Could Friday night be a sellout?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
lotti

without the kids there things could get a little rough.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

lotti wrote: without the kids there things could get a little rough.
I hope you aren't insinuating that ppl would be assholes just because kids aint at a game - not everyone's a nut job........and kids mostly don't make a difference to some ppl
I've seen guys fighting with their kids present, we actually had a go at a guy leaving the social club a few years ago, beating up on his missus with the kids screaming for him to stop!!! 
Kids don't make ppl behave at all.........
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
lotti

like what happened to AAS at the game.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Here here on that one Tigger.

I remember some similar in 99 in the Eastern Stand down the front where I children got in the way and of a flight taking place (wasn't the childs fault) and all hell bloke lose and the child was kicked by both blokes fighting.

I was very pleased to see 20 guys jump in before the cops got there and sorted the two of them out.......both blokes were Dragon supporters.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

From my experence MOST Storm Supporters are fantastic with kids and other supporters.
The only problems I have encounted at games has been from
away supporters or when I go to another ground.

There are some grounds I will never go back to due to problems.
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

lotti wrote: like what happened to AAS at the game.

how does domestic voilence related to some scumbag spitting at people
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Tigger wrote:For mine, I don't trust anyone at all, well maybe a few ppl, but I'm always trying to keep my eyes on em - having just said what I did about last night with the kids................oops  :lol:
I'm sure you got excited with all the hype of the first game of the year Tigger.  :)

We had a group of kids near us making up chants for the Storm, it was so cute. 
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Me, excited?? Never - I'm to cool to get excited  ;-)

If you think a group of kids making up chants is cute, you should really come join us in the Bai Stand  :lol: ;-)
Pal
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Smacka (C) wrote:
lotti wrote:
Pal wrote: He is nearly 3.  I have taken him to games before and he is pretty much uncontrollable, very active.  If I take him I can't watch the game anyway, so better off staying home to watch it.
I had a child infront of me that was 1 so 3 isn't too young.
I know how it is with youngsters Pal. It can be almost impossible to watch the game unless you have a partner there to take it in turns with the toddler. (One tends to his needs while the other takes a break to watch the game) I too have an active 3 year old, and he's constantly wanting to go for a look around the place, going anywhere and everywhere.We also have a 9 month old, and at that age they are far easier to look after at the game, cos they can't get up and want to have a walk around. We took her to her first game when she was about 2 months old I think. It's not a matter of how young, it's all about how easy it is to look after them. I know I probably would take them to a game by myself - too hard.
Thanks Smacka, you are spot on.  They aren't called the terrible twos for nothing.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I figured around 14k at the game.  Hard to tell.  Looked like a bit of room up the yarra end of the ground, although having said that, even the stairs near me were full from top to bottom and you could barely move where I stand.
As for the Warriors game, I expect 12k or so, Warriors always draw well, and at the moment I look like dragging about 10 more than normal to the game too
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

We should see 13k + to the Warriors game, I hope.  Both teams should win this weekend, providing a tantalising top 4 (maybe) encounter to see who goes 3 zip, possibly on top of the ladder.

13.5k for the Tiges, against the live coverage makes me think the team which pulls the 2nd biggest OP crowd in most seasons (Warriors) should at least equate, or even increase over the tigers.  Even if AFL is back on, interest in the Storm is growing, and we should see a larger crowd than last year's 13,477.

The only ? is the Sunday midday kick off.
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Tigger wrote: If you think a group of kids making up chants is cute, you should really come join us in the Bai Stand  :lol: ;-)
The kids at the back of the Bai Stand remind me on my mispent youth. When we were really little my friend, my sister and I would have cardboard sled races down the back side of the hill at Belmore much like I saw kids doing on Friday.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Yeah - it was fun watching the kids try to kill themselves.... Of course, we weren't in any way encouraging them! ;)
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Christa, the kids aren't actually allowed to play on that hill any more...........security was very lax til Big Bad Bob came up and ripped into em  :lol:  (actually he only told my kids off and only cos I asked him to, hahaha - they gotta learn to do what they've been told  ;-))
But yeah, I remember sliding down the hill behind the goals at Kardinia Park on empty beer boxes many many many many years ago  :lol: :lol: :lol:
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

:lol: That didn't stop them, they were still doing it after the match as I was waiting for Dani and Alix.
I said to those I was with that I wanted to join in.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]