R20 - Brisbane vs Melbourne

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm99
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I think we have found the right side for the remainder of the season
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Good solid performance to start a big run to the finals.

I really thought our last tackle options in the first half would bite us though.

How good is Jesse? That pass around the corner to Hinchy was pure magic.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Did enough to win. Felt like we had control for the majority of the game. Just keep improving every week please.

Congrats to the captain for becoming the highest point scoring forward in this great game.
cayal
Squall
Squall

Are Channel 9 serious having Hadley as commentator?
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Turtle188 wrote:We definitely got the better of a shocking decision with Hoffy's try. Easily a penalty against Billy for the challenge on the Bronco defender.
I'm not so sure it was a "shocking decision", as much as the commentators tried to convince everyone otherwise - I thought Billy was clearly going for the ball to knock it back (as he has done countless times this season) and only turned it into a tackle/wrapping motion once this had been achieved. I thought it was a fair contest for the ball, but I was very surprised the video ref agreed with me.

On another note, clearly the refs were not looking for forward passes tonight!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If Jesse isn't our player of the year I don't have any idea how they vote or what the award stands for!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

steaming stormer wrote:If Jesse isn't our player of the year I don't have any idea how they vote or what the award stands for!
+1
cayal
Squall
Squall

steaming stormer wrote:If Jesse isn't our player of the year I don't have any idea how they vote or what the award stands for!
I wouldn't be upset with him or Chambers as POTY.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Koro almost hitting full throttle again tonight. Never felt more confident seeing a winger take a hit up.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hoffy became our equal 9th highest try scorer and equal 10th highest point scorer tonight.

Congrats to Cam on becomming the highest scoring forward and 10th highest scorer of all time.

Congrats to Will and Jesse on their 100th game.

Billy moved to outright 2nd on our all time games played list.

Cam has now won 250 games across all competitions (NRL, test, origin, WCC and All Stars).

What a night.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As usual thanks for the stats Mattpoet.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good win and just the performance I was looking for. Cronk had the ball on a string. Wow!
Everyone played well and Koroibete was awesome. Even in defense he tackled and got up to back up in second phase play.
Jesse is the best front rower in our history, period!
Congrats Cam and hope this is a sign of things to come.
Molly
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Good win however we are looking a little impotent close to the line if you ask me. We don't ever really look specials to score....improved a little in the second half with some good variation just on the whole we need to be more lethal from 15 meters out and not be so reliant on kicking.....and what was it with wanting to kick the bloody ball all the time.....nearly threw a stubby through the screen at one point.
one-eyed
Squall
Squall

Just glad the commentary team wasn't biased at all, lol
:lol:
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

by their usual standards they really weren't, can't say the same for the refs, especially concerning blocking off the ball.