Kearney > Eels 2011

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
estormboy
Squall
Squall

Johanna Griggs on channel 7 has just said that the Storm have announced that Kearney has just resigned and will be the new Eels coach.

Confirmed: SMH article

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 161ux.html
Last edited by estormboy on Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I`m glad for Steve that he has become a senior club coach ( he thoroughly deserves it) but will be sad to see him leave. I hope those morons treat him better than their last effort and cut the infighting and backstabbing and just let him do his thing
TheParraPowerof1
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I hear my club parra have signed Stephen Kearney as head coach for the next 3 years.
He seems very well respected from his time at the Storm, looking forward to next year with him in charge.
He may instill some structure in our club that the last 2 coaches couldn't.
HayneHeadbutt
Squall
Squall

CooperCronk wrote: Anderson got Parra to the gf in 2009, then they finished 12th this year and he gets the sack OMG who would want to be an NRL coach these days!

I don't blame Mooks for leaving to better himself, but hate the fact he's going to that scummy club.  The're also probably hoping that having Mooks as coach, they'll snare a couple of the Storm players over when their contracts expire like Cooper Cronk.
you better believe it ha ha
[img]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww82/ADJ1/stripped.gif[/img]
[img]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww82/ADJ1/haynetoogood2-1.jpg[/img]
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Crap I didn't think of it that way.
He could lure a couple of players don't to Parra in the next few years.
Possibly Blair.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

wonder whos on the radar to replace them
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Michael :P wrote: wonder whos on the radar to replace them
Now that Steve and Brads gone, will they bring TA up from the NSW Cup side to assist Craig, not many options there at the moment but will expect an outsider to come in.
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I know that Steve was bound to pick up a 1st grade gig soon, but I feel for Bellamy - after a horror season, loosing so many players - Madge moving on last year and now Steve AND Brad - it really will be a rebuilding year for Bellamy.  He seemed so dispondent at the end of the season - he will not have his generals to back him up moving forward.

It seems like a kick in the guts when Storm are down.

Good luck Steve, but even better wishes to Bellamy!

All of my fond regard for Mooks can't dent my loath for the Eels - it has only increased it  : :x
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

stormsally wrote: I know that Steve was bound to pick up a 1st grade gig soon, but I feel for Bellamy - after a horror season, loosing so many players - Madge moving on last year and now Steve AND Brad - it really will be a rebuilding year for Bellamy.  He seemed so dispondent at the end of the season - he will not have his generals to back him up moving forward.

It seems like a kick in the guts when Storm are down.

Good luck Steve, but even better wishes to Bellamy!

All of my fond regard for Mooks can't dent my loath for the Eels - it has only increased it  : :x

Yeah I really feel for Bellamy atm. He has achieved so much since being in Melbourne & now he's had it all ripped away pretty much. Players have had to go or chosen to move on, & now Coaching staff. I honestly thought Kearney would stay til Bellamy left, & I saw that being when this contract was up. Maybe we will have a few tough years ahead now. Who knows what's going to happen over that 3 years while Gi & Kearney are away :'(
thunderball
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

i heard something today from a close friend, this same close friend told me that kearney signed with parramatta 3 weeks ago but only annouced this week and i laughed but i think he was on the money he told me the exact time and date the presser would be 3 weeks ago.
  today he told me that a high profile player in the nrl wants to leave his current club as its the right time to leave and start fresh. i mentioned a alot of players but his stone cold expression stayed the same until i said is it a 6 or 7 he then grinned so i mentioned a few number 6's and 7's nothing and then i said  jonathon thurston he looked away and smirked. he said keep guessing  he told me that he cant say just yet. but this player is a big fan of kearney thinks he is a great coach thinks he has done a great job with the kiwi side, he feels the current club that he is at is heading in a new direction that he is not a fan of. to many changes in such a short time and wants to leave as he is unhappy and can not give his club his best which he has done for so many years. he thought about going to parramatta and other  nrl teams  many months ago but decided against it. he has found things tough lately and wants a change. my gut feeling tells me its thurston but im not sure. of course all this could be just another rumour. my friend told me he would keep me posted. he told me 5 riddles each 1 was a club. after working out the riddles the 5 clubs were. north qld, brisbane, west tigers, melbourne, newcastle,  but as soon as kearney signed with eels this week he wants to be there?
I aint falling for no banana in the tailpipe
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

So ,  your freind is the Riddler ?
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
thunderball
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

lol, yeah he wears a black suit with green ? marks on it.
this rumour is now on nrl news on twitter. there saying jt or cronk wants out. also blair wants to leave storm as well??
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Some people say the moon is made of green swiss cheese.If you've got something to say pilgrim spit it out - otherwise Shut The lima lima lima duck Up.
thunderball
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

so tough how you swear why dont you wake up and smell the roses. players want out they have been made offers just wait and see this week all will be revealed. im not happy about but what happens happens and the club moves on.
so keep your false teeth in a little bit longer
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

thunderball wrote:so tough how you swear why dont you wake up and smell the roses. players want out they have been made offers just wait and see this week all will be revealed. im not happy about but what happens happens and the club moves on.
so keep your false teeth in a little bit longer
That's called "tampering". It's illegal and after the grief the NRL gave Storm you can be sure they'll bite back hard.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately