Storm vs Manly Rd 15

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

glennb wrote:What about running in from 50 metres away and coathanging a person. Third man in is always the worse.
Nice try but coming off the bench is worse,if you won that game you lost it right there
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Cherry_Poppins wrote:
glennb wrote:What about running in from 50 metres away and coathanging a person. Third man in is always the worse.

Nice try but coming off the bench is worse,if you won that game you lost it right there
So coming off the bench to stop a 4 on 1 after players sprinted half way across the pitch to get involved and throw hay makers.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Freshy wrote:
Cherry_Poppins wrote:

So coming off the bench to stop a 4 on 1 after players sprinted half way across the pitch to get involved and throw hay makers.

I'd prefer not to get into this because to some it may seem like im trying to stir shit,fact is im trying to exit this conversation about the past

The dogs lost the 2009 Minor premiership due to a player who had nothing to do with that play entered the field of play to cross it,they got docked
2 points and Matt Elliot figured he'd use that to try to steal those points which was unsuccessful,im sure you remember it as it
was MASSIVE news at the time and a hyper-technicality that they chose to enforced

That will be my last words on the past,Goodluck on monday
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Cherry_Poppins wrote:I'd prefer not to get into this because to some it may seem like im trying to stir shit,fact is im trying to exit this conversation about the past
Hmm, trying to exit the conversation by continuing to post? Yep, great logic there!
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

He may want to exit the conversation, but he also wants the final word.
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Cherry if you can't see that Stewart's actions in the 4 on one fight was a dog act then you are a blind manly supporter . Just look at the blues Jennings moment . And that wasn't 4 on 1

[ Post made via Android ] Image
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Well I no it's early days but the team will change after tonight's game. Billy most likely won't play and maybe smith might start on from the bench . Does that mean Blair and hinch to start?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

BAN THIS TROLL. He's been over fed.

Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Billys likely to miss a month of footy, so while he rests i reckon we field

O'Neil
Duffy
Neilson
Blair
Quinn
Widdop
Cronk
Bromwich
Hinchcliffe
Ryles
Manu
Hoffman
Lowrie

Lowe
Norrie
Smith
Vave

storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

"but he brother started the fight and he thought he needed protecting" sob story no one cares about, the fact is that was a dog act by 5 manly players for involving themselves like that
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Don't know why I'm bothering. But what is a fullbacks job in the last line of defence ? To stop the opposing player from scoring a try.
So back in 2008 Slater brought into the game that sliding leg thing to dislodge the ball. Until then it wasn't illegal. He did what he thought was the best way to stop a try. There is no way in hell Billy decided oh ill just kick this dude in the head cause you know it wont be noticed by anyone.
Its typical anti Storm crap that gets spun when you need to feel good about yourself.

Lol at you thinking players trying to pull off those Manly players was worse than 5 on 1. That whole thing would of never been blown up if it wasn't for that dog attack on Blair.

Always a special week this one. Should be on a Friday night.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Can't believe this grudge match is on a Monday night - more poor scheduling from the NRL. Surely Proctor is a likely chance of taking the field as it's a Monday game. Still think we have a fairly good chance of winning despite Slater missing.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hearing Widdop will move to the back & Rory will play at 6.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Like Widdop at 1 but Rory at 6 ? Really.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Widdop's an awesome fullback, but I'd prefer us to keep him mastering the 5/8 role. Although we do have a couple of big games featuring highly skilled fullbacks in Stewart, Barba, and Dugan.
It could be wise to play Widdop at fb and move Blair to 5/8. That way O'Neil can return to his preferred centre position and Quinn or Waqa can take the wing. We'd be much less of a dis-jointed team then I reckon.

Widdop
Duffy
Neilson
O'Neil
Quinn
Blair
Cronk
Bromwich
Hinchcliffe
Ryles
Manu
Hoffman