2009 Nein TV Coverage

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Didgi
Squall
Squall

Stormwarning[c] wrote: Len Downes is the bloke from GTV Nine.

The pix is of a bloke by the name of LES Downes (and I think he is from NZ)

CC. Freeview will be a good opportunity for League, but as I mentioned, there is no law saying Nine have too show it. even once Freeview starts
Also Nine haven't decided what they are doing re Freeview, only Ten have said they are doing a sports channel from mid this year.Nine's trouble at the moment more than likely wont see them do anything on Freeview until they really have too (around late 2010) and after the others have shown their hand a little more.
Any idea what sports?
[color=#0000FF]COW[/color][color=#FFFF40]BOYS[/color]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Stormwarning[c] wrote: CC, I was the same, thought it was Les, until I met the bloke and got a letter from him saying Len.

But either way you want to say it the bloke is still a DILL. (haven't been able to find any photo of him anywhere)
Dill is an understatement ;D

Bet he's hiding in a cave somewhere, cos its nearly league season and he's going to be besieged by Storm supporters complaigning about programming of games into Melbourne.

:argue:
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Didgi wrote: Any idea what sports?
From what I've read, it will come into effect around mid year. Sports will include;

AFL – the 2009 NAB Cup, home and away season, and finals including the Grand Final returning to the network in 2009
Netball – ANZ Championship Competition and all Test matches featuring the Australian Netball Diamonds, exclusively for the next five years
Commonwealth Games – 2010 Delhi Commonwealth Games
Cricket – Indian Premier League Cricket, the world's premier annual Twenty20 cricket competition
Formula 1 – every round of the F1 World Championship
Moto GP – extensive coverage of every round of the World Championship
NASCAR – live coverage of the Daytona 500 and other major Sprint Cup races, live coverage of the Nationwide Series, as well as Sprint Cup qualifying
Australian Rally Championship – exclusive coverage of every round
National Football League (NFL) – three games per week live, including the flagship Sunday and Monday night games, as well as live coverage of play-offs and the Super Bowl
Major League Baseball (MLB) – five games per week live, including prime time coverage of play-offs and World Series
National Basketball Association (NBA) – three games per week live
Golf – US Masters, US Open, World Golf Championships including the Accenture MatchPlay Championship, the CA Championship, the Bridgestone Invitational and the World Cup, Australian PGA,
Ladies Masters, 2010 Ryder Cup, and 15 additional international and domestic events including the Johnnie Walker Classic, and the Asian tour's flagship event the Singapore Open and the tour's season ending
Volvo Masters of Asia.
U.S. College sports – American football and basketball
Tennis – ATP and WTA tennis, details to be confirmed, approximately 11 tournaments during 2009.
Swimming – This includes coverage of the Australian Swimming Championships, Pan Pacific Championships, Australian Short Course Championships, FINA World Short Course, Swimmer of the Year – a minimum 109 hours per year for the next eight years,

Remember that due to Federal Government anti-siphoning regulations, some of these sports and events should be also shown first or simultaneously on TEN.

One will also broadcast two expanded editions of Sports Tonight, and from time to time will feature extreme sports, emerging sports and a range of sports-related programming including documentaries.

Keep in mind that FTA don't have to go digital until the END of 2013, so the don't expect a great rush.....especially from Nine.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Didgi
Squall
Squall

So all of that is on just one TEN channel? Sounds good :)
[color=#0000FF]COW[/color][color=#FFFF40]BOYS[/color]
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Here is an update on the the FreeView.

Of the 15 channels promoted by Freeview, five are the existing digital free-to-air channels, another five are high-definition versions of the existing channels with mostly identical content, while the remaining five channels can be used by the networks for additional programming.

Of these remaining five channels, ABC has already launched ABC 2, while Ten has announced it will launch a channel dedicated to sport, One, on March 26.

Seven has said its new channel will go to air mid-year but has not said what content it will carry.

Nine's new digital channel will launch in the second half of this year but will reportedly be limited to repeats of programs shown on Nine's main channel two hours earlier.

