Rd 11 Storm vs Roosters sat 25/5 7.30

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We look the better team. Just gotta stay in control and not give them too many repeat sets.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Widdop can go to St George now for all I care.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

It's official:

Widdop is shit!!!

And should not be carried by this team any longer
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Widdop can go to St George now for all I care.
Yep.

I was more than happy to keep him in the team when he signed because (at the time) i thought he was in our best 17 but he really has been very average ever since then and probably a bit before that.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

YES!!!!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote:Very happy to get one back on the half, not doubt the feckwits up there will be bitching and moaning about the lead up to it.
Of course, the bleating has already begun... With all bias aside though, both calls were spot on for a change. Slater's was OBVIOUSLY back and so was the ball off Coop.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Now that's how the team I follow really plays!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good win, not great. It was very pleasing to see us dominating the ruck again for a change, it's been a while... Helped by the fact that the Roosters were without both their starting props.

My brain just cannot comprehend Widdop continuing to line up at 5/8. Kills me.

Waqa is my favourite player... The man is outstanding.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Good win, not great. It was very pleasing to see us dominating the ruck again for a change, it's been a while... Helped by the fact that the Roosters were without both their starting props.

My brain just cannot comprehend Widdop continuing to line up at 5/8. Kills me.

Waqa is my favourite player... The man is outstanding.
+ 1 to all of that. Was confident after Bellamy named a real bench. Was more confident when we actually had our grand final winning wingers in the right position. Cooper was better, the forwards got on top and Sisa freaking Waqa is a freak. I love him.

Good win against a quality side away from home. The boys showed signs of what we can do.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great win by the boys, more so from how we responded to the last few weeks and lifted as opposed to our overall game. Our first of of the first half was pretty good i thought but as the game wore on those errors were creeping in so there's still work to do.

Hopefully the few who lost their heads last week after our down run can screw them back on and remember how much character this team has. With origin coming up that win was crucial, we're going to have a few more downs before the end of the season but you only have to remember how this lot responds to them when it counts. Premierships aren't won in May, June and July.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Great game. Great team effort!!

Initially I thought we were lucky with the slater drop ball, but seeing the replay at halftime it definately went backwards. We were still lucky because we rarely get those calls favoring us.

I don't like this new rule whereby the ref makes a call before the video ref views the footage. Ridiculous I say. McClean's try would've been awarded benefit of the doubt last year. This year it's a 50/50 depending on what the ref thought in a split second of time. Unfortunately the footage was not definitive enough to overturn the call, but it certainly looked likely. And in the past the benefit always went to the attacking side.

Blair/O'Neil & Chambers/Waqa combos looked very solid. Barring injury that's our outside backline.

Widdop really stood out tonight. I don't think he was any worse than usual, just that the rest of the team were very good and he's still learning.
BRING BACK FINCH!!!!

I think I might get a black t-shirt made with "BRING BACK THE FINCH" written on it
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That is more like the team we know. Waqa is my favourite player too. His defence is sensational. Good to see the SWAS motoring along gaining new members. Before the Sharks game at the end of last year I felt like I was the only member of SWAS.

Blair is great at centre, particularly in defence. Ryles' runs tonight were awesome, ok there was another dumb penalty. McLean was solid on debut. Cronk's kicking was back to normal.

As for the crusher on Ryles I loved how Brandy said "it was almost a crusher." Then there was another two or three tackles later and no penalty.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Good to get back to winning ways tonight. Thought our edge defense was as good as its been for some time. Huge win leading into the Origin period.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

A four point win :twisted:
Well Done Young Jordan =D>
Widdop :-\ Seems to have caught a case of 'I've got the ball & don't want to pass it to an open man'

Most of the team ran with the game plan & didn't get spooked by the chooks or Hayne / Clarke combo.

How many crusher / neck grab tackles let slide ?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I had to hit mute to shut out the obvious barracking against us by the commentators!!!!!! I know your parent company just sold us but, come on!!!!!!!

Waqa for PM