Rd 15 vs Titans

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

yourhero wrote:Warren Smith and Greg Alexander on commentary... Ergh...

This is going to be painful.
brandy custard has to be the worst commentator, he talks :pukeright: :pukeright: he just won`t give our players any credit for playing well ,he blew his load when the tantits got that try.jamal idris is an idiot,I am worried that he is going to really hurt one of our players. proud of our CHAMPION TEAM`s effort.
great effort Ben Hampton =D> =D> =D> =D>
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lol hamstring brandy when it's was quite obvious it was anything but
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Looks like a hip :(
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

gareths injury, whilst tragic, could be a blessing in disguise. i want to see more of hampton! hes the first debutant that i am excited to see more of based on his first game (besides izzy).
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yes, dislocated hip for Gaz. Great break by Will to set up Hampton's second try. How many players have done that on debut? C'mon Storm boys.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not impressed with Zillman lying down to milk the penalty.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Can we please not pass the ball to Norrie when we are attacking in the 20, he gains no meters and blunts our attack.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Felt like we should have won that one.

Hampton was great and should be Widdop's replacement. He just looks dangerous and I'd love to see what he can do with Cooper and Bill. Bellamy will go with the safe option no doubt though.
Monsoon
Monsoon

These refs gave us no chance, 0 2nd half penalties for us, unbelievable. Brett Finch can pack his bags now, way passed it, a competent half tonight and we win. I feel sorry for guys like Harris, Proctor and Hinchy who played the game of their lives and were let down by absolute rubbish by Finch. No direction, shovel passes and hospital balls, ridiculous for a 200+ game player. Benny H was very good for a debutant, he looks the goods, might need afew more games in NSW cup til he can bulk up though. Chambers was dangerous, Widdop was looking ok before that terrible injury, i hope he is ok. Cant fault the effort, but ill go out on a limb and say it, Finch cost us that game, which is dissapointing.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Scooter wrote:Not impressed with Zillman lying down to milk the penalty.
Ben Hampton gets smacked around the head in a tackle by 2 players and he gets nothing.Can`t believe that Junior Moors is put on report.WHAT A JOKE.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Felt like we should have won that one.

Hampton was great and should be Widdop's replacement. He just looks dangerous and I'd love to see what he can do with Cooper and Bill. Bellamy will go with the safe option no doubt though.
I still think Bellamy will be tempted to go the way of Mcgahans size, left boot and superior passing game.

And I wouldn't say its the safe option if he does.

Win win either way.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Michael :P wrote:

I still think Bellamy will be tempted to go the way of Mcgahans size, left boot and superior passing game.

Win win either way.
Sorry not sure if you meant this year or next.

If you mean this year Bellamy will definitely go the safe route.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Michael :P wrote:

Win win either way.
Is he ready though ? I think Finch is the safe option, Bellamy knows what he'll bring to the table and has the experience. But I hope Bellamy looks at the future too, Finch hasn't looked NRL standard in two games he's played.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Gallant effort from the boys tonight. Our middle defense without Cameron and Hoffy was a lot stronger than I expected. Benny Slater, oops I mean Hampton, is a star of the future. Wishing Gaz a speedy recovery, that looked nasty.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

The moment Widdop went down the refs saw blood and gave the Titans every opportunity they could to seal the win.
Gutsy grind with so many top players out. Personally I thought the criticism of Finch was a bit over the top 1999.
Hampton did very well on debut at fullback, handy two tries :-) Would've been nice to have seen him at 5/8, especially after Widdop went off.
Defensively Ben needs a lot of work. I'm sure we'll see Finch at 6 next week.
Shame about the final score tonight. I reckon we deserved the win tonight. We were up against enough adversity without the refs helping them out too. In the end though they had a little more polish than we had tenacity.