ORIGIN I

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

cant wait for this game, i LOVE this time of year! its the best football you see all year

sally injuries can happen at training so don't get scared of the players getting hurt in SOO
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yeah, I.can't wait either....i think it's more to do with storm withdrawals than anything else

I miss seeing smith to cronk inside to slater into a gap that wasn't there a second ago - that is gold! And you can almost count on it happening tonight

(it's not even been that long lol)
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

As much as I love origin...I hate the scheduling impact on the NRL competition and seeing subpar games with poor crowds. I hate how some teams benefit from this whilst others get shafted. I just wish origin was played on 3 standalone weekends with no NRL games on at all.

That said...carn the maroons.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Diehard_Storm wrote:As much as I love origin...I hate the scheduling impact on the NRL competition and seeing subpar games with poor crowds. I hate how some teams benefit from this whilst others get shafted. I just wish origin was played on 3 standalone weekends with no NRL games on at all.

That said...carn the maroons.

My thoughts exactly.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It is something that should be looked at. But with the tv networks paying big dollars, the last thing anyone cares about is the players.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I know what the ARLC is doing: getting as much cash as possible early on from the tv rights - at the cost of some control of the coverage and schedule - to build up their war chest and then next rights negotiation - they'll be far better positioned to put the networks in their place.
Utha
Squall
Squall

Must admit part of me misses the days when the only live coverage of Origin in Melbourne was Roy and H. G.'s "call" on Triple J.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

What a dog gallen is.Coming in late with a swinging arm on a tackled player then a couple of punches thrown and all he gets is put on report.My opinion is he should have been sent off for the remainder of the game.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

How did these two refs get an origin game?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Blues deserved it. Qld with a lot of work to do for game two.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bill had a quite night and still ran for over 200m. Most in the game.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

stormy wrote:What a dog gallen is.Coming in late with a swinging arm on a tackled player then a couple of punches thrown and all he gets is put on report.My opinion is he should have been sent off for the remainder of the game.
He will be banned for Sundays game swinging arm and throwing a punch 2 charges
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Gallen is and always has been a dog. Ripping at people's stitches, racial abuse, punching blokes with their arms by their side... Scum.

Billy was the only QLD back that was dangerous. The QLD forwards were poo in the first half and completely out-enthused. As most people highlighted, they lacked props.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:Billy was the only QLD back that was dangerous. The QLD forwards were poo in the first half and completely out-enthused. As most people highlighted, they lacked props.
Billy looked threatening tonight, he was asking questions of the NSW defensive line all night.

However if you visit Facebook people will tell you otherwise! The drop Billy to the wing in favour of GI
comments have already begun.

Lol apart from the try assist Greg provided he was shutdown by Morris.

Billy just showed why he deserves to hold on to the fullback spot.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Galleons been given a week

Two if he fight the charge and loses