Greg Inglis to Brisbane

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Widdop is in the GI, Folau hype school, he could be anything, stars everytime i watch him.

You blokes are crazy lol.

He is the future.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1999 wrote: Widdop is in the GI, Folau hype school, he could be anything, stars everytime i watch him.

He is the future.
No where near. Maipele Morseau has alot more potential then Widdop. Widdop will be a good player but not the hype that most people predict.
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Freshy wrote:
1999 wrote: Widdop is in the GI, Folau hype school, he could be anything, stars everytime i watch him.

He is the future.
No where near. Maipele Morseau has alot more potential then Widdop. Widdop will be a good player but not the hype that most people predict.
Lets hope you never get to coach the Storm then, I cound,nt do with another wooden spoon.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

BigG wrote:
Freshy wrote:

He is the future.
Lets hope you never get to coach the Storm then, I cound,nt do with another wooden spoon.
Funny man, can clearly see you love kissing Widdops arse. Dont get me wrong, hes a good player. But he's not the future of Storm. You all have to realise that once Slater moves on, Maipele Morseau will be the new fullback.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Maipele and chisholm for that matter are your classic speedy undersized matt bowen wannabes, who will carve up all levels and ages until they reach the big time where their size and lack of defensive prowess will be badly exposed, only afew of these types like bowen, barba etc make it, and even they are criticised.. who knows if these boys will be of that class.

Gareth is a star, he has size, speed, strength, agility, vision and most importantly a strong defender. Super versatile too.

Was best on ground in our game against the dogs (1 try, 1 try assist, 160 metres, 0 errors, 0 missed tackles)

Carved up for NSW residents and england with meat pies and try assists in both games.

What about the NYC GF last year?

I just cant find any logic to your statement, any chance he's had, he's starred.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1999 wrote: Maipele and chisholm for that matter are your classic speedy undersized matt bowen wannabes, who will carve up all levels and ages until they reach the big time where their size and lack of defensive prowess will be badly exposed, only afew of these types like bowen, barba etc make it, and even they are criticised.. who knows if these boys will be of that class.

Gareth is a star, he has size, speed, strength, agility, vision and most importantly a strong defender. Super versatile too.

Was best on ground in our game against the dogs (1 try, 1 try assist, 160 metres, 0 errors, 0 missed tackles)

Carved up for NSW residents and england with meat pies and try assists in both games.

I just cant find any logic to your statement, any chance he's had, he's starred.
Gareth is a good player as I said. But hes not the future of our club. Considering Chisholm is the same size and weight as Justin O'Neill, I wouldnt class him as small and undersized. And as for Morseau, well when the coaching staff and players state that he is the future fullback of the club and a player which the rest of the squad will be formed around then you come to realise there is logic.

Widdops downfall is his only spot in the team is at 6 which he cant play at the elite level. His attacking options are crap, he plays like a supporting  fullback when wearing the 6 when really he needs to be more a playmaker. I hope he goes else where and establishes himself as a good footballer.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Personally can't see Bellamy or the Club letting GI just walk....with one rider ....unless of course the Deloitte Report is so bad that the club will not be able to compete for points in 2011 without shedding one of the Big 4. That is the only dire circumstance under which GI or any other player might need to leave.

Why would the club or bellamy just allow a 23 year old 100kg line breaking super star just to get up and walk out on his contract cos his fiancee got a job a Brisbane. I'm sure just about every freaking player in the League could break a contract cos of some chick somewhere.

Plus if you want a plum events marketing job...YOU GET ONE IN VICTORIA....NOT FREAKING QLD....

I can tell you know and take it as fact...well run professional corporate organisations (like Storm SHOULD be by now), don't just lose their prize assets that easy.

AND HERE'S A BIG TIP FOR YOU GI THAT YOU MIGHT WANT TO LISTEN TO.........if you think that trying to break your contract to go play with the Broncos based on your thinking that you are simply supporting your fiancee and helping Storm sign other players........well you sure have a funny way of "repaying" the Storm for the faith they put in you and for the support that you have been shown by the Club over the last 6 years.

The Directors obviously want you to stay based on their Big 4 retention plan....just do the right thing and stay. If it means a big pay cut...well that is a way to "repay" the Storm in a proper and respectful manner.
Last edited by Storm Spirit on Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

1999 wrote: Maipele and chisholm for that matter are your classic speedy undersized matt bowen wannabes, who will carve up all levels and ages until they reach the big time where their size and lack of defensive prowess will be badly exposed, only afew of these types like bowen, barba etc make it, and even they are criticised.. who knows if these boys will be of that class.

A mature comment from a mature minded person.

Anyway back on thread,  Inglis would be probably the first to go out of the big 4 if Storm have to flick one of them, so this way he gets to leave on his terms, I wish him well what ever he decides.
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Not believing this bullshit until I see him in a broncos jersey. Of course were going to see a shit load of speculation about our players in wake of whats happened. The reality is though, we need to let one of our big four go, otherwise we will have a team of four superstars and nothing more. I know this sounds harsh towards to bloke, but really we don't see him star until the big games...haven't seen him all that much when playing for storm, but when origin comes round it's G.I time. Personally I'd love to see him stay in storm colours but realistically one of those four players are going to be forced out and it is likely to be Inglis. But I'm not going tp believe any of this until I see it actually happen.

Rant over.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

BigG wrote:

A mature comment from a mature minded person.

Anyway back on thread,  Inglis would be probably the first to go out of the big 4 if Storm have to flick one of them, so this way he gets to leave on his terms, I wish him well what ever he decides.
Haha what? Because I dont agree with your opinions, that makes me immature and my comment stands for nothing? How sad are you. Face it, Widdop is not the future.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

ENOUGH ALREADY ABOUT PLAYERS COMING THROUGH  :evil:
We all know who has who as a favourite & thinks they are/will be "the next big thing"
Here's a tip from an old guy who's seen a few thousand up n coming wannabes.
Shut the F up until they prove themselves in the real league OK.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Freshy you need to go outside and give your head a big smack on the wall.

Your statement regarding Widdop are pathetic he can play anywhere on the park in the backs and when he has he stands out. He adds more value to the Storm being able to play in numerous positions.

You wrote Big G must be kissing Widdops Arse maybe he can see there is Talent in Gareth and you ought to stop kissing Chisholms ring.

To say Chisholm is in same mould has Arana Taumata he should start packing his bags for he needs to start at his next Club soon.Arana Taumata has played at 6 Clubs in his short career that to me is not a good person to have at a Club.

Now go and give your head a knock
Monsoon
Monsoon

There should be a list up in storm headquarters with these names written on it saying:

KEEP AT ALL COSTS (LEGALLY)

1. BILLY SLATER
2. MATT DUFFIE
4. GREG INGLIS
6. GARETH WIDDOP  
7. COOPER CRONK
9. CAMERON SMITH
11. ADAM BLAIR
12. SIKA MANU

FILL IN THE BLANKS!!!!
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

BIG JIM wrote: Freshy you need to go outside and give your head a big smack on the wall.

Your statement regarding Widdop are pathetic he can play anywhere on the park in the backs and when he has he stands out. He adds more value to the Storm being able to play in numerous positions.

You wrote Big G must be kissing Widdops Arse maybe he can see there is Talent in Gareth and you ought to stop kissing Chisholms ring.

To say Chisholm is in same mould has Arana Taumata he should start packing his bags for he needs to start at his next Club soon.Arana Taumata has played at 6 Clubs in his short career that to me is not a good person to have at a Club.

Now go and give your head a knock
Sure widdop can play anywhere in the backline but the question is, can he play some positions well? Five eigth, no not at the top level. He's a fullback and hes good at it, but as Ive said, hes not the future. Not when you have someone like Maipele Morseau.

As for comparing Chisholm to Taumata. Well yes he has been at 6 clubs but only shown the door by 4. 2 of which had piss weak excuses as stated by Stephen Kearney himself. Id hes not a good person to have at the club, then why did Bellamy desperately want to keep him around after his contract was torn up? Or for that fact, why was he sounded out about a return not long before the salary cap drama broke? mmmm
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

There should be a list up in storm headquarters with these names written on it saying:

KEEP AT ALL COSTS (LEGALLY)

1. BILLY SLATER
2. MATT DUFFIE
4. GREG INGLIS
6. GARETH WIDDOP 
7. COOPER CRONK
8. BRIAN NORRIE
9. CAMERON SMITH
11. ADAM BLAIR
12. SIKA MANU

FILL IN THE BLANKS!!!!