ROUND 5 vs TITANS

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Oh, and get rid of the Storm D crap. What is this? basketball? The USA? Words can't describe how much I hate it.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The defence from both sides was average. Almost reminded me of an Under 20s game. I agree that Will Chambers has been average. His first flirting with the touch line wasn't too bad they just got a lot of people in the tackle. His second short side run was poor.

Young's runs were great. What did Dayne do with tackle? Around the head? Difficult to see from other end.

Sisa should have had three tries shouldn't have dropped Will's pass. Is Sisa's defence really that bad? The first try could have been partially his fault, the try from the bomb wasn't his fault. There was one set of six where he laid 3 tackles in a row.

Offloads killed us as usual, I am not sure why every team
dont offload against us.

Jesse was clearly our best prop.

Loads of tackles above horizontal, only a couple penalised. And so much for the onus of ball security on the ball carrier.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Scooter wrote:What did Dayne do with tackle? Around the head? Difficult to see from other end.
He was put on report for a crusher tackle.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:What did Dayne do with tackle? Around the head? Difficult to see from other end.
You mean Dallas? :roll:
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:The defence from both sides was average. Almost reminded me of an Under 20s game. I agree that Will Chambers has been average. His first flirting with the touch line wasn't too bad they just got a lot of people in the tackle. His second short side run was poor.

Young's runs were great. What did Dayne do with tackle? Around the head? Difficult to see from other end.

Sisa should have had three tries shouldn't have dropped Will's pass. Is Sisa's defence really that bad? The first try could have been partially his fault, the try from the bomb wasn't his fault. There was one set of six where he laid 3 tackles in a row.

Offloads killed us as usual, I am not sure why every team
dont offload against us.

Jesse was clearly our best prop.

Loads of tackles above horizontal, only a couple penalised. And so much for the onus of ball security on the ball carrier.
Tbh his offload to Tonumaipea was the catalyst for a great set which ended in K.Broms try. His shutdown defense he's known for hasn't been there lately.

We seem to lack a plan B. Cronk has too much on his plait. Again Hampton was almost non existent but I think he def has potential and hopefully sooner rather than later it shows.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:Offloads killed us as usual, I am not sure why every team dont offload against us.
Couldn't agree more with this. We look like schoolboys when a team starts offloading at will. Wrap the ball up!!!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Turtle188 wrote:
He was put on report for a crusher tackle.
Thought it might be that or a grapple. So he will be suspended after his first game with Storm. That will be the main story at judiciary this week and not the dangerous throws.

Sisa's offload was good, as was Young's run after the offload. Then Cam and Cooper at the end of the set to set up Kenny was awesome.

Not sure Sisa had a lot of chances to display shut down defence. A lot of breaks were up middle from offloads.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

yourhero wrote:
Scooter wrote:Offloads killed us as usual, I am not sure why every team dont offload against us.
Couldn't agree more with this. We look like schoolboys when a team starts offloading at will. Wrap the ball up!!!
Yep way too many offloads today and easy offloads at that.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

One other thing that I have a question about that happened just before Weston was penalised. Was Cronk taken out after his kick by Dave Taylor who almost came in feet first? I thought this should have been a penalty. What did others think?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Falloon hasn't been charged for his tackle on Chambers. Guess you actually have to hurt the player to get suspended these days.
one-eyed
Squall
Squall

I agree with Tugga that Storm D crap is so annoying, we don't need that basketball rubbish here!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

falloon hasn't been charged? we should take the judiciary to court over this! any impartial jury will award us a win when looking at the dozen or so uncharged tackles that have dumped storm players on their heads since mckinnon. pure luck that none of ours have been hurt too!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

one-eyed wrote:I agree with Tugga that Storm D crap is so annoying, we don't need that basketball rubbish here!
I took a mate along yesterday for their first NRL game. He couldn't believe that they do it during actual play. It was so offputting in the second half that he said he won't be back.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

and weston has been charged, that'll just about do me!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm have confirmed via Twitter that they will seek clarification from the NRL on this weeks charges.

I'm sure the NRL will have a perfectly logical explanation :roll: