Either way this has rooted us for this season, i don't think these is a very good record of teams getting fired up and winning premierships after this sort of crap goes on within the club.
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

sky news.com said case has been adjourned for two weeks so probably will not play before then.

http://www.skynews.com.au/sport/article.aspx?id=361549
just my opinions......critique them, don't criticise me!!!
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Interesting that his girlfriend (ex) is now interstate. That doesn't appear to be good news for Greg.
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

coupy73 wrote: sky news.com said case has been adjourned for two weeks so probably will not play before then.

http://www.skynews.com.au/sport/article.aspx?id=361549
A bit more here:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009 ... 653347.htm
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

And if you look elsewhere on that page you'll see why Waldron was correct to stand Inglis down immediately.
Call me a nitpicker but I think alleged assault during a domestic is a tad different to alleged rape of a young girl  #-o

Storm's action was a fair & correct call,which has most definitely headed off a drastic chicken little reaction from Gallop.

On having a two week adjournment ?
This will quite possibly be counter productive !
Not from the dragged out media prospective,(which is a given !!) but from the legal,(it pisses of the magistrate) point of view.
Today was probably the best chance to find a friendly  :? at the Sunshine courts.
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Taliesin wrote: Not from the dragged out media prospective,(which is a given !!) but from the legal,(it pisses of the magistrate) point of view.
Today was probably the best chance to find a friendly  :? at the Sunshine courts.
Hopefully the judge/magistrate he gets will be a Storm fan!

I agree with you though - Waldron has most certainly done the right thing - which is preserve the integrity of the club in spite of the alleged actions of one of their players.
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

STORM star Greg Inglis is set to be stood down from playing for a shorter period than the four-match ban Manly's Brett Stewart received earlier this year because of the swift action taken by the Melbourne board after he was charged with assaulting his girlfriend.

Inglis, who will today appear in Sunshine Magistrates Court on counts of recklessly causing injury and unlawful assault, has already been ruled out of Monday night's match against Newcastle, but how much longer he remains sidelined might depend on the evidence presented by police.

The Herald was told last night Inglis might plead guilty to the lesser charge of unlawful assault, while his girlfriend, Sally Robinson, is understood to have told friends that the 22-year-old Australian and Queensland representative did not punch her.

Channel Nine last night reported that the incident, which occurred in the early hours of Sunday morning, followed an argument between the pair after Inglis found a series of text messages on Robinson's phone.

While admitting that it was ''disappointing and frustrating'' to have both stars of this year's NRL advertising campaign embroiled in off-field scandals, league chief executive David Gallop said all players would be held accountable if they brought the game into disrepute.

However, he also said clubs had to take responsibility for meting out sufficient penalties to players who misbehaved, and indicated that the Sea Eagles' refusal to stand down Stewart, who was charged with se.xual assault after the club's boozy season launch in March, had resulted in his receiving a longer ban than usually expected.
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment