East Tigers/Cronulla Sharks 2011

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

the big 10m would explain it, and there was no shade on the field by the looks of it. i didnt understand why johnson would stand there hands on hips after his goal line defense when the ball was only 5m away, him and dane didnt look like nrl level players in the last 20 mins i saw
ethos03
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Can confirm that Chisholm, Niko and Johnson have all been named to play for Easts this weekend.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Cronulla Sharks vs Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs 15:00 Toyota Stadium
Storm Players: Maori, Waqa, Blair, Kite, Vea.
1. Isaac Gordon
2. Nathan Stapleton
3. Ricky Leutele
4. Tu’u Maori
5. Sisa Waqa
6. Maurice Blair
7. Tim Smith
8. Sione Kite
9. Dane Snelson
10. Siosaia Vave
11. Atelea Vea
12. Andrew Clayton
13. Trent Grubb

14. Kose Lelei
15. Tyrone Viiga
16. Ryan Tongia
17. Matt Parata
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

hopefully kite can get his match fitness early, his size is something we are missing in the storm team atm
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think there's a good chance Vea may make his Melbourne Storm NRL debut this week with Sika Manu injured. Hopefully he does well.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I watched the Easts Tigers v Redcliffe game and her are my thoughts on our players:

- Dane Chisholm: Was reasonably solid at the back apart from the error towards the end. Didn't do anything spectacular though. Didn't show any turn of speed.
- Elijah Niko: Made a good intercept, made one good run from dummy half which drew a penalty, went for a shoulder charge 10 metres out from the line missed it and the miss resulted in a Redcliffe try. He went off after about 25 minutes with a cork after contesting a bomb. Funnily enough everyone thought he had knocked on in the contest and stopped with Easts centre Liam Campbell wandering through and leisurely putting his hand on the ball. The referee went to the video there was no knock on and there was a try.
- Mitchel Johnson: Was virtually non-existent in the first half, made three or four good runs in the second half with a couple of offloads (one offload may have been in 1st half). It was smart thinking to take the quick tap and barge over the line.

Someone I was impressed with was Steve Thorpe who is a young second rower who did the pre-season with the Storm and played in a couple of our trials. He made a number of good runs including a 30 or 40 metre run to score a try in the first half where he ended up dragging a couple of players over the line. If he keeps that form up there may be a fair chance the Storm sign him for 2012. What do you think ethos03?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Easts Tigers and Cronulla Sharks on Fox Sports:

Last week's Easts Tigers v Redcliffe game is being replayed again at 2:30am (AEDT) on Friday morning (1st April). If you missed it and wanted to tape it.

This weekend's Sharks v Bulldogs NSW Cup game is on Fox Sports next Wednesday at 4:30pm.
ethos03
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Scooter wrote:Someone I was impressed with was Steve Thorpe who is a young second rower who did the pre-season with the Storm and played in a couple of our trials. He made a number of good runs including a 30 or 40 metre run to score a try in the first half where he ended up dragging a couple of players over the line. If he keeps that form up there may be a fair chance the Storm sign him for 2012. What do you think ethos03?
Yeah Steve's been improving well and the fact that he went down to Melbourne shows that he is in their sights. His pre-season form was good - he scored two tries against Ipswich in their trial at Langlands. And make a Stom comparison, he reminds me a bit of Ryan Hoffman with his style, good hole runner on the fringes.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Elijah Niko was pulled out of the east tigers game today not sure if he is injured or maybe bellamy is gonna surprise us all and put him in 1st grade...he did get a cork last week though
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sharks lost 18-16 to the top of the table dogs

elijah is injured
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

east tigers lost today 26 - 16 not a good day in our reserve grades and sg ball
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

how did kite go?
ethos03
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

It was another tantalisingly close game for Easts on Saturday. They pushed the Northern Pride, who are defending premiers and undefeated this year, to the limit but went down 26-16.

From the Storm boys, Dane Chisholm probably had his best game for us. He rediscovered his acceleration and made a few breaks but the Northern Pride scrambling defence was pretty good.

Mitchel Johnson had a mixed afternoon. Made some strong carries with great leg drive but also a number of mistakes. The worst was making an error, booting the ball away in frustration and getting penalised for it.

Match highlights are here: http://www.thetigers.com.au/index.php?o ... &Itemid=48
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

It looks like you've lost Vea for the season. He played himself into a regular spot with the Storm tonight. I'll be surprised if he's not in purple again next week

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I watched the Sharks v Bulldogs match on Fox Sports and here are my thoughts on the Storm players:
Tu'u Maori: didn't really do too much, although was more of a forward's arm wrestle game as opposed to a game where the outside backs got much quality ball. Then he got knocked out when his head hit a Dogs' players shoulder after about 50 minutes.
Sisa Waqa: Made a couple of good dummy half runs, picked up a loose ball at one stage and ran 40 metres but was unfortunately bundled into touch. Again not a lot of quality ball for the outside backs
Maurice Blair: Solid in defence, did not really inject himself into attack much particularly in first hour of game, made a couple of good runs late.
Sione Kite: Had a wonderful start to the match, made a number of attacking runs that bent the Bulldog's defensive line. Unfortunately went off after 18 minutes with a shoulder injury. He came back on after half time and again made a couple of good runs but also made a couple of handling errors.
Robbie Rochow: Was very good in defence did not have much influence with ball in hand.
Jake Hawkins: Came off the bench as dummy half. Laid three or four tremendous tackles and was very good in defence. In attack he made one or two good dummy half runs but mainly acted as a distributor.