R9 - Melbourne vs Manly-Warringah

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

What the...how did he...i don't even.........Kurt is the Mann~!!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Sir Kurt Mann. He's a beauty.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Kurt looked fatigued which showed in a few late tackles but to come up with the winning try is testament to the young man - he's a FIGHTER. Has cemented a position.

Hampton will probably miss a week for his dangerous throw so we should get to see Cody Walker finally next week.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Awesome debut from Mann, even before his miraculous game winning try - he has to stay in the side. A good performance from Billy also. I thought Hampton was very ordinary for much of the game, but he showed some positive glimpses of what he's capable of, if only they weren't so few and far between.

Our defense looked far better for the majority, with only a few brain fades and tackle busts costing us (as well as the usual dodgy calls). It was certainly a step in the right direction though, and I'm just glad to get the 2 points from that one to be honest.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As I've said all season, you gotta take the good with the bad with our young players.

The result didn't matter to me tonight. It was a much improved effort and something for the team to build on.

Thought Slater had his best game of the season. Fantastic to see.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

One week?? He'll be gone for a month easily - is Roberts still out?

Hampton had a shocker....was very lucky to not be called up for a knock on late in the game too - which probably would have been game over. Young seemed quiet....i didn't notice any significant runs - every other week his hand is always up for a run, and he hits the line hard......Kurt was brilliant...even without the try his performance was...for lack of a better term, storm-like. I reckon Cooper was pretty shaken after that knock in the first half - can't see any other reason for Cam to play first receiver and putting up that average bomb....thankfully he's a tough s.o.b. and came up with the goods, like he does more often than not. And Billy showed the fork should not be shoved into him just yet.....rep weekend was probably a blessing.

Ultimately lucky to get the win...and i don't even care - my hate for manly is second only to my love of beating them :lol:
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Rose is brilliant when he runs hard and has enthusiasm. His energy levels though are too sporadic.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

NEVER IN DOUBT..... :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: Mann`s try was AWESOME...
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

toovey looks like dickie knee in the coaches box. :lol: :lol:
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

My thoughts:

1.Why was Garbutt dropped for Weston. WHY! Weston is not a line bender. Please bring Garbutt back, Ffs Bellamy.
2.Young ran sideways every hitup tonight. He had 20 carries and ran 90m. His worst attacking game. Sisa also did some awful crabbing.
3.Hinchy had an open field and chose to change direction and run at the only defender. Cost us a certain try.
4.Hampton will miss a game, Billy might too. Even Cam, although I don't know if he contacted Jamie's head.
5.Did Will Chambers play tonight?
6.I just can't get excited, we are a shadow of the team we were last year. Every win has been scrapping and lucky.
7.Shane Hayne still hates us.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fark Manly.

what else needs to be said?
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Sisa was a passenger tonight too......is the injury bothering him? Or was he just asleep out there....He made Taufua look like Lomu......Although he did manage to stop what might have been a try - so there's that....and pretty much only that :/

And yeah.....lima lima lima duck manly!
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't know why so many people think our wins have been lucky - if it wasn't for some dreadful refereeing at times we wouldn't even be in the position of having to fight for some of these close wins.

Cam should have nothing to worry about - his 2 or 3 strikes were clearly directed at the chest of Ballin, and I'm sure it was only during the struggle that Cam's forearm connected with Ballin's face. But he does wear a Storm jersey, so who knows...
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:
what else needs to be said?

They're a pack of Kamicheal Hunts. That'll just about do it.

As for the win i thought it was brilliant the way the boys didn't give in. We were 9 down with 11 or so minutes to go and got the 2 points. It wasn't lucky, it wasn't an arse, we stuck to the task for the full 80 minutes which we haven't done for a few times this season and we got the win. If anything i thought they were very lucky to get their first try. Ask Bellyache, he'll agree with me :lol:
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Anyone know why Craig wasn't at the press conference? Saving the club a fine maybe? :lol: