2009 Nein TV Coverage

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Well after all the complaints to ARL and what not.
We are still being treated like crap.

Nine you are truely UN-AUSTRALIAN.

Maybe worth adding that to the T-Shirt protest.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Nine's petulant & churlish attitude to RL telecasts in Victoria is causing me to re define 'multiculturalism'

Australia V New Zealand Anzac Test
Played at Suncorp stadium in Brisbane
Telecast via WIN TV - NSW
Re cast via a Peer 2 Peer service in Europe

And viewed LIVE by yours truly on a laptop in Altona Victoria

Channel Who ?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

GTV Nine (Melbourne) CEO released a statement saying that they are interested and would be bidding for the AFL's next broadcast rights.

To make matters worse on the issue, the NRL are now saying (from the nasty phone call I got today) that there is nothing they can or will do with GTV Nine due to the few millions that they get from the Nine Media Group.

I was also told that someone would be 'calling me Monday to discuss the real issue that we Victorians don't understand regarding the broadcasting rights'.

It was so hard not to laugh down the phone when told that, especially when you still have video tapes of the way the game use to be covered before our club was formed.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Heard Brian Waldron on SEN this morning and was encouraging league fans to ring Len Downes at Ch.9.
Few texts followed saying he was not answering his phone and did not want to speak to league fans.

Brian Waldron then asked storm supporters to phone him and report how they were responding to the calls, because a few storm/league fans have been told by programming dept...things like...

You were born in the wrong state
Watch afl
Get foxtel, etc.

Hope Brian sticks to his guns and presents this report to the arl/nrl.
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Simple! Nine doesnt support Australians. There should be a law against this.
It is totally sickening.

Australians have a rigtht to see these international sportinging events. Nine must be in breach somewhere.
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I guess its called the A triple C
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

PLease some one tell me, is it the NRL or ARL that has no structure.
Mate, its a mind field, I guess thats why Melbournians cant watch RL.
Quite ashame given the size of the market potention in Melbourne.
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

League administration is the laughing stock of all profession sports around world.

There are more 'governing bodies' with no 'one' chief body in this country.

As for the ACCC, nothing they can do due to Federal Broadcast laws and the anti-syphoning list.

Good to hear Brian on this now.

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Stormwarning[c] wrote:I was also told that someone would be 'calling me Monday to discuss the real issue that we Victorians don't understand regarding the broadcasting rights'.
If there's any confusion then they can blame Gallop because he stated in a media release that this new TV rights deal would mean Victorians would get better coverage. I am sure rep games were mentioned in that media release.

I am certain one thing we were told as fact was that the rights ensured that Friday Night Football would be scheduled to start before midnight (perhaps they got this right as I don't recall them saying what day, so perhaps they meant we would see it before midnight Sunday?) or immediately following the late night news, whichever was earlier.

On the telecast last night, I was watching Fox Sports but wanted to see the haka so I flipped between Nein and FS around the scheduled start time. Just to stuff up viewers in Vic the telecast actually started early (in case anyone decided they wanted to tape it) by about 5 minutes, but then after the pre-match chitchat by the commentators they went to an ad and when they came back they were showing the pre-match chitchat for the City v Country game???

Are Nein a professional organisation? Sure doesn't seem so.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

The NRL/ARL and Ch.9 are lima lima lima duck! ;D
Didgi
Squall
Squall

Listen to what Ratty said - there are several good online sites for watching the games live, and there is always ABC Radio, they cover every game except Monday night.
[color=#0000FF]COW[/color][color=#FFFF40]BOYS[/color]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Didgi wrote: Listen to what Ratty said - there are several good online sites for watching the games live, and there is always ABC Radio, they cover every game except Monday night.
Those sites sound good, but we in victoria don't have ABC radio covering nrl unfortunately.  They cover afl.
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Didgi wrote: Listen to what Ratty said - there are several good online sites for watching the games live, and there is always ABC Radio, they cover every game except Monday night.
The online sites are great for die-hard supporters to watch and get their fix, but they don't help in growing public awareness of the game and increasing the general support for the game.

Lets be honest without it we could see the same level of crowds at the new stadium and that's something we DONT want.

Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Stormwarning[c] wrote:

The online sites are great for die-hard supporters to watch and get their fix, but they don't help in growing public awareness of the game and increasing the general support for the game.

Lets be honest without it we could see the same level of crowds at the new stadium and that's something we DONT want.
Channel Nine Does NOT have to show Rugby League games in Victoria at a reasonable time - HONEST
Channel Nine's Melbourne Sport's department will go out of it's way to DISADVANTAGE Rugby League coverage - HONEST
Unless Gallop & Co grow a spine & force a REAL FTA contract that legally forces Nine to promote RL in Victoria it WON'T happen - HONEST
If I thought it would help I'd send E mails - Make Phone calls - Protest outside Bendigo St,Richmond,but Nine Victoria don't give a shit what we think or do - HONEST
Only Money & Advertisers matter to them & sadly we have very little control of either - HONEST

And this - Posted elsewhere by a kindred spirit in W.A.
Posted by Swamp.
Here in WA not only did I not see the game, there isn't a single mention that the Test or any other NRL game was/is ever played. This is like George Orwell's 1984. Giving the veiwing public selective information just so RL won't attract any attention from the curious. I justed finiished posting on a different forum to my disgust Andrew Voss began the sport section of NRL's TV rights chanel with "lets start with AFL"!! How can this be happening?
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 11, 2009 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields