New 2015 Jersey

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think something like ISC's collar is a nice middle ground. It's not a traditional collar but it's not a t-shirt collar either.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

A navy version of that would make for a pretty decent modern take of the 1998 jersey. Make the V design white and purple and then add gold trim.

Not sure why we need a special jersey for trial matches, though. I can understand wanting to wear white - why not just wear the away jersey?
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Based on the jerseys presented to the players at the season launch, the BLK logo was moved to the shoulders to allow space for a sponsor below the collar (as I expected). The club hasn't yet announced who that sponsor is on the website and there haven't been any photos close enough to make out the logo - I'm only going by the photos posted by @storm. Also, there was another photo on Twitter that had a sponsor board in the background but it's too blurry to make out - and it's partially obscured anyway. The below collar sponsor is there and there are another two listed ahead of that one - possibly shorts or upper back sponsor? Can't make those out either. One of the logos is bright green - think ME Bank green. Ew.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I saw on some of the photos from that health promotion stuff that the Melbourne Airport logo was on some of the players collars. Not sure if that means they'll be on the playing strip though
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Melbourne Airport was on the sponsor board - probably one of the only new ones you could make out. The logo below the collar is a circle with something in it.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Below collar sponsor is Spot Jobs.

blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The jersey looks better the more I see it. Might even go down as our best.
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I have seen it in person, it looks like garbage bin liner.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Im with blazza, jersey looks mint!!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So much "meh".
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Who are our shorts sponsors?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Metsal Heat Rub Cream on back of shorts. Fuso Truck and Bus logo on front of shorts thanks to Whitehorse Truck and Bus.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And what do we know about the PSG deal? How long and how much coin?
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

LESStar58 wrote:And what do we know about the PSG deal? How long and how much coin?
We don't know anything about the PSC Insurance Brokers deal. Was never announced by the club.

The shorts sponsors seem like something a lower grade club would have. If the money's good that's fine but I don't think it's a good look - and not just because the logos themselves are ugly. Still don't know what happened with Lumo Energy. When they signed with the club it was supposed to be a lengthy partnership - they dropped and ran after a year.

The SpotJobs logo looks alright for a sponsor in that position.

I like the retail version of the jersey but after seeing it on the players I'm starting to cool on it. A combination of the new BLK template and it being skin tight makes it not work so well. Purple's not bright enough, either. I wonder how the away will look next week.

I noticed that the Thunderbolts were wearing a navy and purple version of the NRL side's away jersey. Looks good.