Round 24- Storm vs. Manly

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can we please not have Alexander ever commentating on a Storm game again!

Green has been shot tonight. Every time it came left he's stuffed it up.

Good work Suli and will probably get the record next week at home.
Monsoon
Monsoon

bula wrote:Can we please not have Alexander ever commentating on a Storm game again!

Green has been shot tonight. Every time it came left he's stuffed it up.

Good work Suli and will probably get the record next week at home.
Agreed the obvious hate Vossy & Brandy have for the Storm is embarassing for people who are paid to be neutral and unbiased.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Vossy talking up Manly's effort all game was hilarious. Game wasn't close outside of errors by us leading to their tries.
Agreed on both counts. We never looked like losing and while it would've been nice to keep the foot on the throat given it was against the scum, we clocked of a bit and did well and truly enough to get the points.

As for the commentators, absolutely disgusting as usual but two really shit comments (out of many) really stood out. First Alexander when he said after Jesse gave Brown a pat on the head when he stuffed up the play the ball "Bromwich was lucky Lewis Brown didn't turn around and throw the ball in his face" What sort of commentator worth their salt says shit like that?

And one from the other dickhead Voss who said when we were on our line after receiving a penalty "Now Melbourne are trying to soak up as much time as possible, i'd penalise them now for wasting time. You can't take that long taking a kick for touch (Cam kicks it into touch) then Voss again, 45 seconds"

I knew it was nowhere near 45 seconds so i rewound to see. While Cam was standing around with the ball before the kick the ref hadn't blown time on and the clock was stopped at 72.54. The length of time between the ref blowing time on and Cam kicking it was 73.06 so a grand total of 12 seconds. I hate him, Alexander and Smith with a passion and their reactions if we win the comp again makes me want to win it just that bit more.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

yourhero wrote:Munster and that pass..... Mint.

Brandy and Ryan, not surprisingly, didn’t even bat an eye at how beautiful that pass was. Too occupied with trying to find a reason to disallow it.
I assume you're talking about the the first try, cut out pass from Munster to Vunivalu. Only the most one eyed (Storm) supporters wouldn't see that as being more than a little bit suspect.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

BS. That pass was flat, fine and divine.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Came out of his hands backwards, which is what matters. Ball floated forward with the way Munster passed it.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I tweeted Vossy about he and Brandys commentary being biased - Vossy has tweeted me back wanting to know "in what way". I only have 140 characters to reply with - anyone want to contribute lol
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

mystormboys wrote:I tweeted Vossy about he and Brandys commentary being biased - Vossy has tweeted me back wanting to know "in what way". I only have 140 characters to reply with - anyone want to contribute lol
If you can squeeze it into 140 characters, you should mention his persistent sniping - implying Storm players engaged in dangerous acts. Twice he said of a Storm player making a tackle : "He's got him by the arm! He needs to be very careful there ! " Of one NAS hit up he referred to his high stride, implying he was lifting his knees. He also said when Lewis Brown stayed down in a tackle that it was as if there had been a crusher tackle. He had to retract that when he saw the replay.

Then of course , according to him, every Melbourne pass was forward ( if you want to see real forward passes, watch Ennis or The Dogs)

As to the game itself, I was very pleased with the lads tonight. 5 day break. Over at half time. So much more go-forward with NAS back, Glasby back in form, Welch starting to look the goods. Munster a star. Suli dynamic.

Hopefully Jordy is back next week, and KP soon thereafter.

We are now guaranteed two home finals. Week one for sure, then week three if we win or week two if we lose.

Exciting times !
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

And hopefully that was the last time we have to travel until the gf
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mystormboys wrote:I tweeted Vossy about he and Brandys commentary being biased - Vossy has tweeted me back wanting to know "in what way". I only have 140 characters to reply with - anyone want to contribute lol
Link? I'll join in.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think Bellamy has worked on a few extra plays on the right side to get the ball to Suli seeing as Chambers cannot! Specifically, getting Munster involved. We've always been potent on the right hand side of the field by bringing Billy in on the sweeping plays, creating space and throwing peachy passes (a game against Parradoesntmatta in 2014 where he set Sisa Waqa up for a try springs to mind). It was only last night I had seen Munster attempt to replicate that move. We are so potent with Chambers (when he's on his game), KP/Kenny and Suli and Coops seems to like conducting the orchestra on that side!

Voss and Brandy. Disgusting. Even worse than Brandy, Waz and Bwaiff during the Raiders game.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

140 thousand characters needed. I've emailed a complaint before, they don't respond and i can't find a phone number for fox sports.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I thought it was waz and brandy who were awful. I didn't notice vossy in there at all tbh. RE the commentating in general, does it really matter what they say? As long as the team is winning I think it just makes them look silly when they whinge. It's not like anyone making any of the decisions on the field (or off it for that matter) actually listen to them.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

They just do their best to perpetuate the hatred of, and intrusion by Melbourne Storm into this northern state's code.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

As Taylor Swift says 'Haters gonna hate'. Let the muppets carry on while we sit pretty at the top of the table. It doesn't seem to bother the boys at all so I don't think we should let it bother us. And to be fair, no one likes an overachiever! We're just victims of tall poppy syndrome!