Round 18 - Storm Vs Knights (Homecoming)

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Premiers
Squall
Squall

Looks like due to COVID cases exploding in Melbourne there will be no fans allowed into this game
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

With 7 positive cases and an unknown result from MCG Carlton v Geelong and numerous other exposure sites - this game is a miss for me.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Premiers wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:38 pm Looks like due to COVID cases exploding in Melbourne there will be no fans allowed into this game
Ah, I see negative Nellie is back.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make this match so, If anyone wants a free ticket let me know and I'll Email you members ticket when I receive it on Friday. It's situated behind the goals in the Olympic BVD end around row C.
Storm_M_36
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

nacho wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:40 pm With 7 positive cases and an unknown result from MCG Carlton v Geelong and numerous other exposure sites - this game is a miss for me.
lol why go to any games then? This virus is going to be around for a very long time! You may as well give up your membership now if a few cases are going to stop you from attending matches.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm_M_36 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:47 pm
nacho wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:40 pm With 7 positive cases and an unknown result from MCG Carlton v Geelong and numerous other exposure sites - this game is a miss for me.
lol why go to any games then? This virus is going to be around for a very long time! You may as well give up your membership now if a few cases are going to stop you from attending matches.
Ah you're one of those.

Think about something bigger that yourself and the role you can play in prevention and minimising the spread.

Honestly the lack of awareness from people like you who decide to chirp up. Pipe down and keep to yourself. Cheers.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

nacho wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:19 pm
Storm_M_36 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:47 pm
Ah you're one of those.

Think about something bigger that yourself and the role you can play in prevention and minimising the spread.

Honestly the lack of awareness from people like you who decide to chirp up. Pipe down and keep to yourself. Cheers.
I'm fully vaccinated, can I go regardless? Oh wait, I'm supposed to be a work!
til0011
Squall
Squall

I swear to god if this game gets cancelled like the titans game I was going to go to im going to cry :happy6:
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Justin Rodski on SEN this morning.

No official advice yet from the NRL, Apollo or VIC State Government on any changes to crowd attendance or ability to hold the game in Melbourne. Strong possibility though that crowds will be excluded. Contingency planning well underway in the event that new directions are received at the last minute.

Numerous AFL teams have already pulled the pin on staying in Victoria.

As sad as it is, we may end up back in QLD, this time not at our preferred back-up location.
Bartos
Squall
Squall

FFS I am so pissed off. The draw and outbreaks timing have not been kind to us. Best case is to go to Townsville for the next 2 weeks
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... e-july-15/
Melbourne Storm has today made the tough decision to again temporarily relocate from our home state of Victoria to Queensland after discussions with the NRL.

The decision has been made following assessment of the ongoing COVID-19 situation in Victoria and the risks associated with lockdown and potential changes to border restrictions.

Storm players, coaches and staff will fly direct to Brisbane in preparation for their clash with Newcastle Knights on Saturday. The location and details of this match are yet to be confirmed.

“We are really disappointed we won’t be able to play in front of our members and fans again this weekend as we hoped to,” Storm CEO Justin Rodski said. “I know how much everyone connected with Storm - our players and staff through to our hugely loyal members and fans - was looking forward to it.

“There has been so much excitement and planning put into returning to AAMI Park but unfortunately the decision in the end was out of our hands. We will continue to work with the NRL and governments over the coming days to assess the situation in Victoria and plan our return as soon as possible.

“We know this will be extremely disappointing for our members and fans who have missed watching our team play live at AAMI Park. We hope to return again for our match against the Panthers and will provide an update as we get more detail.”

Members who have redeemed tickets for the match this weekend will not need to do anything but those who purchased additional tickets or upgraded will be provided a full refund.

Any fans who purchased tickets to the match will be contacted by Ticketek and provided a full refund.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Anyone know where we are staying this time?

We are playing out of Gold Coast Stadium (this week anyway), but after that?
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I am so pissed. I know it is nobody's fault. But last I had a trip to New Zealand booked and were going to see Storm play as well. Did not happen. Did not see storm play last year. Had the night of and ready to go Saturday night, not going. I was flying to Townsville next week and I was going to see storm play, not happening. Can not go to the panthers game. Did not go to origin at the MCG. I know we are all the the situation but this is getting beyond ridiculous. We have to learn to live with this, we can not keep shutting down for a few cases. The UK still have thousands of cases every day. Shutting down every weeks does not help anyone. I am sick of wasting my money.

Sorry Rant over
Premiers
Squall
Squall

Yeah shutting down does not help anyone….. oh apart from saving lives
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

But we have to learn to live with it.