REP WEEKEND

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:And yourhero, the ref had no choice but to blow full time because so many had ran onto the field following Mahe's 2nd try, off a Manu pass I must add
Fair enough if that is the case. I didn't notice the crowd on the field when the ref blew full time but I wasn't paying close attention so I'll take your word for it. I doubt we would have got to the kick off anyway but Tonga still should have been afforded the shot at goal.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Definately. It was very amateurish from Centrebet Stadium, or perhaps the NRL, to not provide better crowd control.

I was wondering why the ref had blown time and then I noticed heaps of people on the field. Obviously he figured it'd be near impossible to clear the field quick enough and it's probably not worth it for 40secs. Don't know if the kicker would've liked to bag another for his own practice/satisfaction??
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Congrats to Mahe on his two tries for Tonga. It was good to see a mid-season test between a couple of Pacific Island nations. It sounds like it is something that will be happening for the next four or five years from what the commentators were saying.

They should make it a triple header Under 20's Origin, Fiji v PNG and Tonga v Samoa.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Fri night AUS V NZ
Sat night TONGA V SAMOA
Sun arvo PNG V FIJI

get rid of city V country (sooky la la's keep pulling out anyway) and play U20's origin as curtain raiser to real origin.

The Tests could be played at different venues throughout Australia, NZ, PNG and Pacific Islands.

Oh, and how good has the refereeing been so far? Maybe the NRL should go back to 1 professional ref instead of 2 wannabes.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oh, and how good has the refereeing been so far? Maybe the NRL should go back to 1 professional ref instead of 2 wannabes.
Don't think you'll get much argument on that one
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Congratulations to Ryan Hoffman on his Man of the Match performance in the City v Country game. Can't do much more than that to put your hand up for a Blues jersey.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hoffy played 80mins for City and earnt MOTM honors in a losing team.

Probably not a big enough effort for a Storm player to earn a spot in the NSW team though
••
~
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thought former Storm players Maloney and Tolman were good too.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Mattpoet wrote:Thought former Storm players Maloney and Tolman were good too.
Maloney's been smokin' hot this year and should be in the NSW team for sure. Of course they won't even entertain the idea.

All good though. Every poor selection by NSW helps QLD make it 8 in a row.

I can't believe all the negative responses on Facebook regarding the rep weekend. I thought it was fantastic and loved every minute of it.
PNG V Fiji would be better than City V Country though.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:Hoffy played 80mins for City and earnt MOTM honors in a losing team.

Probably not a big enough effort for a Storm player to earn a spot in the NSW team though
••
~
I think there is a fair chance Hoffy will be in the NSW team, Laurie Daley is a big fan of Hoffy.