Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy poised to sign

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If he goes it wont be till 2014. The stupid people on the TODAY show would have nfi. Craig isn't Des. And if he left us now to a new club that would be even worse than what Des did since over half the team is already back at training. Anyway Bellamy wouldn't do that.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I couldn`t imagine Craig leaving before Cammy is ready to coach.Craig would honour his 2013 contract at least,
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Was more confident with Cooper re-signing than I am with Bellamy staying. I thought he wanted this sorted before xmas. Oh well I sure hope I'm wrong. I realise he has to go one day but not now
storm77
Squall
Squall

Am I the only one who is actually angry at him right now.
I get what he has done for the club and in time that is what his legacy will be but right now I think his behavior is terrible.
Granted I have had a feeling for sometime that he was gone but I really hate that he is personally discussing it publicly.
On top of that I have never wanted him to stay on as head coach if he signs somewhere else. Lame Duck coaching scenarios don't work. It isn't good for us and it makes absolutely no sense for the dragons.
Essentially in hiring Craig or even having it acknowledged publicly that you are negotiating with him you have basically fired your head coach before this season even starts and you are basically throwing away the season.
As for us I do not see the point in waiting till the end of the season to hand David the keys to the kingdom. Why not just do it now and begin moving forward.
What makes me particularly angry is that the majority of if not all of the players would also be finding out about this today through the media. I seriously doubt any of them ever though that he would actually leave and not only does it now appear to be the case but there is a very strong chance he might not be coaching them next season.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bellamy coaching the Dragons? The thought makes me feel physically ill. There is no other club I hate more than that red and white filth.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

2013 rd 1 storm vs dragons.. what colours will bellamy be wearing????
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/stor ... ach/?cs=12

This was just in the Illawarra mecury...why is it alway seems so much more dramatic when it's storm...have to wait and see have to hold our breaths ect but any other club they put it out and it done without a fuss

Make me feel sick
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I know it looks concerning but remember how it was starting to look when Coops resigned? Most of the Nsw experts had him already signed to a number of different clubs before he came out and said he was staying. We can only hope that Craig's thoughts lead him to the same happy conclusion.I mean really...who in their right mind would give up what we've got to go to St George. I really hope he stays...
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I don't believe for a second that Craig is going anywhere.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:I don't believe for a second that Craig is going anywhere.
Not before 2014 anyway.

Craig and the club are so quite on future dealings. I highly doubt any one with "sources" are legit. It's all speculation. And for them to come up with the whole he'll leave now clearly don't know who Craig is as a person.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Surely the 'journalist' is as confused as his source? Craig will see out his tenure at Storm in 2013.
It is far too late to start, or finish, with a club now.

This deal will be from 2014 onwards, should he choose to accept it.

Now it's time for Storm to match there offer
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Gotta love this comment ::) Sydney clubs & the fans never learn & never change :evil:
@pt coaches do not fall under the salary cap like player so we can pay him what we like with out worrying about breaching the cap
A man goes where his mind tells him - This choice is his alone to make. I'll comment when that choice is made.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Heres hoping I can link it properly

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 2c54c.html

Sorry guys - there will be someone a lot smarter than me
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As many have said, Bellamy won't be going anywhere at least for the 2013 season.

It was widely reported that he knocked the Warriors back because they wanted him to take charge for 2013. He has stated MANY times that he will be coaching Melbourne in 2013.

I don't see him going anywhere. He is a part of the furniture at the Storm. Ingrained in the club culture and revered by players, office staff and fans alike. Why risk a lifetime legacy for a little bit extra coin?

He is entitled to shop himself around and ensure he gets the money he deserves just like any contractor. However from what I understand Bellamy to be about - respect, loyalty, family, hard work, perfection - I cannot help but expect him to stay.

He fits the club like a glove and as Gauci said, Bellamy will have a job at the Storm for as long as he wants one.

I do not think Bellamy can coach against Cam and Billy... I do not think Bellamy can walk away from the club culture he has built... Bellamy has his empire - the most successful empire currently in Rugby League - where he is king... The salary cap scandal, I think, is even more motivation to stay at the club. Something so tragic must have bought a tight group together even closer.

Unless I am naive and completely wrong about who Bellamy is about as a person, I honestly think he will stay.
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I don't know if its bullsh*t or not but I was told today by someone who is close to the Dragons that Bellamy to St George in 2014 is a done deal and will be announced on the 21st of Jan.

So please don't shoot the messenger... its just what I was told. Personally, I hope its a load of cr@p.