The Official Sisa Waqa Appreciation Society Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

see this is what being a community is all about haha!

what about "The Waqa Sisa-terhood of the traveling winger"
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

absentee wrote:Waqaholics?

If anyone is doing a banner - this is what should be on it!
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

See what youve started Nacho!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Waqa makes impact

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/l ... 1gjmr.html

THE term surprise packet is one that is often overused in sport but in the case of Sisa Waqa it is one that fits well.

The club's pre-season preview of Sisa Waqa, which appears on its website, states that given the talent in the outside backs the 24-year-old would need to impress in the reserves to get his chance in the NRL.

However, it also says that when he is given his chance he will not disappoint.

Waqa, initially recruited during the pre-season on a three-month trial but having since signed a one-year contract, has been given, and has taken, his chance. It has come through injuries to more established players but after impressive performances in his five games this season, his position on the wing is now his to lose.

Waqa started his career as a rugby union player representing Fiji at the junior levels before playing for the senior team in the Pacific Nations Cup. After a short stint with the tactical response unit in the Fijian police force, he arrived in Sydney to play club rugby with Gordon with his performances earning interest from the Brumbies.

However, after the deal fell through he jumped codes to rugby league and the Sydney Roosters where he played seven games before, with the help of family friend Wise Kativerata, who played with Parramatta, South Sydney and St George Illawarra, he linked with the Storm.

Waqa, who has scored two tries this season and impressed with his strong running, said he still has a lot to learn in the new code.

"I see myself as just a learner and need to keep learning every day and do the little things right that's going to improve my footy," Waqa said.

He said his father Eddie, who played both union and league, had been the biggest influence on his career.

Waqa has been named to start tomorrow's game against the New Zealand Warriors in Auckland on the wing ahead of Justin O'Neill, who suffered a side strain during the week, and Anthony Quinn, who has been battling a back injury but has recovered sufficiently to join the squad as a late addition.

Waqa said the team was determined to get some revenge on the Warriors after the Storm was exposed in an 18-14 loss at AAMI Park last April.

"It would be a good feeling beating them at their home ground," Waqa said.

"We know it's going to be tough but hopefully the boys will stand up and play the same way we have the last two games and just improve with our footy and hopefully come up with a win."
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sisa-wing back and forth
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

dane seemed a bit injured today i wouldnt be surprized if sisa was playing

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

thought he was anyway
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

he played a good game today i thought, not sure why we swapped the centres though - i think m.blair and sisa have a good combo and we should go back to that for the next game.

also, how's this for a sisa slogan:

putting the wanga in winger
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yeah Waqa didn't have as much impact in his runs today I though but in saying that he was still solid and was always there putting his hand up for the ball to get us out of our own end.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

"Pack of Waqas" if theres a group of you.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

stormsally wrote:
absentee wrote:Waqaholics?

If anyone is doing a banner - this is what should be on it!
Yep I agree with this one ..simple and easily understood and directly to the point O0
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

the boy done good tonight.
over 100mts
1 try (should've been 2)
outstanding!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

:-D Sisa Waqa has signed with the Storm for next year plus an option.

"Celebrate good times c'mon it's a celebration ..."
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

;D :D :-D :o :) :P :P ^-^
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!