R20 - Brisbane vs Melbourne

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
cayal
Squall
Squall

Still worried about Fonua. Offensively he is fine, but he has too many brain farts.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

really hasn't done anything i would class as a brain fart in the past 2 or 3 weeks though, if he keeps going like this he could be anything
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:by their usual standards they really weren't, can't say the same for the refs, especially concerning blocking off the ball.
Really? Hadley and Sterlo wanted Mahe sent to the bin! The same happens to Slater four or five times a game and we are lucky to get a single penalty.

When it happens to Billy, you hear stuff like, "good off ball block on Slater to give the fullback a clean catch at the ball".
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i don't think they were at all unbiased, i'm just saying that i think they are normally worse than what they were last night, probably because we weren't playing a sydney club. if we had, then the would've wanted slater sent to the bin too in all likelyhood.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Didn't think they were biased either. Taking away Hadley being a rubbish commentator the other 3 were fine. Sterlo is by far the best expert commentator in the game, Wally is a huge Storm fan so I doubt he'd be bias against us, and Locky didn't come off as pro Brisbane to me either.

Mahe should've been binned for his professional foul too. I was stunned when he wasn't. He clear as day took out Maranta.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good to see the Knights/Sharks did us a favor in beating the Roosters/Panthers. Our for and against is easily the worse of the top 8 which essentially puts us a game behind so to speak so hopefully a couple of other results go our way. Still a decent chance of getting a top 4 spot if we can maintain/build on the last couple of weeks.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:i don't think they were at all unbiased, i'm just saying that i think they are normally worse than what they were last night, probably because we weren't playing a sydney club.
blazza18 wrote:Didn't think they were biased either.
Fair enough. I will openly admit my anti-Hadley bias likely affects my interpretation of what he says. Given the bile he has spewed against our club, I can't see my impression changing.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote:Good to see the Knights/Sharks did us a favor in beating the Roosters/Panthers.
Yep, good stuff. Now we need the Dragons, Manly (shudders) and Canberra to get up.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

yourhero wrote:
Mattpoet wrote:i don't think they were at all unbiased, i'm just saying that i think they are normally worse than what they were last night, probably because we weren't playing a sydney club.
blazza18 wrote:Didn't think they were biased either.
Fair enough. I will openly admit my anti-Hadley bias likely affects my interpretation of what he says. Given the bile he has spewed against our club, I can't see my impression changing.
If you want unbiased, and if you're able, go to the interweb, hook onto abc grandstand and listen to their coverage whilst watching on the box. Origin and ALL Storm matches are much more enjoyable. Please keep the informed comments coming as I personally can't view games at the moment.
cayal
Squall
Squall

When Hadley said Smith had become the highest scoring forward in the game, he announced it like he was telling his kid the dog was run over.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

imagine his reaction if slater goes a few more years and breaks the try scoring record then lol
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

cayal wrote:When Hadley said Smith had become the highest scoring forward in the game, he announced it like he was telling his kid the dog was run over.
:lol: That's exactly what it sounded like. A pretty huge record and he couldn't have sounded more monotone and soft spoken.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I thought that the whole game. Every time Brisbane did something Hadley's voice rose and changed pitch, he also out in words like great and wonderful. Every time Storm did something it was in the one tone and nothing was given extra praise. The only time he seemed excited was when Cronk scored.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Think it's fair to conclude that Hadlee, whether he is being biased or not, is a wanker.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I loved that earlier this year Hadley's ex started a relationship with NSW assistant coach Matt Parish, Hadley was furious and tried to use his influence over NSW RL to have Parish fired. Tosser.