Greg Inglis to Brisbane

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

KEEP AT ALL COSTS (LEGALLY)

1. BILLY SLATER
2. MATT DUFFIE
3. CHASE STANLEY
4. GREG INGLIS
5. JUSTIN O'NEILL
6. DANE CHISHOLM
7. COOPER CRONK
8. SIONE KITE
9. CAMERON SMITH
10. BRYAN NORRIE
11. ADAM BLAIR
12. SIKA MANU
13. KEVIN PROCTOR

14. JESSIE BROMWICH
15. PULOU VAITUTUU
16. LOUIS FANENE
17.  RYAN HINCHCLIFFE

Monsoon
Monsoon

It's Fun, add any current fringe/minimum wage off contract player to the blanks and were still competitive with that core of storm players.

1. BILLY SLATER
2. MATT DUFFIE
3. SHANE NUEMANN
4. GREG INGLIS
5. JORDAN ATKINS  
6. GARETH WIDDOP
7. COOPER CRONK
8. JESSE ROYAL
9. CAMERON SMITH
10. MICHAEL GREENFIELD
11. ADAM BLAIR
12. SIKA MANU
13. JUSTIN HORO

14. BLAKE GREEN
15. RICKY THORBY
16. GAVIN COOPR
17. GRANT MILLINGTON

We would still carve up lol
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

To anyone who feels strongly enough....please feel free to use this email that I just penned and sent to info@melbournestorm.com.au and fponissi@melbournestorm.com.au

This is my view of the world...others may disagree but I don't want this to be an "easy" or "cop out" option for the club.

We will all be sad no matter who leaves....but GI will be one that tears the heart out of a majority of members/supporters because of what he has left in him to acheive.

"Dear Sir/ Madam

I almost choked on my breakfast this morning reading this article in the newspaper.

If Melbourne Storm beleive that simply allowing Greg Inglis (one of the best players of our generation) to leave the Club on a whim because his fiancee has secured as job in Brisbane is actually sound, professional or smart business practice....WELL they are sadly and woefully mistaken.

This course of action would be tantamount to business negligence and incompetence of the highest order.

We...as Members....have seen enough BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE in 2006 - 2010 to last us a lifetime.

We DO NOT need any more incompetence within our Club and letting Greg Inglis walk out on his contract should NOT be an option that anyone in the Club is contemplating to allow happen.

While I respect that Greg may have a strong desire to support his fiancee....he has an overwhelming and pre-exisiting responsibility to support Melbourne Storm.

As Greg himself has said on numerous occassions...he wants to desperately "repay" the Club for what they have done for him and has family over the last 6 years.

His staying to help rebuild the Storm would be the GREATEST repayment possible for the Club and Members who have loyally and passionately stuck with the Club during the darkest times of 2010.

Yours faithfully"
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

There should be a list up in storm headquarters with these names written on it saying:

KEEP AT ALL COSTS (LEGALLY)

1. BILLY SLATER
2. MATT DUFFIE
3. CHASE STANLEY
4. GREG INGLIS
5. JUSTIN ONIELL
6. GARETH WIDDOP (he was very good at 5/8 for NSW on Wednesday)
7. COOPER CRONK
8. BRIAN NORRIE
9. CAMERON SMITH
10. JESSE BROMWICH
11. ADAM BLAIR
12. SIKA MANU
13. PROCTOR(finally showed me a glimpse against bulldogs)

14. MAIPELE MORSEAU(i think he would be ready to go next year.  Billy was only 18 same GI)
15. SIONE KITE

FILL IN THE BLANKS!!!!
Last edited by The Mauritian on Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Storm Spirit wrote: To anyone who feels strongly enough....please feel free to use this email that I just penned and sent to info@melbournestorm.com.au and fponissi@melbournestorm.com.au

This is my view of the world...others may disagree but I don't want this to be an "easy" or "cop out" option for the club.

We will all be sad no matter who leaves....but GI will be one that tears the heart out of a majority of members/supporters because of what he has left in him to acheive.

"Dear Sir/ Madam

I almost choked on my breakfast this morning reading this article in the newspaper.

If Melbourne Storm beleive that simply allowing Greg Inglis (one of the best players of our generation) to leave the Club on a whim because his fiancee has secured as job in Brisbane is actually sound, professional or smart business practice....WELL they are sadly and woefully mistaken.

This course of action would be tantamount to business negligence and incompetence of the highest order.

We...as Members....have seen enough BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE in 2006 - 2010 to last us a lifetime.

We DO NOT need any more incompetence within our Club and letting Greg Inglis walk out on his contract should NOT be an option that anyone in the Club is contemplating to allow happen.

While I respect that Greg may have a strong desire to support his fiancee....he has an overwhelming and pre-exisiting responsibility to support Melbourne Storm.

