REP WEEKEND

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

So if Wright's off will Lima become Somoa's goal kicker? LOL
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Samoan and Tongan teams look far stronger than I ever would have imagined. Should be a decent match up. Looking forward to it.

Fingers crossed Mahe has a big game.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

HUGE NEWS - Simon Mannering has been ruled out TOHU HARRIS is in.

Fantastic for Tohu.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:HUGE NEWS - Simon Mannering has been ruled out TOHU HARRIS is in.

Fantastic for Tohu.
Just saw that. Awesome news. He must be stoked.

Congrats big man!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cam just got motm

As to the question of Samoa's goal kicker, the stats say he's 2nd best (for either side lol) but we all know it'll never happen even though the big fella would probably be pretty keen.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I remember his goal. Wasn't it our last game for 2010 at AAMI Park V Newcastle? And he toe-poked it from directly in front?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:I remember his goal. Wasn't it our last game for 2010 at AAMI Park V Newcastle? And he toe-poked it from directly in front?
It certainly was. I like how in our last home game of the season, particularly if we are winning well, we give departing players (who wouldn't normally goal kick) the chance to have a kick at goal. Matt King, Glenn Lazarus, Mitchell Sargent and Danny Williams come to mind. In the same game as Lima's goal Hoffy had a shot from wide out but missed.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think the boys tried to talk brett white into a shot that game too, but, he didn't want it.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

did anybody else hear the commentators say that moi moi had to wear a different jumper because his was too small :lol:
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Fonua looks to have recovered from his first touch where he dropped it cold.
And Sa'u almost scored if it wasn't for a knock-on in the lead up.

WooHoo!! Fonua just set up a try for Tonga
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fonua just scored one!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Loved watching Mahe tonight.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mahe bagged a double, pity those moronic supporters had to invade the pitch and stop them playing the last minute though.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:Mahe bagged a double, pity those moronic supporters had to invade the pitch and stop them playing the last minute though.
They only ran on cause the ref blew full time early for some reason. The two idiots who planted Tongan flags in the middle of the game though, were idiots.

Great work Fonua. He was unlucky with his first touch as the ball was behind him but he should have taken it. Following that though, Mahe was brilliant. Strong running and putting himself in the right place all night.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I reckon Mahe would've taken a lot out of that game tonight. Watch his game improve even more from here. Hope he has a great game on Thursday night too.

Same goes for Junior. Well done to both of our Storm reps.

Why was there no video ref?
And you'd think they'd have provided extra security for this game tonight?? Surely some crowd antics didn't come as a complete shock?? At least it was all fun and no stupid violent stuff.
Was funny to see even a hand-trolley had been pushed onto the field. I immediately thought of BroTown and the Dad who drives a forklift everywhere.

And yourhero, the ref had no choice but to blow full time because so many had ran onto the field following Mahe's 2nd try, off a Manu pass I must add