Round 21: vs Manly - Sunday 30 July, 2:00pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Classic Chambers' brain fart.
Dreadful.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Baulk the play the ball, penalty for offside. Get f*cked!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Strange half, we have been so dominant but have made some poor errors in the red zone, should be up by a lot more than 6, doesn't really feel comfortable at all Manly are a team that can turn it on from no where, we really need to put them away, first try in the second half is crucial.

Smith playing a blinder, also really impressed with NAS & Hughes, and also like what I see in Curtis Scott, he has future superstar written all over him.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

But can't ever be displeased over a 40-6 win over that ugly lot from the rubbish tip, Brokevale.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great win in an important milestone/celebration week. Smithy dominated!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

(Sings)

Ohhhh....
Cameron Smith is magic
He wears a magic hat
And when he saw Olympic Park
He said "I fancy that"
He didn't sign with the [insert team name here]
Because he knows they're shit
He signed with the Melbourne Storm
Because we f*ckin' blitz
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How Jahrome Hughes hasn't played more first grade I will never know. Just oozes quality.

Manly didn't want to be there after the first 10-15 minutes. Could've easily had another 50 put on them in b2b weeks.

Great to see McLean return and play well too.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Watching fox burn Uate and Tom T was a thing of beauty.

And NAS dusting himself off. Fknlol. Cheeky prick.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:How Jahrome Hughes hasn't played more first grade I will never know. Just oozes quality.

Manly didn't want to be there after the first 10-15 minutes. Could've easily had another 50 put on them in b2b weeks.

Hughes is the greatest Welsh fullback since Jonathan Davies

Discuss.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The first half was frustrating. We should have put 5 tries on them in that half.

We DID put 5 tries on them in the second half. Sitting in the sun in the Eastern grandstand in that second half, watching us dismantle a bunch of pretenders on a beautiful Melbourne Winter Sunday, I don't think there was anywhere else I'd rather be !

The future looks so bright, but the highlight was the magic between the veterans. Smith shapes left, kicks right, and Cronk is there to plant it down.

I hope Eddie Munster is ok. Looked proppy on that ankle. Played on a bit, and hopefully his early exit was just a precaution.

Jahrome Hughes was superb at the back. If Billy is back next week, and Munster is ok, then I would keep Hughes in the team ahead of Griffin. He can fill in at FB a bit whilst Billy sniffs around the ruck.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Probably wise to give Munster next Friday off given the short turnaround.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:
blazza18 wrote:How Jahrome Hughes hasn't played more first grade I will never know. Just oozes quality.

Hughes is the greatest Welsh fullback since Jonathan Davies

Discuss.
Is there even another name to throw in to the conversation though? He could be a superstar that's for sure.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote:Probably wise to give Munster next Friday off given the short turnaround.
Craig said in the press conference that he thought Munster had done a bit of damage, and that he is so tough that anyone else would have gone off earlier. He said he doubted he would play next week.

If so, some interesting selection issues !
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bring on Croft!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wanna hear a funny story about Suli Craig even confirmed he had a strange start to the game and I know why

I was outside the players entrance at 115pm talking to Billy and getting a photo (cause why not lol) when Suli comes running down the foot path out of breath with his suit and tie and boots in his hand his GF yelling at him "can't just leave the car here ffs" Billy turns around to him and literally yells at him "wtf your just arriving now you should've been here 45 minutes ago (Billy had just got there too cause obv he didn't have anything he needed to do before the game) Suli was flustered and said we have been stuck in traffic for the last hour I would've got out but she cant drive that car and we had Beau Frank knows we rang him Billy told him to get inside and get ready and Suli ran inside
Suli had left his gf his car and the baby parked in the wrong spot
So that was at 1:15pm from there I went through security and sat down and about a minute later (I checked the time it was 1:30 (I posted on Twitter about it too and the tweet time was 133pm) the boys and Suli ran out on to AAMI park for warm up
Obv the game started at 2 ....Crazy stuff

Now if you watch the press conference one of the journos asks about Suli and Craig says he had a bit of a strange start he didn't touch the ball for about 20min ...it's cause he had a crazy morning stuck in a car lol