Scott Hill droped to PL

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
tdcockers
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

bula wrote: Only freind is with the Titans next year!
BUGGER!!!

i forgot that, i guess we will have to pull another future star through the development ranks ;)
PD
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

bula wrote: Against the Knights, without Johns, plus back at home and we still have a really strong lineup even without Hill and Slater!!
Hill wasnt the reason we lost or the reason we're winning.
If he plays like we know he can he's our best player.
Against the Knights even with Johns - That team would have won !!
It had self belief - It had players who played for each other & trusted each other.
What it didn't have was players looking for opportunities to "show off" for S O O selectors.

I'd love to see Hill play creatively & well,but NOT at the expense of the team.
The same applies to Slater.
"We are the puppets and fate the puppeteer
This is not a metaphor, but a truth sincere
On this stage, fate for sometime our moves steer
Into the chest of non-existence, one by one disappear.
"

[i]Omar Khayyam[/i]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

BUGGER!!!

i forgot that, i guess we will have to pull another future star through the development ranks
well hopefully james aubusson is ready for first grade next year.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Slater always responds well, He should be right, Hill, well we'll just have to wit and see how he responds.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

tdcockers wrote:just say that hill is 'cut loose' at the end of the season, and without meaning to sound callous because i know that hill has done well for us for a number of years, but my mind was just running away with the possiblilties...

namely cronk at his natural position of 5/8, smith in at number 7, where he has played remarkably well before, and friend in the run on side week in week out as hooker. now there is a class combination in the making
I spoke to Cam about the half-back role, ie him as fill in and he wasn't interested. His preferred position is hooker.

As for Hill losing us the games against Cowboys & Tigers? Hill did not lose us those games, the team lost us those games.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

well thats just tough titties for cam...he goes alright at halfback and we need him.

StormBec
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

bula wrote: Or maybe....Put INGLIS at pivot
hmmmm, this topic is very interesting especially seeing Bellamy said last week that he thinks Inglis would be a good five-eigth..... :-k
[img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o198/stormbec/banner-new.jpg[/img]
StormBec
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

This is Norths Bears Premier League team named to play this weekend:
1. John Russell
2. Anthony Beare
3. Daniel Watkins
4. Filinga Filiga
5. Andrew Moodie
6. Daniel Russell (c)
7. Ben Black
8. Aaron Trinder
9. Ben Ellis
10. Eddie Sua
11. Chris Saab
12. Brad Domek
13. Luke Fatnowna

14. Ryan Russell
15. Richard Retimana
16. Casey Ellis
20. Bede Tuohy
21. Scott Perrin

There is no Scott Hill listed and the Devils have this week off. Also does anyone know what is happening with Dennis Scott?
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

StormBec wrote: This is Norths Bears Premier League team named to play this weekend:
1. John Russell
2. Anthony Beare
3. Daniel Watkins
4. Filinga Filiga
5. Andrew Moodie
6. Daniel Russell (c)
7. Ben Black
8. Aaron Trinder
9. Ben Ellis
10. Eddie Sua
11. Chris Saab
12. Brad Domek
13. Luke Fatnowna

14. Ryan Russell
15. Richard Retimana
16. Casey Ellis
20. Bede Tuohy
21. Scott Perrin

There is no Scott Hill listed and the Devils have this week off. Also does anyone know what is happening with Dennis Scott?
ARRGGHH!

Bellamy and his mind games!
girvie
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

StormBec wrote: This is Norths Bears Premier League team named to play this weekend:
1. John Russell
2. Anthony Beare
3. Daniel Watkins
4. Filinga Filiga
5. Andrew Moodie
6. Daniel Russell (c)
7. Ben Black
8. Aaron Trinder
9. Ben Ellis
10. Eddie Sua
11. Chris Saab
12. Brad Domek
13. Luke Fatnowna

14. Ryan Russell
15. Richard Retimana
16. Casey Ellis
20. Bede Tuohy
21. Scott Perrin

With the inclusion of 5 Storm players including Hill at lock the Bears starting line-up will be more like:
1. John Russell
2. Anthony Beare
3. Daniel Watkins
4. Filinga Filiga
5. Andrew Moodie
6. Daniel Russell (c)
7. Ben Black
8. Ben Cross
9. Ben Ellis
10. Dennis Scott
11. Jamie Feeney
12. Matthew Bartlett
13. Scott Hill
www.mightybears.com

www.northsydneybears.com.au
lotti

guys Scott may finish his career in the UK.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
StormBec
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Hill may finish league career in UK

Dumped Melbourne pivot Scott Hill has not ruled out finishing his rugby league career in England after overtures from cashed-up Super League club Salford.

