Finals on FTA/Foxtel

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Thanks channel 9 for nothing once again.I hope they lose AFL rights.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

9 are a deadset disgrace!!!! I'm still going into the city to watch it. Not sure where yet. Maybe Rising Sun... who knows??? Is it in the main pub area of the Rising Sun they will show it, or is there a secondary room??
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Well we're out of luck with the Rising Sun guys. I just rang them and asked if they'd be showing our game on Saturday evening and the guy told me that the Darwin feed they get will be showing AFL. :evil: :evil: :evil: Obviously I'm not mad at RSH - only the injustice of it all :cry: :cry: :cry:
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Just rang Crown too and they don't have their listings available yet. They suggested I call back tomorrow afternoon, about the same time.

Does anyone know of any other pubs that are a chance of showing the game live?

I wonder how hubby and the kids feel about a o/n trip to Albury?! :shock: :lol:
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Now that's just weird cos when I rang the RSH, he told me that the Imparja tv guide showed AFL. I just looked it up and it says 6:30pm NRL finals (our game) and at 8:30pm is the AFL ... now i'm really confused. :roll:
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

somewhere better be showing this game, or i'll be pissed right off!!!

Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

steaming stormer wrote:somewhere better be showing this game, or i'll be pissed right off!!!
you're not the only one.
my thoughts are if no one is showing it, we all rock up to the nine studios and demand they let us in to watch the sydney feed in there, i'll handcuff myself to a desk or something in there if i have to :wink: :lol:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

good idea - go to CH9 studios and watch it! :lol:
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Just wondering if Brian Waldron or someone from the Storm are talking to any venues & trying to organise a live feed?
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

mb09 wrote:Just wondering if Brian Waldron or someone from the Storm are talking to any venues & trying to organise a live feed?
you should email the club and ask them...and if they havent yet then hopefully they can get one organsied and if its on to short notice then get one organised for the week after(if we are still around).
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Have sent off an email to the Storm to find out what they are doing about a live telecast.If & when I receive a response I will report back to forum.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

mb09 wrote:Just wondering if Brian Waldron or someone from the Storm are talking to any venues & trying to organise a live feed?
Not unless you're a suit.
I get the distinct impression that Waldron doesn't give a toss about us mug punters.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well he talks to people in the social club that try to talk to him. i'm sick of the Waldron bashing that goes on. The blokes been in the job not even 12 months, and people have the shits because everything didn't instantly improve. Here's a tip - It was never going to!!! It is going to be a process that takes a couple of years. Since he came in, we have had the funding for a new stadium approved, we have a push from the NRL into grassroots development, we have a confirmed Origin match and Test Match - all in 12 months!!!

I'd say that is a fair years work from Brian.

Back to the topic though, I'd like to think something can be organised somewhere by the club. I was thinking before, and I know there isn't the base to create a Leagues Club, but I think the club needs to build on some of the underlying relationships between the Storm and a couple of pubs in the Richmond area (other places would be fine too, but there is already a link with a couple of the Swan St Pubs).

The relationship needs to develop, so that we know there is a place to go to watch all away games. We need to have a 'Storm Pub' as such. That is a challenge I feel the club needs to take on.

Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

as I mentioned in my thread about SEN they r calling the first half and then crossing too the Melbourne tigers game "at this stage" if we cant get TV coverage I suggest emailing programming@sen.com.au and seeing what they can do. If we cant get TV radio is the next best
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

What concerns me is not so much the Waldron bashing - but perhaps the Waldron Worshipping that's going on - a lot of what's been announced this year has been 7 years in the making. It's kinda like Bracks announcing Spencer St Station revamp 5 times over 3 years - you don't get the credit 5 times do you!

Temper your enthusiasm for Waldron with the knowledge that things like the Presentation Ball is a month away from when it's usually held. The rumour was going around earlier this year that Waldron didn't want supporters involved. Now a conspiracy theorist might suggest that the information about the ball is being withheld to reduce supporter attendance. I'll leave that for the conspiracy theorists.

But for those supporters who like to go to the Ball, and have to save up for tickets, clothes and other assortments (e.g. accommodation etc) 4 weeks is cutting it short! The usual start date for advertising has been early July.

Now I take my hat off to Waldron for the new stuff so far - but what worries me is what has happened to all the old stuff? The erosion of importance of a supporter to the club.

Rant slightly off topic! :) My apologies.