Finals on FTA/Foxtel

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

steaming stormer wrote:Well he talks to people in the social club that try to talk to him. i'm sick of the Waldron bashing that goes on. The blokes been in the job not even 12 months, and people have the shits because everything didn't instantly improve. Here's a tip - It was never going to!!! It is going to be a process that takes a couple of years. Since he came in, we have had the funding for a new stadium approved, we have a push from the NRL into grassroots development, we have a confirmed Origin match and Test Match - all in 12 months!!!

I'd say that is a fair years work from Brian.

Back to the topic though, I'd like to think something can be organised somewhere by the club. I was thinking before, and I know there isn't the base to create a Leagues Club, but I think the club needs to build on some of the underlying relationships between the Storm and a couple of pubs in the Richmond area (other places would be fine too, but there is already a link with a couple of the Swan St Pubs).

The relationship needs to develop, so that we know there is a place to go to watch all away games. We need to have a 'Storm Pub' as such. That is a challenge I feel the club needs to take on.
Agree with the Waldron comments SS, he's done alright for his first year. Will be interested to see how our crowds go next year.

On the Storm Pub, the closest we have at the moment is the Rising Sun Hotel and Vaclause (sp?) both in Richmond. The RS are sponsors of the club, I'm not sure of the Vaclause's connection. The RS has been pretty good this year with their showing of all the Storm away games, although I've been pissed off once or twice with having to move from the main bar to the bistro/restaurant to watch the Storm game when there was more Storm supporters than AFL. I'd say if any venue is able to show the game then they'd be the one to do it.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

just got an email from the club. They are holding a function at the Rising Sun. $15 including finger food. Starting at 6pm. Must register with the club to attend.

Also Buzz, I emailed the club a while back about the ball, and I agree, it is starting to become extremely short notice, but I was given the date - October 7th, but I was told a venue wasn't set yet. I would hope that would be done soon
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
lotti

I get to watch it for free, and then a replay on pay tv.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!