Hill, 28, said he would not close any doors after receiving major interest from the much-improved Reds who currently sit fourth on the Super League ladder.

The lucrative English competition must seem a world away for Hill right now after being named in the Melbourne feeder club, NSW Premier League outfit North Sydney, this weekend following his demotion by Storm coach Craig Bellamy.
Speculation was rife that there was friction between Hill and Melbourne coaching staff after the Storm playmaker hinted this week that there were "other factors at play" following his demotion.
Salford is waiting in the wings if Hill falls out with Melbourne and wants to opt out of the final two years of his Storm contract.

"They (Salford) said they were interested but haven't put anything on the table as yet," Hill said.

"I would definitely not rule England out but it's a big move to go over to the other side of the world for my family - I have three kids.

"So it would have to be a pretty good offer for me to go.

"I would prefer not to go to England but I'm not going to close any doors.

"If anything drastic happens in the future I will make the decision (on England) then."

Hill said he faced one of the great challenges of his 11-year senior career breaking back into the in-form Storm outfit.

"It's a challenge for me but I've just got to cut a few errors out of my game," he said.

"Once I do that there is definitely a chance I will push myself back into the team.

"I've just got to work harder to make it into the team."

The foundation Melbourne player said he would watch with interest when the Storm tackles St George Illawarra on Saturday night.
NRL.com http://nrl.com/News/Latest/NewsArticle/ ... fault.aspx
Last edited by StormBec on Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

first the storm got rid of orford and now we are trying to get rid of hill? ya right.

*rolls eyes*

bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was just thinking....
2007 backline

1. Slater
2. Turner
3. King
4. Walker
5. Webster
6. Inglis
7. Cronk
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Geyer takes on role of dumped Hill
Karl deKroo
28apr06

PART-time five-eighth Matt Geyer last night backed Scott Hill to win back his place in the Melbourne Storm starting side, despite statistics showing the former Test star is in the worst form of his career.

Geyer will line up at No. 6 against St George Illawarra at Olympic Park tomorrow night, as Hill faces the ignominy of playing Premier League with Storm feeder side North Sydney.

It is the first time in nine years the foundation Storm player has been dropped from the top grade, but Geyer said he expected his long-time teammate to bounce back quickly.

"Hilly is a quality player and I'm sure he aspires to get back to the level that saw him play for Australia," Geyer said.

"I'm not kidding myself. As much as I love the chance to go in and play five-eighth, I know I am only a caretaker. I'm just keeping the seat warm for Scott."

After serving a two-match suspension for making contact with a referee, Hill was told by coach Craig Bellamy that his form didn't warrant an instant recall.

Statistics compiled by NRL Stats appear to back Bellamy's assessment.

On average Hill has missed 4.5 tackles a game in 2006. It is the worst strike rate of any Melbourne player, and the 12th worst in the NRL.

His total error rate also ranks him within the top 100 in the competition, despite having missed three of the opening seven rounds.

"Whenever you hear a big name has been dropped you like to have a look at his stats and, to be honest, I think Craig is completely justified in dropping him," former Test five-eighth Laurie Daley said yesterday.

"He has been making a fair few mistakes, missing tackles and the way the team has been going without him, I wasn't surprised at all.

"It isn't a decision Craig would have made lightly, but he is a good coach and it shows he isn't scared to make the tough calls."

Daley said there was no reason Hill, 28, couldn't recapture the form which saw him notch six Tests caps and five State-of-Origins for NSW.

"To me it just looks like he's down on confidence," Daley said. "There is no doubt when he's on he is a dangerous player, but it's been a while since I've seen him play a really good game."

Former Storm skipper Robbie Kearns said he had little doubt Hill would use his demotion as an added incentive to play well this weekend.

"You only have to look a few years ago when Craig dropped Rodney Howe," Kearns said.

"People were a bit surprised at the time, but it proved a bit of a turning point for him and when he came back into first grade he played great.

"I'm sure Hilly will be the same. He is very proud guy, he'll be stinging a bit, but he'll be back."

Hill has two years remaining on his Storm contract, and has been linked to English Super League club Salford. After previously ruling out the chances of any move there was a softening in Hill's stance yesterday.

"I would definitely not rule England out but it's a big move to go over to the other side of the world," Hill said.

"It would have to be a pretty good offer for me to go.

"I would prefer not to go to England but I'm not going to close any doors."

Storm halfback Cooper Cronk (shoulder) and Greg Inglis (knee) face fitness tests tonight, but appear likely to play against the Dragons.

The Dragons have yet to decide on replacements for the injured Jason Ryles (hand) and Wes Naiqama (ankle).
It is the first time in nine years the foundation Storm player has been dropped from the top grade
Is deKroo aware that Glen Lazarus was dropped to the Devils once?  :?
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]