Round 8 vs Warriors

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

LESStar58 wrote:
bula wrote:Vunivalu v Vatuvei, big crowd, big occassion. If he can handle it and play well he can cement himself a spot.

Been quiet impressed with Kennar. From what I've seen is quiet solid in defense and makes the right decision in attack (passes when he needs to pass)
Get an overlap on the right and Vatuvei goes to water. Easily the worst defensive winger in the comp.
He must have read your comment. Going hard tonight.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

28-0 and we still had three tries disallowed. Vunivalu and Young in particular bombed certainties. Proctor needs to learn to run a decoy line to the inside shoulder.

How good was Young's run and pass for Koro's try!?
Monsoon
Monsoon

We're back baby!! Great 1st half boys now let's rip their heart out and hold it up to them!! Cut throat boys!!
Monsoon
Monsoon

42-0!!

Best win in a long time, Warriors were pretty poor but we still have to play what's infront of us and we looked as sharp as we have in years, all of a sudden this season isn't looking so bad, got some optimism now, good work boys!!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Kennar really surprised me tonight. Very good game.
No passengers in tonights game.

Also is Ben Hampton the greatness tacker to ever lace a boot?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well done to Tohu winning the medal post-game. Another typical workhorse performance. He has just about been our best player all year, even after being forced to play out of position at times.

A phenomenal win by the boys. I hope they don't get too carried away with it though, as the Warriors flattered us a fair bit. Our set plays were still clunky, we were lucky that the Warriors let in some soft forward tries early and then their heads dropped.

Smith's service from dummy half was still not flash in parts.

But I will enjoy the win :) Congrats to Vunivalu on another double. Big props to Koroibete on another big effort, particularly to stay on after that ugly knee bend.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kennar played out of his skin! Very, very impressed. Hard to drop him IMO.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:
LESStar58 wrote:
bula wrote:Vunivalu v Vatuvei, big crowd, big occassion. If he can handle it and play well he can cement himself a spot.

Been quiet impressed with Kennar. From what I've seen is quiet solid in defense and makes the right decision in attack (passes when he needs to pass)
Get an overlap on the right and Vatuvei goes to water. Easily the worst defensive winger in the comp.
He must have read your comment. Going hard tonight.
Got "flippered" by that last kick leading to Suli's brace.

Enough said.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And give it up for MK5. Even when he lima lima lima duck his knee he was brilliant. A big hand to the defense as well. Swamped the Warriors when they looked like getting over the line

Turning point of the season?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would not have wanted to have to pick b.o.g. Tough job tonight, happy with Tohu getting it but could have gone to 7 or 8 others and I would have been just as happy.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Finucane was immense as well.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Mauritian wrote:Finucane was immense as well.
Finucane just keeps putting his hand up for work. What about his bone rattler on Vatuvei at one stage in second half?

Well played boys.

There is a player in doubt for Gold Coast game with a knee injury and surprisingly after his knee bent in all sorts of ways it is not Marika. Young is in doubt with a knee injury. I did notice him getting it strapped in the first half.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Shame about youngs injury. He was great.

The crowd was a bit disappointing for an anzac game. Only 21k
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

NevilleB wrote:Shame about youngs injury. He was great.

The crowd was a bit disappointing for an anzac game. Only 21k
I was really happy with that crowd. One of the best things about AAMI park is that you don't need a full stadium to feel the atmosphere. Well done to the club with those light-up purple clapper things - they looked fantastic when the lights went out!

Very happy with the team performance. I don't think the Warriors had any ball in the first 10min. We were looking to go wide early in the tackle count and it worked well on most occasions. Can't think of anyone who had a bad game. Cam had a pass or two out of dummy half that hit the turf but apart from that he was solid. Bit disappointed in Mr Suli bombing his first try since there was no one forcing him so close to the touch line but other than that he had a really good game especially applying pressure in defence.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I lost count at how many scoring opportunities we had but I think we ended up either scoring, crossing the line, or making an error trying to score at least 13 times last night. Was easily one of the worst defensive displays I've ever seen by a team. They just didn't show up.

Was really impressed by all our young outside backs. They stepped up when we really needed them to. Our forward pack laid the flat form for us early and we didn't look back. Was one of the better all round games we've played in a while.

The hope should be to back this performance up and not let this be a one off. That's what separates the good from the bad.