Rd 16 v St George Illawarra Dragons

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Coops will obviously replace Ben.
Haha, yes he will... but which one?

Coops on the right, Roberts on the left.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bellamy said this morning that he's still 3-4 weeks away anyway.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

No need to be playing Cooper anyway this week. This team is well and truly good enough to beat the Dragons. We've got the bye next week aswell, just give Cooper a few more weeks to be fresh for our run towards the finals.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

does anyone know if chambers is any chance of returning for this game?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He is training atm lol tell u more later
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

the injury report with ayoub said that the gash was down to the bone and in an awkward place. there stitches in there and heaps of swelling still. wont play
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i never know how much to believe the injury reports - a lot of ducks and drakes involved
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They said a decision on Chambers would be made game day. I think he will play.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Went to training today. Smith and Slater were not there, but everyone else was. Cronk trained, he do not do tackling until the very end, but during the match practice he run the ball a lot. He is not playing, as he trained with the reserve players. Young and Rose also trained with the reserve players. Munster played fullback for the first team, with Sisa and Manhe on the wings and Chambers and Mann in the centres.

I saw Koroibete and he is solid and fast. I have not been to training since the start of the season and something I noticed was that when a ball is dropped the whole team has to do push ups, not jut the player who dropped the ball. The did not drop the ball as must as they did at the last training session I went to. That could because of this or because it is later in the season. Cronk did push ups every time with the rest of the team. If his arm was not healed he would not be able to do this, I would think.

Cronk was yelling orders and telling players what to do all training. At once stage he called all the reserve players into a group and spoke to them and made the first team wait. He can not help himself he has to direct all the time.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote:Cronk was yelling orders and telling players what to do all training. At once stage he called all the reserve players into a group and spoke to them and made the first team wait. He can not help himself he has to direct all the time.
Good.

It's why Storm won a Premiership in 2012.

And why the Club is a chance to win another while he is still playing.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Had a feeling Mahe might stay in the team for Young. Interesting to see what way Craig goes.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:They said a decision on Chambers would be made game day. I think he will play.

Agreed. Given the nature of the injury you'd think they'd have a very good idea either way before game day whether he's playing or not. Unless we're playing funny buggers i also think he'll take the field.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote:
yourhero wrote:They said a decision on Chambers would be made game day. I think he will play.

Agreed. Given the nature of the injury you'd think they'd have a very good idea either way before game day whether he's playing or not. Unless we're playing funny buggers i also think he'll take the field.
The concern would be that if he goes down on his knee and opens up the wound,...then he may miss even more games. Surely it will all depend on whether there is any chance of the cut being opened up in the game.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

From training today...cooper trained but with a yellow medical jersey on very little contact lol he was the boss of the reserves though ordering them around the whole time...I saw a few reserve players happy to leave training today haha

George is not coming back into the team I don't think...by the looks of things Bellamy isn't happy with him

Young is not playing this week he was in reserves the whole time with Will training with Mahe and also Marika was training in Wills spot for half the session

I think Noz will be on the bench again and KP is still expecting his new bub so might miss
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:From training today...cooper trained but with a yellow medical jersey on very little contact lol he was the boss of the reserves though ordering them around the whole time...I saw a few reserve players happy to leave training today haha

George is not coming back into the team I don't think...by the looks of things Bellamy isn't happy with him

Young is not playing this week he was in reserves the whole time with Will training with Mahe and also Marika was training in Wills spot for half the session

I think Noz will be on the bench again and KP is still expecting his new bub so might miss
Sounds like Gorgeous has been his own worst enemy which is a shame because he really could have added something to our team if he had been fully engaged...