Rd 8 vs Manly - ANZAC Day

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Hopefully NAS plays next game. Bellamy would have liked him cleaning up that loose ball. The little unnoticed things. He did more than Weston usually does anyway.
It would be nice if we could close out a game for a change. That's the difference between a 'good' and 'great' team. This year we are 'good.'
Munster has been great, but we certainly miss billy in the attacking 20m. And also positioning on 40/20s.
Our forwards were mostly down on usual meters, even Jesse.
All three losses we have scored same amount of tries as opposition. Credit to Manly though. They aimed up, ran harder and tackled harder.
Marika is just so good to watch. Him and Jesse our two most consistent, and best players this year. Loved his bone crunching hit on whats his name.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea, I've noticed how big of a difference we are at the start of sets with Munster compared to Bill. Slater's positioning is probably the best ever and he gets to everything on the full. Munster's been caught out a few times and we've lost metres by him letting the ball bounce. Little things like that can make a huge difference. He does seem safer under the high ball, so that is one thing he's got over Slater.

Bellamy misused his bench last night. Felise and NAS should've gotten more than 10 mins each.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

blazza18 wrote: Sheens has not come out and said anything about him being a certainty btw.
Actually, he did. I heard the interview. He said that if Billy said he was fit he would be selected whether he had played or not.

And as it turns out he didn't and he was. :lol:
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The article I read which was from a fox interview stated differently. Doesn't really matter either way considering he didn't play last night.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

As a Storm fan I am pretty disappointed. Some of the penalties awarded were atrocious, both ways. Smith penalised right in front when the Manly player was getting up, Smith had long got his hands off, the other complete BS penalty, which went our way, was when Mann? was taken over the sideline. He was still moving with momentum, Manly hard done by.
Storm were terrible and we ALWAYS lose the collision, be that in attack or defence. The tip on plays early were great, not enough of it in my opinion.
What's happened to the voluntary tackle, is it still a rule? When a player is near the dead ball or side line and dives to the ground, let him get up (fully), shoulder in under the ribs anddrive them out.
NAS cleaning up that kick, watch it again, closely, he was loitering and clearly looking like he didn't know where to be. (Was in front of me and for once i was watching a player ((NAS)) and not the play)
Can't blame Weston this week....
Felise Kaufusi, i reckon the jury is still out on him and his effectiveness. Really noticeable when Finucane is off.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cherry_Poppins wrote:OK so this is why I'm laughing

You guys going off about the ref who was a hometown ref if I've ever seen one

Joke penalty against Matai,won't miss a game, abhorrent penalty against Stewart who also won't do time

Penalty counts are decieving

All but one Melbourne penalty came when you got bogged down getting out of trouble getting monstered by the odds on favorites for the spoon, who you've lost to twice this year

Most of the manly penalties came on 1st or second tackle deep in the Melbourne half,in the last 5 minutes there was an awful non call for a blatent penalty taking Hiku down after he stood to play the ball

Against the odds and a massive injury toll we had no place winning,especially with Checcin in charge

Good luck until the finals,I'm pretty confident we'll be meeting again
Agree with pretty much everything except Matai - it was high and I don't think Manly will make the 8. Refereeing was poor for both sides.