5/8 options for 2014

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Luke Kelly missed out on Storm five eighth at start of 2011 because of injury. Gaz performed reasonably well there and Luke never got the chance to have a sustained go at the spot.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Luke never looked great in the couple of games he played for us, and he's too small to be a genuine 5/8 I reckon.
Hampton looks a lot better from footage I've seen, even though he is still untested at first grade level.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i want hampton to get it too, i wouldn't base my argument on size though, he's not really any bigger than kelly i wouldn't think
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Mattpoet wrote:i want hampton to get it too, i wouldn't base my argument on size though, he's not really any bigger than kelly i wouldn't think
You're probably right. Of the limited footage I've seen Hampton appears to be a more robust and solid built bloke who will get stronger with more age, food and weights.
Whereas Kelly is a very slight frame like Widdop, who'll always struggle to increase any real muscle mass.
Just my opinion