Storm vs Manly Rd 15

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote:Don't know why I'm bothering. But what is a fullbacks job in the last line of defence ? To stop the opposing player from scoring a try.
So back in 2008 Slater brought into the game that sliding leg thing to dislodge the ball. Until then it wasn't illegal. He did what he thought was the best way to stop a try. There is no way in hell Billy decided oh ill just kick this dude in the head cause you know it wont be noticed by anyone.
Its typical anti Storm crap that gets spun when you need to feel good about yourself.

Lol at you thinking players trying to pull off those Manly players was worse than 5 on 1. That whole thing would of never been blown up if it wasn't for that dog attack on Blair.

Always a special week this one. Should be on a Friday night.
Biting on tripe.....why do i do this?

What dog attack on Blair? You mean when Smith was holding Lussicks arms so Darcy headbutted Blairs fist with his mouth a few times?
Yeah that was a dog attack lol,Also if you call Snakes lolspinningfist (He had his man card suspended for that "punch" for 5 weeks)
a dog attack then you havent seen Danny Williams punch that bloke in the back of the skull,Storm vs Tigers im sure its on youtube

I applaud Lussick for belting Blair a few times while he was on the ground,it was just pure revenge,to bad Lussick has been dogshit awful
since that fight
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So its ok for a 1 on 1 to turn into 5 on 1. Righto champ. Keep thinking your team isn't dirty.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

You just do not get it. It was a dog act by Blair and he was to blame. But the third man running in is WRONG and must be stopped, ie Jennings in Origin I. Brett Stewart's coathanger a Blair should have had in on the side lines. You can not run in, it does not who it is.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Glennb if third man in was really cracked down on Thaiday would need to find a new job

Every team is dirty, some teams instigate and the other attempt to wavy revenge, some teams do both and some teams are only dirty against the nemesis team

Everyone is filthy but you're under the spotlight for some reason or another,I couldn't honestly tell you why,I believe the merge are the least dirty out of the comp though

Tigers are the really dirty ones, diving, wrestling, twisting,rolling pinning etc but don't let the truth get in the way of an anti-manly tirade

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Manly won't be fuelled by brawl

So.............. I guess a loss at Brookvale to an understrength,(?) Storm won't be a bitter pill to swallow - right :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Your right Cherry there has been some dirty players in all teams but I guess manly's favorite HOPA won't be pointing any fingers at any one or would he.

Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Lol nice work Storm man, his son was nicknamed Pinky (Will) and i'm sure Jamil will be index

@BR mate you talk about understrength, we are still missing T-Darius and Shoulders Matai

We haven't been at full strength since the preseason so while a loss would blow a win would mean very little

The sum of Slater and that other bloke so do not nearly make up for the losses of T-Darius and Matai but either way both teams have a ready made excuse

glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Slater and the other bloke, who's name is Chambers, have scored 21 of our tries this year. That is a lot of scoring power, so they are just a big of lose as your two, Anyway, Matai only every plays about 3/4 of a match because he goes down with shoulder pain for about 20 minutes every game. A winger playing the whole game is a btter bet.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think you are having a laugh Chez if you think matai and that other dude come close to BILLY & WILL as being valuable players.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Rose Madder wrote:
Cherry_Poppins wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Lets just win this game. Sick of Manly and their fans.
Yeah so is your mate Slater who swears at opposition kid fans,you think he'd get
a severe reprimand from the officialdom but nothing at all was done,on a side note
id rather a tight loss to the best 17 this week than beat the baby storm by a margin

Its not like anybody will catch up for the JJ anyways lol

To the more decent storm fans than this chap,good luck :)
Can you just be more specific in what you are actually talking about here,sounds as though you may think that Billy has been swearing at kids..THIS I find hard to believe,if you have ever seen Billy Slater with kids then you will know what I mean.
So I have to ask you NO I have to insist that you reveal the source of this allegation!!!
OK I am going to keep on with this because your weak explanation does not justify the statement you made here,I and I suppose every Melbourne Storm fan on this board have taken offence at your remark here so ,instead of just passing it off as "oh I just heard it" ..NOT GOOD ENOUGH..what about "OH I JUST MADE IT UP" sounds more feasible to me..and as such I now am calling on ALL moderators of this site to ban this creep form this site.
I am all for friendly banter between opposition fans,no harm in that,but when they openly accuse players of a serious offense which I belive this is,without the ability to reveal a reliable source,and lets face it " I heard" is not a reliable source,then this guy has to go.I firmly believe he is the one previously called "The Eagle" he denies it,but how can he be believed anyway..GET RID OF HIM please.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Australian is reporting our line up as:

1.Duffie
2.O'Niell
3.Nielsen
4.Blair
5.Quinn
6.Widdop
7.Cronk
8.Bromwich
9.Smith
10.Ryles
11.Hinchcliffe
12.Hoffman
13.Lowrie
14.Kostjasyn
15.Norrie
16.Vave
17.Lowe
18.Manu
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

He (Matai) goes down for about 30 seconds with a burner each game due to an exposed nerve

Chambers remotely close to Tony Williams? Maybe if they stay in the same room but in talent.....not so much even though I hope they switch around in that department, how did I also forget David Williams? Missing him to for God knows how long

@Rose I merely shared the reason manly fans despise him which could be a rumour wrapped in a lie for all I know,to most of us its a known truth, to me its merely a rumour with no evidence to back it up nor to the contrary

blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Again why do you post here ?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

went to todays training today...they didnt training anything like the team named in the australian i think mr bellamy might throw a curve ball at us all...im not gonna say it but both gould and stathi were there for the whole training so keep an eye out for their reports

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Glad today's training was today Sally :P

I want Widdop at 1 and ? at 6.