Greg Inglis to Brisbane

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Joe_Storm_FB_2025
Squall
Squall

Surandy wrote: Is it just me or are newspapers (in particular News Ltd rags) nothing more than overpriced toilet paper these days?
I've stopped buying them. a while ago.
[quote="billythekidslater"]
Yeah I am a troll. [/quote]
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

How can Brisbane afford him? I gues with Izzy going there might be some room. ???
2012 premiers. Legit.
Monsoon
Monsoon

They've release folau.. thats it. They sign hannant, upgrade hoffman beale gillette yow yeh hunt etc

Makes you wonder where the 600k will come from.

I know its rich coming from a storm supporter but they have to be cheating.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1999 wrote: They've release folau.. thats it. They sign hannant, upgrade hoffman beale gillette yow yeh hunt etc

They've lost Ashton Sims and Lagi Setu who were on approximately 200k each, then factor in the retirement of PJ Marsh at the beginning of the season and also the departure of Joel Clinton who was earning 300k or there abouts considering he was former NSW and AUS test forward. So in saying that, the 600k is not out of the question.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Freshy wrote:
1999 wrote: They've release folau.. thats it. They sign hannant, upgrade hoffman beale gillette yow yeh hunt etc

They've lost Ashton Sims and Lagi Setu who were on approximately 200k each, then factor in the retirement of PJ Marsh at the beginning of the season and also the departure of Joel Clinton who was earning 300k or there abouts considering he was former NSW and AUS test forward. So in saying that, the 600k is not out of the question.
They've also added tronc mid season.

i doubt sims or setu were on more then 150k a piece, both hardly make it out of qld cup.

plus the upgrades to gillette, glenn, hoffman, hunt, lui, norman and yow yeh? all minimum wage players who with their talents would all be on ATLEAST 100k a piece now since they resigned long term and are regular 17 players.

Plus setu and sims need to be replaced by other minimum wage players atleast.

Throw in rep bonuses.

600k under? i doubt it
Monsoon
Monsoon

ANNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDD

Bruno Cullen said "Interested? Yes, At the price he's on at Melbourne? No."
Monsoon
Monsoon

ANNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDD

Bruno Cullen also said their priority is with their young stars.
Monsoon
Monsoon

ANNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDD

Still no one has a quote from GI saying that he is even contemplating leaving, his last direct quote a week ago was "I'm not leaving, i love this club, i just moved my family here"
Monsoon
Monsoon

ANNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDD

Phil Rothfield "wrote" this exclusive..

Enough said.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1999 wrote:
Freshy wrote:

They've also added tronc mid season.

i doubt sims or setu were on more then 150k a piece, both hardly make it out of qld cup.

plus the upgrades to gillette, glenn, hoffman, hunt, lui, norman and yow yeh? all minimum wage players who with their talents would all be on ATLEAST 100k a piece now since they resigned long term and are regular 17 players.

Plus setu and sims need to be replaced by other minimum wage players atleast.

Throw in rep bonuses.

600k under? i doubt it
Setu and Sims were paid overs, especially Setu. All their squad are currently under contract so therefore no need to upgrade immediately. Folau was on around 400 and sure Broncs might not pay 600 for GI  but 500? Now thats looking realistic.Its a possibility and one that cant be ignored.
Monsoon
Monsoon

I believe most of those young players have upgraded in the last few weeks, ill try and find a source.

BTW i don't think the storm can afford any baggage if he wants out, we say fine, but were not subsiding your contract, if broncos offer 400k, thats all your getting, otherwise were not releasing you. Rather him play for the reds then pay part of his salary to play against us, he is the best player in the game when he's on, maybe ever, we have to try and fight to keep him. Melbourne has all the power, if we want to keep him he stays, or sits on the sidelines for 3 years.
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Freshy wrote:
The Mauritian wrote: But after having my rant I have calmed down and would NEVER stop supporting Storm.  As for GI I suppose I can't blame him either as LOVE makes you do crazy things.  I have moved interstate for love before.  Was a bad move in end but at the time no-one can change your mind.  What do we all think of Stanley? I haven't seen enough.  Is Dane Chisolm any good at center?  Gareth?
Stanley is an absolute gun. Has the potential to be a real class player. Playing for NZ at the age of 17 says alot. Chisholm should be our five eigth. Give Gareth the flick.
Are you on drugs???? You would flick Widdop a great all rounder and rep player, and swap him for Chisholm!!!! He would only probably make it on the wing in 1st grade. He has been lucky to keep his place in the NSW Cup this year because of attitude problems. :nono:
Monsoon
Monsoon

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... ugbyleague

My point is i dont think the broncos are chasing that hard, its just GI's only option if he follows his missus.

IF any of this is even fact, who knows.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

BigG wrote:
Freshy wrote:
The Mauritian wrote: But after having my rant I have calmed down and would NEVER stop supporting Storm.  As for GI I suppose I can't blame him either as LOVE makes you do crazy things.  I have moved interstate for love before.  Was a bad move in end but at the time no-one can change your mind.  What do we all think of Stanley? I haven't seen enough.  Is Dane Chisolm any good at center?  Gareth?
Stanley is an absolute gun. Has the potential to be a real class player. Playing for NZ at the age of 17 says alot. Chisholm should be our five eigth. Give Gareth the flick.
Are you on drugs???? You would flick Widdop a great all rounder and rep player, and swap him for Chisholm!!!! He would only probably make it on the wing in 1st grade. He has been lucky to keep his place in the NSW Cup this year because of attitude problems. :nono:

Yep I would. Widdop is a good player, but not the star that everyone builds him up to be. He has alot of potential but we dont need him. Chisholm is Aussies version of Arana Taumata and I rate him higher than Widdop.
Last edited by Freshy on Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Geez I can't wait for 4 years when we will have quite a few Victorians in the team, they won't have to leave beacause they will already be home :D

1. Maipele Morseau (will probably be back in QLD by then, hopefully not)
2. Young Tonumaipea
3. Eddie Faamausili
4. Cameron Hansen
5. Richard Kennar
6. Gareth Whiddop
7. Eman Carlos/Ben Hampton(if still here)
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Herschel Gideon
10. Sione Kite (if still here)
11. Kenneath Bromwich
12. Tohu Harris
13. Mahe Fonua
14. Robbie Kurth
15. Matt Constantinou
16. not sure?
17.  Lucas Grech