Finals Week 1 vs Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Yea a whole lot easier to say finishing 4th is better now that we've won. Awesome to call me out though.

Mate i said in this thread even before we won that finishing 4th with a chance of a home prelim and taking the shorter path was a much bigger advantage to finishing lower. Again no team has won outside the top 4 so IMO it makes absolutely no sense wanting to finish anywhere outside that. Anyway we won and we're a massive chance for another GF so that's all that matters now.
Last edited by Ice on Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Retracted Kettles. He stood up tonight. Happy for my fellow Kiwi.

Wait, you are talking to me, right? You suggested that I said he'd be outdone in the jumping stakes though? Never said that I don't think.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Marika has put on FB that he has a large cut near his Achilles and he will be back
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote:We're all friends as far as I'm concerned. Let's just continue to savour the success and then look forward to AAMI in two weeks
Spot on. Feck knows we don't always agree on here :lol: but the bottom line is we're all Storm fans and we all want the same thing and that's yet another premiership. Bring it on i say ;)
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mystormboys wrote:Marika has put on FB that he has a large cut near his Achilles and he will be back
Great news. I said to my mate tonight did he rupture his achilles or did he cut it because they never actually said it and obviously a rupture or a tear of it is a good 6 months out. Massive boost for us if he's ok.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Marika's facebook post:
What a tough win by the boys! Have a big cut just behind my archilles but will be ok. Vinaka for the support.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Yea a whole lot easier to say finishing 4th is better now that we've won. Awesome to call me out though.
Blazza18 please refer to a post of mine from before Manly game that I am about to quote in Round 26 v Broncos thread.

Said finishing 4th was only realistic chance of winning GF and that we were a sneaky chance of beating Roosters. So not just calling you out in hindsight.

Go Storm.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

So it appears limiting RTS' impact is just as easy as limiting Inglis' for Cronk and co.

Also was nice to see Smith deny 9 of any access to him again. He's well within his right for mine. Maybe they were going to give him MOTM then after Smith's denial they handed it to Cronk?
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was quietly confident but that was just something else. Chambers did a real number on Jennings and RTS was taken right out of the game. Glad MK5 is going to be okay! Just hope we don't run in to the Bullfilth again!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote:So it appears limiting RTS' impact is just as easy as limiting Inglis' for Cronk and co.

Also was nice to see Smith deny 9 of any access to him again. He's well within his right for mine. Maybe they were going to give him MOTM then after Smith's denial they handed it to Cronk?
well being in Melbourne we didn't get to see the post match stuff. lima lima lima duck Channel Nine.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

cheers Inglis3, all good.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

No worries mate. We're all together in pursuit of the same little item. :D
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As the signs we had in Cam's 300th read - 'Number 9, NOT Channel 9!'

And you could see the cameraman being told not to broadcast them lol.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Some other brief notes out of the game;
* Sign Munster for life.
* With the exception of a nice 40/20, Green was very poor again.
* Some very poor last play kicks saw the Roosters gifted 7 tackle sets. We need to get this right asap.
* Sign Munster for life.
* I didn't see the Koro injury, how did it happen?
* NAS running like a wrecking ball helps shift momentum. Love having him on the field.
* Once again, we got to Duffie in the air and we got results.
* Sign Munster for life.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Did that just happen

STUNED JUST TOTALLY STUNED

watching North West Wolves games this year I've been jumpy following the Falcons I've been Jumpy Watcching East Tigers play I've been Jumpy last week the tigers made me stressed but yesterday I spent the day lost and sick I couldn't concentrate I had a headache and I wanted to throw up...the first half I watched and thought right we will be playing next week that's ok then TIM GLASBY....I spent the next 10 minutes jumping around the lounge room yelling at the TV and I still cannot believe we won

Also one of the girls at the game said channel 9 went up to cam with the man of the match award and he turned his back on it so they gave it to cooper instead how funny