NYC 2010

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ta for the above and its a good idea from BR that this thread should be a sticky

All things considered, it sounds like it was a good effort by the guys to come back in the 2nd half against the  top placed Cowboys with only goal kicking being the difference in the end.

I think the guys need a bit more crowd support to show we are interested in them, so try and get there early on Sunday.
noa nandruku
Squall
Squall

1. Brayden Wiliame
2. Eddie Faamausili
3. Kirisome Auva'a
4. Slade Griffin
5. Robbie Kurth
6. Ben Hampton
7. Jordan Meads
8. Rulon Nutira
9. Jake Hawkins
10. Mitchell Johnson
11. Sam Martin
12. Tohu Harris
13. Blake Leary (c)

14. Ryan Marlin
15. Kenny Bromwich
16. Jerome Wilson
17. Jordan McLean
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

took me a while but i figured it out however i have to realise that with great power comes great responsibility
noa nandruku
Squall
Squall

Why is Pay persisting with Wiliame at FB, he is near last in all the stats that matter for FB's. He should be on the wing, 1.88m tall and close to the quickest at the club.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Where is Josh Jerome?
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Noa Nadruku wrote: took me a while but i figured it out however i have to realise that with great power comes great responsibility
=D>
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
noa nandruku
Squall
Squall

Another loss but I cant blame the young fellas, they try but there going into a gun-fight with knives. Its clear to me that Meads is a solid young half but doesnt really have the creativity to carry the team which isnt helped by the continuing selection of Wiliame at FB despite the fact he has no punch in attack or ball-playing ability, I like Wil but he should be on the wing.

The sooner Pay pulls his head out of arse and selects Maipele Morseau the better, the creativity and thrust he would give the team, which is sadly lacking in it, would be enormous. As it is right now poor Benny Hampton is trying to guide the team all himself. He also needs to get Slade Griffen out of the backline and inot the forwards as well, poor kids getting caught out wide with his lack of real speed and would be much better used in the back-row, I actually tihnk hé's a better player then Leary, who can be a tad selfish at times, he can play though.
Last edited by noa nandruku on Sun May 09, 2010 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The gameplan hasn't changed since round 1 either - the opposition KNOWS!!!
noa nandruku
Squall
Squall

Went to the game and Tohu was again one of the best yesterday, he is so strong and hard to bring down, 35 tackles as well. Good too see Jordan McLean got the start as well, 9 runs for 113m.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

They're both big boys..
Tohu said his job in the game is to run the lines & get quick ball.  Can do heaps more given the opportunity but doing his apprenticeship in the collision aspects of the game!  Pleased with his progress.  Disappointed for the team overall...there's talent in there, plus Maipele & a couple of others.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I missed the game Sunday because it was a big catch up with friends who  I haven't seen for a while.

So thanks for giving me a bit of insight into the game.
Last edited by CooperCronk on Mon May 10, 2010 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noa nandruku
Squall
Squall

:D :D :D :D :D
1. Maipele Morseu
2. Eddie Faamausili
3. Brayden Wiliame
4. Slade Griffin
5. Robbie Kurth
6. Ben Hampton
7. Jordan Meads
8. Mitchell Johson
9. Jake Hawkins
10. Jorden Mclean
11. Sam Martin
12. Tohu Harris
13. Kenny Bromwich

14. Lucan Grech
15.Kirisome Avuaa
16. Mahe Fonua  - Great young prospect
17 Jerome Wilson

Awesome to see our next great fullback get a start, bit harsh on Avuaa to get dropped, he hasnt really seen any quality ball to show what he can do.

BTW anyone know whats happened with Pita Maile, with whats been happening out wide I would have thought he'd get his chance soon.

Thanks Chip, edited the team, they must have put the team up then made some changes. Great to see Mahe Fonua in as well, for those that havent seen him pretty much the all-round package, can play back-row and center and has great skill, may be the first home-grown player to go all the way. Interesting to see Jerome in at 7 , really showing his versatiltiy, will defniately makes the halves more dangerous running the ball, but expect to see Hampton and Pele do most of the ball-playing. Team will get lot stonger now some of these talented Sg Ball kids are moving up.

I wouldnt be suprised to see Griffen move to 13 and Avuaa start out wide.

BTW Chip do you know what happened to Uiti Baker and Mike Chee-Cam, Fizer suggested they may have gone back to NZ.
Last edited by noa nandruku on Tue May 11, 2010 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

On the website its got Maipele at fullback, Bromwich instead of Leary, Josh jerome back & in the halves, Griffin at centre I think...couldn't copy & paste because the computer is on a go slow. 
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

hey Noa i was talking to a few of the nyc boys and they said uti and mike went back home to nz and qld to play league and union
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yes they did & breaking news! Meads has been given clearance to go too, wants to concentrate on union I think (close relation to Colin Meads but lives in Oz) & one other has gone too but I can't remember who it was!!!