As Greg himself has said on numerous occassions...he wants to desperately "repay" the Club for what they have done for him and has family over the last 6 years.

His staying to help rebuild the Storm would be the GREATEST repayment possible for the Club and Members who have loyally and passionately stuck with the Club during the darkest times of 2010.

Yours faithfully"

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

GREAT POST
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

Inglis leaving means the Storm will never win another Premiership.

Just have a think about what he did to win us the Premierships in 2007 & 2009.
Monsoon
Monsoon

billythekidslater wrote: Inglis leaving means the Storm will never win another Premiership.

F*** OFF TROLL!
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

billythekidslater wrote: Inglis leaving means the Storm will never win another Premiership.

Ingis does not play for your team TROLL,so just crawl back under your bridge Dick Weed
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

1999 wrote:

F*** OFF TROLL!
That's not very nice.
Monsoon
Monsoon

i would brake if i saw you crossing the road GTS
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I try not to speculate because in the end it wont be anything that I want that is taken into account when the final team is announced, but I want to say that those who think the club is crazy to release any player isn't taking into account the the club has contracts with ALL the players (who are not off contract) and the player can refuse to release the Storm from their contract, the power isn't all with the Storm.  If Greg wants to take another offer, I imagine Storm will take it because, like it or not, he is an overpaid player.  We can't afford to keep them all - that's what got us into this problem.

As the article from Hoffman posted here shows that the players want to stay and the club can't just force them out.

In regard to paying players who sign with another NRL club, early on the NRL said that severance pay can come out of this year's salary cap rather than next year, which is what has happened previously (like Dallas Johnston).  If Inglis DOES want to go to Broncos, then he will have to take what they offer.
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormsally wrote: I try not to speculate because in the end it wont be anything that I want that is taken into account when the final team is announced, but I want to say that those who think the club is crazy to release any player isn't taking into account the the club has contracts with ALL the players (who are not off contract) and the player can refuse to release the Storm from their contract, the power isn't all with the Storm.  If Greg wants to take another offer, I imagine Storm will take it because, like it or not, he is an overpaid player.  We can't afford to keep them all - that's what got us into this problem.

As the article from Hoffman posted here shows that the players want to stay and the club can't just force them out.

In regard to paying players who sign with another NRL club, early on the NRL said that severance pay can come out of this year's salary cap rather than next year, which is what has happened previously (like Dallas Johnston).  If Inglis DOES want to go to Broncos, then he will have to take what they offer.

Yeah for sure Stormsally....I do understand that.

However when players are told that their services are no longer required, even when contracted, it is hard for them to stay at the club.

Either way...Storm have to be under the cap in 2011 to play for points ...FACT.

Losing GI would be a disaster IMHO....he has only just started to tap his potential. The best ...by a long shot...is still to come.

My point is that just letting GI walk BEFORE EVERY OPTION IS EXAMINED would be poor business practice.

If for example we are only 1 mill over the cap...and with 2011 concessions etc this possibly translates to only 700k, then there would be no need to lose GI.

Letting him go for “personal” reasons would be a cop out….and would send the wrong message to every player on the list.

Sure….I know some contracted players are going to be told to look elsewhere and that doesn’t seem like ethical business practice either…but the reality is that the whole club is in a mess this year and next and some contracted players are going to have to leave.

It just shouldn’t be GI as a first option…..he should be the last ditch option
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote: To anyone who feels strongly enough....please feel free to use this email that I just penned and sent to info@melbournestorm.com.au and fponissi@melbournestorm.com.au

"Dear Sir/ Madam

Yours faithfully"

This basically points to why I think its a massive mistake if the Storm let Inglis go (and make no mistake it would only be the "leaks" that have changed his mind). 1 or 2 players in the history of the game have been at Gregs level at the same age, the Storm are fools to willingly throw that away.

BTW Widdop has the potential to be a fine fullback, not as good as MM despite his size, but from what Ive seen he'll be average at 6. Granted an offseason with Bellamy could change that but he has flaws in his passing and vision that are not easy to overcome. Next time you go to a NSW cup game watch him from the ends and see the space he fails to exploit at 6.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

.....and tbh honest Im fairly disillusioned with the game for the first time in my life. Sure we can whinge about NEWS but when are the clubs going to stand up for themselves.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

This basically points to why I think its a massive mistake if the Storm let Inglis go (and make no mistake it would only be the "leaks" that have changed his mind). 1 or 2 players in the history of the game have been at Gregs level at the same age, the Storm are fools to willingly throw that away.

BTW Widdop has the potential to be a fine fullback, not as good as MM despite his size, but from what Ive seen he'll be average at 6. Granted an offseason with Bellamy could change that but he has flaws in his passing and vision that are not easy to overcome. Next time you go to a NSW cup game watch him from the ends and see the space he fails to exploit at 6.
Thankyou! At least someone else here has a footballing brain!