IZZY'S DECISION??

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Tempest
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

TC wrote: Shakespeare said "Kill all the lawyers".
William! Mate! Can you do me a quote about player managers?
"Death is too good for them"?
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Over it.

Re sign Dallas Johnson. If that doesn't leave enough cash for Izzy that's too bad. DJ is more valuable.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

“Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.”

William Shakespeare (English Dramatist, Playwright and Poet, 1564-1616)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

is this english class or something?
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

TC wrote: Over it.

Re sign Dallas Johnson. If that doesn't leave enough cash for Izzy that's too bad. DJ is more valuable.
Could not agree more.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Strong coverage just coming out of Brisbane....
BRISBANE is set to announce it has signed superstar centre Israel Folau to a $1.6 million four-year deal.
The Courier-Mail has learned Folau informed his teammates after Melbourne's 10-6 loss to the Roosters on Saturday night he planned to return home to Brisbane next season.

Folau, who made his Test debut against New Zealand late last year, has been the subject of a drawn-out tug-of-war between Brisbane and Melbourne – who meet in next Friday's grudge match at Olympic Park.

The teenager, who is a devout Mormon, has been wrestling between returning to Brisbane to be closer to his family, or remaining in Melbourne with his premiership winning teammates.

Folau would be considered Brisbane's highest profile signing since multiple premiership-winner Glenn Lazarus.
Lets see how many people attack him and use his faith as an excuse.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

And he's gone .... to the Broncos ... for $2 million over four years.  :o
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Folau is certain to be very good for a long time...shame he didnt stay with Melbourne..
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not sure why this thread has been merged with another one, but anyway.

Expect to see a few more of these in the next few hours
The Daily Telegraph has learned Folau informed his teammates after Melbourne Storm's 10-6 loss to the Sydney Roosters on Saturday night he planned to return home to Brisbane next season.
A statement released by the Broncos has this afternoon confirmed the centre will return to Queensland and play with the club next season.

Broncos chief executive Bruno Cullen will make a formal comment on the signing at a press conference at 10am tomorrow.
THE WOW Brisbane Broncos can confirm they have reached an agreement with Israel Folau for the centre to return to Queensland and play with the club next season.

Folau, whose family lives in Brisbane, has been in discussions with the club for some time, and alerted the Broncos of his decision today.

In accordance with the wishes of both Folau’s management and the Melbourne Storm, the Broncos agreed not to comment on the matter until the player had spoken to his current club and teammates.

Subsequently, while confirming the news, in the spirit of that agreement the Broncos will not make formal comment on the issue until tomorrow.

Broncos chief executive Bruno Cullen will hold a press conference at the Red Hill training venue at 10am in the morning.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

It's official, from the Storm website:
Folau signs for Brisbane for 2009
Sunday, March 30, 2008

Melbourne Storm centre Israel Folau has informed the club and his teammates that the 2008 NRL season will be his last in Melbourne, and will return to Brisbane to play for the Broncos in 2009.

The opportunity to move home, be closer to his family and work with his church were the deciding factors for Folau when making his decision.

"It was a very tough decision, the hardest of my life, to leave the Melbourne Storm and sign for the Broncos," said Folau.

"The club has been like a family to me in Melbourne and without their support I wouldn't have been able to achieve what I did.

"But the opportunity to return home and be closer to my family was too hard to resist. My family is the most important thing in my life and they are the reason I have made this choice."

While disappointed with the decision, Storm CEO Brian Waldron understands why the Australian representative has decided to go home.

"Israel's family and church are very important to him and he can be closer to both at home in Brisbane," said Waldron.

"The impact Israel has made in Melbourne in his short time with the club has been phenomenal, and for that he will always be remembered with great affection.

"For a 17-18 year old to break our season try-scoring record, win a premiership and become the youngest Australian Test player in history goes to show not only how talented he is, but what terrific structures we have in place here in Melbourne for anyone who plays for the club.

"We are looking forward to Israel performing to the same standards in 2008 and hopefully achieving the ultimate goal once again with the Storm."

*Please note Folau will not be made available for comment on this matter, however Storm CEO Brian Waldron will be available for comment at 12:30pm tomorrow (Monday, March 31) at MC Labour Park (on the field)
Oh well, at least it's all done and dusted now and Folau and the team can settle back to playing great football again this Friday back at OP.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Good, great - now get Dal to sign!!!!
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I hope Izzy keeps up his form of last year for his final year with us.  I always get skeptical about players announcing early on in the season of moving to another club and then slacking off.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think he'd best be prepared for a barrage on Friday night.  In the end though, if he's gone for 500k a year, or even the 400k first talked at, IMO they are paying overs.  Leaves us the necessary money for Dallas, and then hopefully to throw at Cam and Billy to lock them up long term. 
In saying that though, we need to look for some outside backs.  A bit light on already, so time to start looking
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Tempest
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Well, there goes a promising career.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Andy wrote: I hope Izzy keeps up his form of last year for his final year with us.  I always get skeptical about players announcing early on in the season of moving to another club and then slacking off.
I hope he gets back to it. He's hardly been a shining light so far. It's obviously been weighing on his mind.
Sad he's going. Glad a decision has been reached.

Now, can we PLEASE re-sign Dallas?
And f*cking hurry up about it!!
Last edited by TC on Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately