Membership

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

singlemalt wrote:
gothestorm wrote:
CooperCronk wrote: 4,500 plus members as of this morning...not bad!
Not bad??!! You are joking aren't you??!!

Pathetic membership numbers. Everyone is jumping off this year after the 2008 GF debacle!
Well, we wont miss your membership this year, in fact, I'll pay you specifically not to be a member and not to attend any games........ f&^%wit

Storm had around 7500 members in 2008 (Sunday Telegraph figures) and with around 5000 already this year I think things are looking good. Also, with the offices shut over christmas, how many memberships are in the mail and waiting to me processed online??

Once again, just in case you didn't hear me the first time ... You are a class' A' Moron
Oh so now you are saying that because of Christmas the numbers are down. Have you always been an idiot or is it a recent phenomenon?
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

5,000 is ok for this time of the year...alot of the other nrl clubs are around the same marks if not slightly more. the club is trying to reach 10,000 tho...so we are still only half way there...hopefully that can pick up.

and i doubt anyone would be jumping ship just because of the gf loss...you become a member because you love the club through good and bad...you dont just split.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Super Cronk wrote: 5,000 is ok for this time of the year...alot of the other nrl clubs are around the same marks if not slightly more. the club is trying to reach 10,000 tho...so we are still only half way there...hopefully that can pick up.

and i doubt anyone would be jumping ship just because of the gf loss...you become a member because you love the club through good and bad...you dont just split.
5,000 is excellent for this time of the year, considering people have so many expenses over the xmas period and upcoming school expenses for kids.  Half of my friends are yet to rejoin and will do so around Feb.  We should get our aim of 10,000.

BTW quite a number of nrl clubs have  nowhere near our figure yet.
Also remember, Storm had no real incentives to join really early, apart an offer of a calendar.
Other clubs like the Bulldogs and Rabbitohs had fantastic packages to offer to supporters.  The Bulldogs had a great incentive this year they lowered their GA membership for all home games to $95 which is really so cheap.

The only real incentive from Storm came in the form of buy a membership this year and you get a priority seating in the new stadium....which means of course that there is a lot of time for people to join apart from reserved or premium seated members who want to retain the same seat, who has a specified period to renew which was Friday.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

[/quote]
Oh so now you are saying that because of Christmas the numbers are down. Have you always been an idiot or is it a recent phenomenon?
[/quote]

Hope at least you are a member?
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I purchased my GA membership over a week ago, and I have anxiously been checking the mailbox daily, waiting to see if it's arrived yet!

I guess I can be patient though.

And in regards to the comment about member numbers dropping off due to last years GF: I've been an active Storm fan since '06 (i.e. attending games, monitoring progress) however I have been a passive fan since '99 and I'm buying a membership for the first time (I figured I should show my support).

I guess I'm curbing the trend, eh?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

just wait a couple of weeks for ur membership packages
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Membership dept. returned a week earlier than normal staff, who returned this Monday.

They have to do all the tickets over again, because the computer came up with different membership nos. to what they should be...so just be patient...must be a big of a nightmare for them at the moment, with the website down as well. :D
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Ironically, I got my membership package in the mail yesterday (about an hour after I made that above post!)

It was minus the lanyard and wallet, which I was expecting anyway, so all good here :)
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Happy now...did you get a car sticker? :D
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Hahah yeah I did, I'm just going to have to find somewhere tasteful to put it!
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

has anybody ordered a new jersey? Have they received it yet?
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Temi wrote: Hahah yeah I did, I'm just going to have to find somewhere tasteful to put it!
Here's a suggestion : keep transferring it to all your tees and tops everytime you go out ;-)
CHITTYCHARGO
Squall
Squall

I have just recieved my Membership and looking forward to the season starting.What i would like to know is now i have the prior choice for a seat at the new Stadium next season is how do you get it so you can be sat next to your mates.We have around 10 of us who all go to the game and stand together so it would be good if we could be sat together when the new Stadium opens.Are the club going to look at offering the chance to sit next to your mates.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Chitty, I would think that the club would do the same as when we moved to Colonial & back again, all members wanting to sit together had to put their renewal forms in at the same time and all together in the one envelope or whatnot.

That's one way of making it work, but then again they may come up with something else.
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

OK...........Got the membership pack - Sticker - Pin - After party keyring - Card.
Interesting design for pin & keyring - Like it  :)
And the member number on the card ? Same one I've had for the last few years  ;-)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields