Can anyone tell me the reason given for the Cowbells being confiscated?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

JF_Storm_Swans wrote:
simo wrote: Everyone bring cowbells is a stupid idea. All its gunna do is get them Banned permently.

We got this great new stadium. There was 1 little error or mix up and everyones up in arms.
Just relax all. Things will be back to normal next week.
No they won't. Security will pick on the next thing. They were itching to kick us out for "swearing" at the Roosters game & were watching my big flag just waiting for an incident (before the pole snapped in half  :( :P)

Watch me have all sorts of hassles getting it in at the Panthers game.  :x

JF
i havnt had a single prooblem at a Storm game. Its been sensational at the new stadium every time.
Maybe you should just obey the rules.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

glennb wrote: Could you please tell me why the keep asking you to remove your sign, but the disgussing signs been held up at the Parramatta game were allowed?  I bet the answer is the signs at Parramatta where about The Melbourne Storm and their players/coach, not Gallop or the NRL.  The is a rule that not insulting banners can be taken into a game.  But the did not inforce it at Parramatta, did they.  Once again, there seems to be two sets of rules.  One for Storm, one for every other club.

On another subject.  Why is Ribot at every home game now?  Walking arount the ground with other Borad members after the matches.  Is he involved again or is he just adding support?  Either way I bet the NRL hate it and it is another thing they will hold aganist us.
The owners of AAMI Park and the owners of Parramatta Stadium are 2 different things. and neither are controlled by gallop.

Obsructing Sponsors signs.. well DUH of course they wont want that.
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

simo wrote:
JF_Storm_Swans wrote:
simo wrote: Everyone bring cowbells is a stupid idea. All its gunna do is get them Banned permently.

We got this great new stadium. There was 1 little error or mix up and everyones up in arms.
Just relax all. Things will be back to normal next week.
No they won't. Security will pick on the next thing. They were itching to kick us out for "swearing" at the Roosters game & were watching my big flag just waiting for an incident (before the pole snapped in half  :( :P)

Watch me have all sorts of hassles getting it in at the Panthers game.  :x

JF
i havnt had a single prooblem at a Storm game. Its been sensational at the new stadium every time.
Maybe you should just obey the rules.
Mate if we obeyed the rules we wouldn't be allowed cowbells, big flags and certain chants...I'm not going to "obey the rules" because some of them are just ridiculous and bullshit. They took some of our mates membership numbers down for swearing...if I recall he yelled "lima lima lima duck off Roosters". If they have a problem with that well they have much bigger things to deal with
Show em Howe
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Personally I hope the cow bell is f*cked off for good. I hate it. I find it a nuisance. You shouldnt need gimmicks at a sporting contest, just the game and the fans.
While I'm on the topic of gimmicks, its about time that moron Storm man got the boot, along with the bloody big purple thing that turns up at half time. I've still got no clue what the hell that is meant to be.
Suppose it probably doesn't matter, once we lose our gun players and the team is getting flogged we are gonna need some entertainment on the side.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Show em Howe wrote: Personally I hope the cow bell is f*cked off for good. I hate it. I find it a nuisance. You shouldnt need gimmicks at a sporting contest, just the game and the fans.
While I'm on the topic of gimmicks, its about time that moron Storm man got the boot, along with the bloody big purple thing that turns up at half time. I've still got no clue what the hell that is meant to be.
Suppose it probably doesn't matter, once we lose our gun players and the team is getting flogged we are gonna need some entertainment on the side.
What the hell are u on about u tosser.
Show em Howe
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

You probably wouldn't understand Fresh.

Keep waiting for the bell to ring.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Show em Howe wrote: You probably wouldn't understand Fresh.

Keep waiting for the bell to ring.
Clearly a troll. Mate everything you named as being gimmicks as such, are what makes Storm what it is. If you dont like it, go to ur local chemist and grab some HARDEN UP pills u moron.
Show em Howe
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I don't take drugs Fresh.......I can harden up naturally.

Ding Ding.
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Show em Howe wrote: Personally I hope the cow bell is f*cked off for good. I hate it. I find it a nuisance. You shouldnt need gimmicks at a sporting contest, just the game and the fans.
Do the storm a favor and kindly lima lima lima duck off :)
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

JAMIE wrote: We have put a banner up at the last two matches. It reads:

GALLOP + THE NRL = THE REAL CHEATS

I have been asked both times to remove it. Last night however I got rather upset. I was threatened with eviction by a bloke in a suit. I told him that I have been a member since 1998, and pay upwards of $1200 for our seats every year. He didn't care one bit. I was so upset, that I had to be calmed by my mates who were there with me. It was them that took the banner down, not me.

I agree with the person who suggested we all take cowbells. And banners as well. I'm sick of organisations trying to strip our club back to the bare minimum. The NRL did it, and now these idiots are doing it too.
Everyone fight and show the passion that our football club is renowned for.
No offence man, as I liked the message on the banner. But with the matches of FOX (ie News Limited run) they would have a lot of sway as to what was deemed offensive & unsavoury to TV viewers, especially as they were being portrayed as culprits. You'd have been on a hiding to nothing hanging that one up permanently.

My little tip is to give it to people close to the edge of the field. Then when the cameras come down looking for pictures of people happily waving at the cameras you bring it out & spring it on them before pulling it away before the goons can confiscate it.  :twisted: #-o =D>

JF
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/swansbear/mel-premiers09.jpg[/img]
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Simo
The banner doesn't block any advertising sign, as there are none where I hang it in front of our seats. It's just plain concrete. Of course Simo, I'd have understood if I was blocking an advertising board. The fact of the matter is, I wouldn't hang there in the first place. I went to the Canberra game and saw some disgusting things written on banners around the ground as it was stated in an earlier post. There were things written on them there were horrible to say the least. My banner didn't involve any swearing, or anything offensive. It merely sent a message to whoever sees it, that we as supporters, love our club, and won't stand for this continued mistreatment by David Gallop, New Limited and the NRL.
Scott Hill and Robbie Ross - The Best

Hartigan and Wilson present:
Gauci and Gallop - The newest Muppets

News Ltd = The death of Rugby League
KingFD
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I disagree with everything you've said, and that "bloody big purple thing" is Boom.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I can't believe you said that....what a bore of a man.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

JAMIE wrote: Simo
The banner doesn't block any advertising sign, as there are none where I hang it in front of our seats. It's just plain concrete. Of course Simo, I'd have understood if I was blocking an advertising board. The fact of the matter is, I wouldn't hang there in the first place. I went to the Canberra game and saw some disgusting things written on banners around the ground as it was stated in an earlier post. There were things written on them there were horrible to say the least. My banner didn't involve any swearing, or anything offensive. It merely sent a message to whoever sees it, that we as supporters, love our club, and won't stand for this continued mistreatment by David Gallop, New Limited and the NRL.
Hmm.. if it doesnt block any advertising signs. Then that is wierd.
If security ty and take it down again.. maybe ask them where you can hang it. see what they say.
or ask them whats wroing with hanging it.. where you have it.
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

They told me that the banner was offensive.
Scott Hill and Robbie Ross - The Best

Hartigan and Wilson present:
Gauci and Gallop - The newest Muppets

News Ltd = The death of Rugby League