R9 - Penrith vs Melbourne Sun 12/05 6:30pm Centrebet Stadium

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Rina
Squall
Squall

There must be something wrong within the team because they're not working together. They're very flat to put it politely.
brewer
Squall
Squall

is it just me, or is mahe fonua clinically retarded?

does he know hes a winger, and supposed to stay on his ficking wing? 2 of 3 tries can very obviously be attributed to his very obvious incompetence.

dead set rubbish, our props can take a bomb better than him..............
Monsoon
Monsoon

Team for next week:

1. Billy Slater
2. Justin O'Neill
3. Junior Sa'u
4. Will Chambers
5. Sisa Waqa
6. Brett Finch
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Junior Moors
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Kevin Proctor

14. Siosaia Vave
15. Tohu Harris
16. Jason Ryles
17. Lagi Setu
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

"They're just not excited at the moment" - Bellamy in the post match

Well lima lima lima duck excite them. This is bs.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Half the posters here could see this coming, why couldn't bellyache? 2 utilities on the bench again? Turn it up.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1999 wrote:Half the posters here could see this coming, why couldn't bellyache? 2 utilities on the bench again? Turn it up.
LOL yep. The other half was. Oh nothing's wrong, Cam just didn't kick straight.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Played like shit & deserved to lose.
Is it worth losing overtime money next Monday to watch the same shit live ?
Get it sorted Storm :evil:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Molly
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Flat barely describes it, really embarrasing tonight vs lacklustre opposition. Mediocre in attack, predictable and out enthused, perhaps except for Junior Moors.

Whilst it has'nt cost us the game, I am finding NRL harder and hardfer to watch as the referrees seem about as consistent as Rugby refs. The ten was never policed and the forward passes from dummy half just go unnoticed all the time, never mind them dictating momentum by slowing up the play and being really inconsistent on holding down in the ruck, I am just about done with it, the three games I watched this weekend were all referreed to different rules I am sure.

Gareth Widdop offerred nothing for most of last year and has bought less this year, runs crossfield and stifles attack, or throws bloody ridiculous passes. Release him now and let him go to the Dragons. Get rid of blind side plays at scrums and we should try Finchy at 5/8 and use his maturity to control an edge.

If we can't fire up for the Sea Eagles, then we are in trouble.

Vs Sea Eagles - OUT - WIDDOP/FONUA
IN - FINCH or BLAIR/DUFFIE, if Blair at 5/8 - bring back Junior Sau (is he injured?)
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1999 wrote: 11. Junior Moors
15. Tohu Harris
I wouldn't disrupt our second row and would keep Proctor/Hoffman on their respective sides with Tohu at lock.

I also think Vave has another week of recovery.

Other than that I agree with Sau, O'Neill and Finch changes. O'Neill cannot continue at centre.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1999 wrote:Team for next week:

1. Billy Slater
2. Justin O'Neill
3. Junior Sa'u
4. Will Chambers
5. Sisa Waqa
6. Brett Finch
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Junior Moors
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Kevin Proctor

14. Siosaia Vave
15. Tohu Harris
16. Jason Ryles
17. Lagi Setu
I like the 17 but Proctor is better on the edge and Tohu is doing his job in the middle.
Monsoon
Monsoon

blazza18 wrote:
1999 wrote:Team for next week:

1. Billy Slater
2. Justin O'Neill
3. Junior Sa'u
4. Will Chambers
5. Sisa Waqa
6. Brett Finch
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Junior Moors
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Kevin Proctor

14. Siosaia Vave
15. Tohu Harris
16. Jason Ryles
17. Lagi Setu
I like the 17 but Proctor is better on the edge and Tohu is doing his job in the middle.
Tohu is still developing and these big minutes are burning him out a little I feel, he needs to be in the 17 I just think he might benefit from afew weeks off the bench. Moors has really put his hand up the last 2 weeks and looked our only real danger, I want too see more of him!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kirisome has been killing it at second-row in NSW cup
Rina
Squall
Squall

As much as I'd like to see some changes to our squad I think Bellamy might view this as a 'team flop' rather than individual efforts.

I hope I'm wrong because I thought our backs were stale tonight.
brewer
Squall
Squall

[quote="Rina"]As much as I'd like to see some changes to our squad I think Bellamy might view this as a 'team flop' rather than individual efforts.

I hope I'm wrong because I thought our backs were stale tonight.[/quote]

stale?

fonua wouldnt know what positional defense was if it came in his throat.

dead set has no idea
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

All I can say is I’m totally disgusted with the performance tonight. That was a totally un-Melbourne like performance. An absolute shocking first half display, second half was slightly better after we woke up and started chasing the game but we couldn't even defeat a tiring Panthers side. Cooper Cronk kicking into touch when we were trailing with five to go - what was he thinking??? Billy throwing an intercept pass that led to the first try, Cam with an undisciplined act in the Panthers play the ball in the final couple of minutes and Hoffy missing an easy tackle of David Simmons that led to the Panthers gaining easy metres were a few things. Another thing on Cam is that his goal kicking cost us the match yet again (but we probably didn't deserve to go into golden point if he had have converted Waqa's try).

I want Mahe Fonua to succeed in the NRL, but it's looking as though he is simply not up to it. While it is good PR to have the 'first Melbourne born and bred player to pull on a Storm jersey' playing for us, he would have been dropped to the NSW Cup long ago if he wasn't. He is completely incompetent as a winger with he defensive reads and erratic ball handling. As for Gareth Widdop, he can just piss off to the Dragons now for all I care. Offered absolutely nothing again and can't defend. It's time to move on from him. Maurice Blair was another strange selection (why is Bellyache persisting with choosing two utilities off the bench), he had a very below average game last week and showed nothing tonight. Where is someone like Mitch Garbutt, Kenny Bromwich or Lagi Setu???

Another strange thing is that the cameras showed Bellyache at half time not very animated. Seriously, after that inept first half display I would have been disgusted at the team. Then he says the team wasn't excited in the presser. Not excited, I'd say completely not interested and lazy. I'm not bagging Bellyache as we all know he is a great coach, but he does have his moments of madness when it comes to the selection of players completely out of form and disinterested in the game at the expense of others (seriously, why did we bring back Finchy to the club if we're not going to play him). Get your act together Bellyache and pick the best team, NOT YOUR FAVOURITES!!! We don't want another slump, especially heading into Origin. Surely you would have learnt your lesson after the five game slump last year. End Of Rant.