So still looking bad for League in Melbourne unless the NRL pull their finger out.....and we know that will happen (not).
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Disappointing, yet not unexpected Channel Nein are not televising the Storm vs Broncos Round 2 game until 11:45pm on Friday. I guess it's time for us all to call Nein again and complain, once again.

Ah well, fingers crossed that Fox Sports will show our game first at 11:30pm rather than second at 1am.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Didgi wrote:
Stormwarning[c] wrote: Len Downes is the bloke from GTV Nine.

The pix is of a bloke by the name of LES Downes (and I think he is from NZ)

CC. Freeview will be a good opportunity for League, but as I mentioned, there is no law saying Nine have too show it. even once Freeview starts
Also Nine haven't decided what they are doing re Freeview, only Ten have said they are doing a sports channel from mid this year.Nine's trouble at the moment more than likely wont see them do anything on Freeview until they really have too (around late 2010) and after the others have shown their hand a little more.
Any idea what sports?
Gridiron, tennis, AFL, golf.... just about everything bar the NRL. Channel 10 are as bad as Channel Nine!
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

singlemalt wrote:
Stormwarning[c] wrote: Wagga has never been Leagues Heartland.........Melbourne has been since 1998 ;)
lol yeah, I get it  :P
As if Wagga is Rugby League heartland. They lost that when they sold Eric Weissel & the league club for 1.3 million, then spent triple that developing a ground in the middle of nowhere with a capacity more suitable for juniors than first class footy.
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Another Friday night game and another week of wondering whether we'll get to watch the game before midnight. :roll:
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Surandy wrote: Disappointing, yet not unexpected Channel Nein are not televising the Storm vs Broncos Round 2 game until 11:45pm on Friday. I guess it's time for us all to call Nein again and complain, once again.

Ah well, fingers crossed that Fox Sports will show our game first at 11:30pm rather than second at 1am.
Hate to break this to you, but Fox have no nrl games on Fri nite...two ch.9 friday night games, been shown Sat. morning. looked at fox guide early this morning.

We may all have to meet at one of the pubs :lol: and of course ring channel nothing again.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

CooperCronk wrote:
Surandy wrote: Disappointing, yet not unexpected Channel Nein are not televising the Storm vs Broncos Round 2 game until 11:45pm on Friday. I guess it's time for us all to call Nein again and complain, once again.

Hate to break this to you, but Fox have no nrl games on Fri nite...two ch.9 friday night games, been shown Sat. morning. looked at fox guide early this morning.

We may all have to meet at one of the pubs :lol: and of course ring channel nothing again.
true , but surandy may have been meaning that foxsports may show the replay before channel 9 in melbourne, which usually is the case on a friday night
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
dancingzorba
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

are you serious? melbourne supporters can't even spell nine ahahahahhahahahahh

40-0
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

dancingzorba wrote: are you serious? melbourne supporters can't even spell nine ahahahahhahahahahh

40-0
Hahahaha - joke's on you toolbag

look at the pun ... nein = no

40-0 maybe, but our boys aren't drunken rapists
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

nacho wrote:
CooperCronk wrote:

true , but surandy may have been meaning that foxsports may show the replay before channel 9 in melbourne, which usually is the case on a friday night
Read the date on that quote by me, it was from March. I hadn't mentioned Fox Sports when I raised this topic about the Grand Final re-match.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Sea eagle nut wrote: They dont care about Mexico.Why would they when the last 15 pages in the papers are about AFL.Wake up to your selves.Youre team is broke and has been for a while.You will be sold off shortly.The country league is shutting down because the $8 million which is half of all NRL profits every year to prop up a team that doesnt even get tv coverage.What does that tell you? Sell the Storm off to free up the millions needed in bush footy.Thats just one reason why we dislike the Scum.
You dislike your own team? RL wouldn't be is such a state if a certain Manly personage hadn't sold off the TV rights to Nein for nothing back in the 90's.

By the way, who owns Manly this week?